• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Arriving....SUPER LATE at the Poly

Big O

Earning My Ears
Dear everyone....we're pulling into the Poly this year super late because of a flight time change initiated by United. By the time we pull up to the hotel it will probably be around 2AM. What should be my expectations at this point in time? I've checked into the Poly before, where I joyfully announced that I am 'an arriving guest' to guard, but is there going to be a guard there at 2AM? I've requested to have a guest room in the Tahiti longhouse. Will that request still be honored? Last time we received floral leis, which thrilled my wife and daughters. Will that little ceremony still happen? Will they drive us to our room, where ever it is, or will we be wheeling our own luggage? Lots of questions on this new frontier. All the answers will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, I don't know. I just wanted to add, you could always stay at the Hyatt in the airport for the night and then check into the Poly in the morning. This could save you some money as well. Not to mention you will get a bit more sleep.

Sorry, I don't know. I just wanted to add, you could always stay at the Hyatt in the airport for the night and then check into the Poly in the morning. This could save you some money as well. Not to mention you will get a bit more sleep.
I would suggest this too.

Don't know about the poly but POR was horrible to check into that late in 2008.
We were booked thru a CM who worked at Disney, so on there own website we booked. They could not find our booking, even with all the paperwork. After about an hour, they just gave us a room without even a credit card to or anything and told us to come back in the morning. Thought It would be a good room after waiting in the lobby at 2 with a two year old. No the furthest room they could find without putting us in another hotel, our luggage did not arrive from ME yet. In the morning still no luggage, why we were never writing down as even being on site, so the maid thought it was an empty room. Back to the lobby where 45 minutes go by before finally being truly checked in, but we had to keep the room we had, at least for one more night. We then got a preferred room.

At POR the bell service was outside, not that it helped we had no luggage. The did not bring us to the boon docks, but that may be the difference of moderate to deluxe.

We stay at SoG now where we are treated better.

Dear everyone....we're pulling into the Poly this year super late because of a flight time change initiated by United. By the time we pull up to the hotel it will probably be around 2AM. What should be my expectations at this point in time? I've checked into the Poly before, where I joyfully announced that I am 'an arriving guest' to guard, but is there going to be a guard there at 2AM? I've requested to have a guest room in the Tahiti longhouse. Will that request still be honored? Last time we received floral leis, which thrilled my wife and daughters. Will that little ceremony still happen? Will they drive us to our room, where ever it is, or will we be wheeling our own luggage? Lots of questions on this new frontier. All the answers will be greatly appreciated.

When we stayed at the Poly, we had a late flight and didn't check in until around 1:00-1:30 a.m. and 2 out of our 3 requests were met (with the 3rd being met if we wanted to change rooms the next morning). We did receive floral leis as well. In regards to requests, whether or not they will be met will be determined by how busy the resort is. Nobody took us to our room, but I think someone takes you to your room only if you are staying CL.

A night at the airport came out to the same price as a night at port orleans for us. I would suggest booking that and then going to the poly the next day.

Another vote for the airport Hyatt. I would not want to pay deluxe prices for about 5 hours of sleep that night! I generally do the airport Hyatt when staying deluxe and arriving anytime after 6 PM. I've stayed there and checked into the Beach Club at 8 AM the next morning.

I have arrived 11p-1am at least 6-8 times at WDW. The only problem is if you don't get your request there will not be as many alternative options because every one else already in the room. I have always wheeled my own luggage but at CSR resort last month bell services was open at 1:30am( we arrived at 11p and asked to leave our luggage to go to MK at ride space Mtn before going to bed / EMH until 1am).He kept our suitcases right in the little room with him because he knew we would not be gone long:thumbsup2. I arrived late once a few years back at Poly too. If they forget to offer the leis , just ask , they are hanging right there.
No worries! It is Disney! Magical Express is open, people will be at check in etc!
I prefer to arrive late so I can get up and head right to parks vs arriving in the morning and never have had any problems. It is easy to check in too because no crowds.

Enjoy your trip!

Since the airline changed your flight is there any way you can have them change you to an earlier flight? This just happened to us for our June trip and I was able to change to a much earlier flight with no charge. Good Luck and enjoy!

My first choice would be to spend the night offsite and check in early am at the Poly. But, I know for varying reasons it isn't always possible or desirable. We have checked in after midnight at AKL, YC and All Star Movies over the years. We happened to get our room requests every time and, in the case of AKL, we were upgraded. Someone from bell services delivered our luggage at the deluxes. I have searched my memory banks but can't remember if the resort guards were posted at that hour or not! I am usually so tired by then, I guess.

Re: the Poly, specifically. There is no guarantee you will get Tahiti, of course, but, likely, they would let you move if something is available the next day. Ask for the leis if they don't offer! We have never received a ride to our room upon check in, I think that is a club level perk, but, again, BS will handle your luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter