Art of Animation or All Star Sports?

Sleepless Knight

Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess
So I'm trying to decide where to stay for the Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon. While All Star Sports is friendliest to my budget, I'm strongly considering Art of Animation because it's brand new and I think my love of Disney stems from the animated classics.

So, to that end, I'd be in The Little Mermaid building since it's substantially less than the others and I'm traveling solo.

Is the newness wonder factor really worth the extra money I'd spend. I tend to spend most of my time in the parks, so that's factoring in as well.

Thanks.

I vote for Art of Animation. Since the LM rooms are regular, I don't think the rooms would be too much more than Sports (I think $10 or $20 a night at most). We are going to stay at POFQ in December, but if we have to downgrade, I am move to Art of Animation!!

I vote AoA. I've stayed at all 5 Values and AoA is our new favorite. Check out the pics of the resort I took during our stay during the inaugural opening.

Another vote for AoA. We visited the resort a couple weeks ago and were totally impressed with everything about it. The theming is over the top, the food court is huge and has a great menu and you really feel like you're in the movies. The imagineers did a fantastic job!!! :goodvibes

AOA for sure. I have stayed at All Star Sports, Movies and POP and I hope to never stay at Sports again. I actually would consider off property before staying there again. I know one bad experience should not ruin it for me. But I am not ready to give in yet!

I would go AoA over Sports hands down. We're really looking forward to staying in AoA in September. In addition we stayed at Sports once - this past April - one word ... Cheerleaders another 2 words - NEVER AGAIN!

We knew going in that there 'could' be groups staying there but had no idea how awful it would be. The resort itself is fine - even nice. the groups (cheerleaders and band) were just out of control.

Is there a big difference in price between AoA and Pop? The lady on the phone today said they were suites? I didnt get a price out of her :/

Is there a big difference in price between AoA and Pop? The lady on the phone today said they were suites? I didnt get a price out of her :/

The Standard rooms at AoA are $5 more per night than Standard rooms at Pop. Some people will tell you they're the same price but they are not. Pop doesn't have suites. AoA is mostly suites and they are about $50 more per night than suites at ASM.

From the quote I received, it looks like AoA will run around $200 more. Hence my dilemma. I want to stay at AoA, but I'm not sure if I can justify the cost increase.

Thanks everyone for the input. I've decided to stay at AoA. The only thing is that it's not a host resort for the Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon so I'll have to take a taxi from Epcot to get back to my resort. The CM I spoke with on the phone reassured me that finding a taxi would not be difficult even at that late hour and that a nearby CM would call one for me just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter