Art Auctions on Board

butlersdidit

Earning My Ears
I have only been on the cruise once when they have been doing the auctions, but was wondering...

At the first of the auctions on my trip they did a "Reverse" auction, where they start at one price and keep going down until someone bids. The first time they did this the first person to bid was given the art for free ( to encourage others to bid).

My question is...
Do they do the exact same thing on every cruise? I mean free art is free art.

They do reverse auctions on the cruise but be careful.. They also do free drinks at the art auction and there is a reason. I now am the proud owner of some great Art, thanks to the free drinks and my ability to raise my hand. Our last cruise I spent a little over $25,000.00 but it was alot of fun and now we have disney art in our formal dining room.

I went to the Live Art Auction. Though I did not bid it was still interesting. I took the whole experience as an art lesson. They had a drawing at the end for four pieces of unframed art. I wish I had done that. Take it as an educational experience and you won't be disappointed. Sorry that I don't know about the free art at the beginning. They did give everyone a free print at the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter