Art Of Animation - Heads up

valandemmy

Mouseketeer
Just a heads up to anyone staying at the ART of Animation... First I will say we LOVED the hotel...stayed in the new little mermaid rooms...The only problem we encountered were the beds were WAY TO SHORT.. you couldn't :rotfl2: lay down without your feet hanging off the end of the bed. This may not bother some, but anyone 6 feet or taller will have this problem...

Have you stayed in the value resorts before? The beds are double beds rather than queen size (like at the more expensive resorts), and they are therefore shorter. I agree with you that double beds are too short!

valandemmy said:
Just a heads up to anyone staying at the ART of Animation... First I will say we LOVED the hotel...stayed in the new little mermaid rooms...The only problem we encountered were the beds were WAY TO SHORT.. you couldn't :rotfl2: lay down without your feet hanging off the end of the bed. This may not bother some, but anyone 6 feet or taller will have this problem...

Totally right! We got here last night and as I lay down, my toes are touching the end of the bed - I'm 5'8! We usually have a one-bed room which means we have a King bed but can't do that this year :(

Chantal

Totally right! We got here last night and as I lay down, my toes are touching the end of the bed - I'm 5'8! We usually have a one-bed room which means we have a King bed but can't do that this year :(

Chantal

Haha so my 6'3 boyfriend might have some problems!:lmao:

My husband is 5'10'' and we have no difficulty with the Value beds (I assume the AofA beds are the same as Pop?). I was a bit concerned at first about sharing a double with him, as some hotels have me falling off the side. But the Disney doubles seem a little wider than we've experienced elsewhere, if that's possible.

But... I have to add the caveat that whenever we go back to visit his mum, we share his ancient double bed that sags in the centre, so I think he's well used to parking his feet right at the end! :rotfl:

They must be different than the standard full beds in the other values. I am 6'6" tall and while it is not the best, I can just fit into a the full bed at POP or the All Stars. We just did 15 nights at POP last month and while I "sort" of fit, it sure was NICE to get back home to my Cal King.

awdwnut

Did you stay in the infamous "7 Dwarfs room" at the Art's? They didn't need long beds!

Okay, I truly can't see Disney having thousands of mattresses custom-made to be shorter than industry standard. Double/full beds are 75 inches by 54 inches. You people with your feet hanging off the end - are you sure you're not sleeping crosswise? :teeth:

Okay, I truly can't see Disney having thousands of mattresses custom-made to be shorter than industry standard. Double/full beds are 75 inches by 54 inches. You people with your feet hanging off the end - are you sure you're not sleeping crosswise? :teeth:

They're using too many pillows at the head of the bed!

Trying to figure out the Theme Parks Attractions connection on this one.:lmao:

It's, um... strategy. ;) Can't tour effectively, if you don't get a full night's sleep!

Trying to figure out the Theme Parks Attractions connection on this one.:lmao:

If I had a nickel for every post on the wrong forum? I could sponsor my own board. People don't pay attention to the titles, that's for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter