• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Art of Animation Sept 2012 Who's going to AoA?

I'm here now, and it's so gorgeous! Can't wait to share all my pictures with you all!

:wave2: Good morning. Hope you are having a grand time.I can't wait to see all of your photos.I will be checking into mermaid room in just 16 more days:cool1:Could you tell me what area of LM I should "request" for the shortest distance to food court?

:wave2: Good morning. Hope you are having a grand time.I can't wait to see all of your photos.I will be checking into mermaid room in just 16 more days:cool1:Could you tell me what area of LM I should "request" for the shortest distance to food court?

I dont remember where I read it, but it said its approx 1/4 mile from the Little Mermaid Section to Animation Hall. There are just 3 buldings there and they are all pretty close, so really should make a difference if its an extra 30 seconds to the food court

I dont remember where I read it, but it said its approx 1/4 mile from the Little Mermaid Section to Animation Hall. There are just 3 buldings there and they are all pretty close, so really should make a difference if its an extra 30 seconds to the food court

Thank you,that is what I thought:thumbsup2

We love where we are.front part of building 9 parking lot view.you can walk along outside of building right to bus stop.we have been going both ways.4 minute walk to food court too.

Hello Ollyg! I cant believe we are getting this close to our trip! I was thinking about you and Tink1823 over the weekend. Cant wait until we all meet up at the airport.:cool1:

Poor DD, she has no idea we are going anywhere. We will have to leave for the airport around 3 a.m. and I plan on telling her we are going to visit Uncle Bob and Aunt Marlene who live at The Villages-a retirement community :lmao:

She will figure it out when we walk up to the Magical Express counter. :rotfl2:

I know she will be a little sad on the plane with everybody in their Mouse gear, but the reaction will be worth it.

I know she will be a little sad on the plane with everybody in their Mouse gear, but the reaction will be worth it.

Can she wear a Disney shirt? I think she will find out where she's going when she sees many children wearing Mickey gears/shirts.. unless she has never been to Disney. I would bring the Mickey ears and she can wear it on the plane, this way she doesn't have to be sad or feel out of place/left out when other children has theirs.

Can she wear a Disney shirt? I think she will find out where she's going when she sees many children wearing Mickey gears/shirts.. unless she has never been to Disney. I would bring the Mickey ears and she can wear it on the plane, this way she doesn't have to be sad or feel out of place/left out when other children has theirs.

I will have our Mickey clothes in the carry-on to change once we get to Orlando.

The Villages are in Orlando, and we have other family in Melbourne, so we have we have gone to FL before without going to Disney. I have been thinking is maybe we should just tell her the night before--maybe via a Mickey invitation that "she got in the mail".

She has always wanted to be in Disney on her actual birthday, and this year she is getting her birthday wish.

I will have our Mickey clothes in the carry-on to change once we get to Orlando.

The Villages are in Orlando, and we have other family in Melbourne, so we have we have gone to FL before without going to Disney. I have been thinking is maybe we should just tell her the night before--maybe via a Mickey invitation that "she got in the mail".

She has always wanted to be in Disney on her actual birthday, and this year she is getting her birthday wish.
Awww!! So sweet! What a nice birthday surprise! I think I would give her the "personal invitation." Besides the actual Disney mail that I would show her, I would also hand her a homemade print out invitation with her own name on it.. and it will say.. "Love, from Disney.. Mickey and Friends!" I think she would love that! This way she can keep her grin all the way to Orlando. :teeth: ..and she can wear her Mickey hat or ears if she has one on the plane. :)

Poor DD, she has no idea we are going anywhere. We will have to leave for the airport around 3 a.m. and I plan on telling her we are going to visit Uncle Bob and Aunt Marlene who live at The Villages-a retirement community :lmao:

She will figure it out when we walk up to the Magical Express counter. :rotfl2:

Good Morning?

I am so glad you told me it was still a surprise. I just hopped on here this am to ask you and seen the above post. I didn't want to be the one to ruin your surprise trip at the airport next Friday morning. I would feel really bad if that would happen. Your DD is going to be so excited. My DD is 16 and she cant wait and she has been there like 10 times! Although myself and my husband are really looking forward to this trip also. We also have to leave our house around 3:00 am. I am so afraid that I will sleeep in! I think I may come home from work Thursday and try to sleep for a while then get up and finish packing or maybe just not go to bed at all! I know we will all be excited and have a hard time sleeping but I still worry about it. IT'S GETTING CLOSER!:banana::banana::banana:

Good Morning?

I am so glad you told me it was still a surprise. I just hopped on here this am to ask you and seen the above post. I didn't want to be the one to ruin your surprise trip at the airport next Friday morning. I would feel really bad if that would happen. Your DD is going to be so excited. My DD is 16 and she cant wait and she has been there like 10 times! Although myself and my husband are really looking forward to this trip also. We also have to leave our house around 3:00 am. I am so afraid that I will sleeep in! I think I may come home from work Thursday and try to sleep for a while then get up and finish packing or maybe just not go to bed at all! I know we will all be excited and have a hard time sleeping but I still worry about it. IT'S GETTING CLOSER!:banana::banana::banana:

I took Thursday off also to get my packing done while DD is still in school. I have been setting all non-disney clothes and such in the spare bedroom. I plan to have everything packed and suitcases in garage before she gets home.

In the past we have stayed over at a hotel near the airport and used the shuttle, but honestly we seemed to awaken at the same time and it was a pain to unload the car then reload it back into the shuttle so we decided just to nix that this trip. We like to arrive nice and early to the airport--I hate to be rushed. We check in then sit back and have a light breakfast and do DD's homework.

I am undecided if I am going to tell her or not. I may wait until the Magical Express, or I may print out an invitation and tell her she has "mail". Still undecided. :confused3

Karen

I took Thursday off also to get my packing done while DD is still in school. I have been setting all non-disney clothes and such in the spare bedroom. I plan to have everything packed and suitcases in garage before she gets home.

In the past we have stayed over at a hotel near the airport and used the shuttle, but honestly we seemed to awaken at the same time and it was a pain to unload the car then reload it back into the shuttle so we decided just to nix that this trip. We like to arrive nice and early to the airport--I hate to be rushed. We check in then sit back and have a light breakfast and do DD's homework.

I am undecided if I am going to tell her or not. I may wait until the Magical Express, or I may print out an invitation and tell her she has "mail". Still undecided. :confused3

Karen
I agree with you about staying at hotel the night before. I would rather just get up from home and pack the car once. We always try to get to airport early. We are going to to try and park the car around 4:00 which should get us over to airport around 4:30 or so.

I would be torn on when to tell your daughter. She will be so excited no matter when she finds out! You have alot of will power because there is no way I would keep it a secret!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter