Arriving Sept 12th

ncgolfer

Boy work gets in the way of the fun!
We're planning to arrive Sept. 12th. Since I'm still outside the 5 day cancellation policy my family is pushing to go ahead and cancel and reschedule. I keep telling them we have until the first of next week to cancel so lets wait and see what happens. Disney is very good about getting the parks back up and running. The only worry I have is if Orlando takes a direct hit that the roads, utilites, and especially the airport will be in bad shape.

What are your opinions?

No advice, just bumping you back to page one.

ncgolfer, I'm in the same position you are. I'm to arrive on the 13th.

I would wait. If you're arrival is on the 12th, you should have until close of business Monday to decide.

I just checked out the projected path of the storm in relation to Orlando. It's supposed to come ashore in southeastern Florida, and leave the west coast of Florida by 2pm on Sunday. I would wait until at LEAST Sunday evening to make a decision.

Not to mention, as MUCH as they're saying that this is going to hit Florida, hurricanes can change on a dime. It could just as easily blow up north into Georgia or South Carolina.

I guess my point is to wait. If you have a good discount rate on your resort, I don't know if you'd be able to get that rate back. Not to mention, Florida WILL need all the tourists they can get to keep pumping money into the economy. AND - I know it's still a lot of money, but you won't lose it all if you wait to cancel. Just one night's deposit. AND, they might let you take that money and apply it ALL to a new reservation.

I'm waiting until Tuesday to make a decision.

PM me, or post here what you decide to do.

ncgolfer, we are in the same boat as you. We arrive on the 12th and are driving in. I'm hoping that all is ok including the roads. I feel as though Disney will have everything up and running by the that we get there.I just keep crossing my fingers.April

Me too, I am arriving on the 11th. I am trying not to worry. I am also hoping that everyone who lives in Florida will be ok.

We are driving to FL and just going to watch and see. We are leaving Indiana on THurs (9-9) but not planning to get to Orlando until 9-11. We are renting a house for the week. I just read that it had dies downa little bit to a Cat 3 but it still could get stronger. I hope that it turns and dies down and that everyone there is safe. I am hoping to not have to postpone vacation but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we did. I am also hoping that the parks aren't insanely busy the week we go due to all this. The whole reason we picked this time of year is vavoid crowds so our oldest could experience Disney like she wasn't able to last year in June with grandma.

We are also arriving on 9/11. If WDW gets slammed, IMHO, they will bend over backwards to move ressies and reschedule vacations. I am not going to consider canceling anything yet. I think by next weekend Orlando and WDW will really need our tourist dollars. I also refuse to stress about IVAN.

I so need this vacation, so I am going! Is that so wrong? Seriously, I really think we can wait till next week and see what FRANCES brings.

We're in the same situation. I'd like to postpone our trip, but I'm not sure if we'll be allowed since we booked through priceline and are not sure if our airline will transfer our tickets to another week. Heart goes out to everyone affected........:(

I'm in the same boat as everyone else. We leave Buffalo on 9/11. I am nervous the trip will be cancelled by Disney or USAIR (not to be insensitive to those in FL now - hope everyone stays safe and Frances go to sea)

But on a lighter note - my husband says that it because I'm going to FL (never been before) that this is happening - The dark cloud must be following me.....:rolleyes:

If we all make it - we should gather for a post Frances celebration....:drinking1 :

I live in south Florida and have been watching thid vrty closely. I do not think anyone should cancel necause like previousely stated Disney was back up and running within about a day of Charlie. Of course we do not know how this will affect Orlando but I have all faith that Disney is taking all precautions and will work like crazy to have everything up and running and safe. I also hope that because peoples trips are getting canceled this labor day weekend that they will not resched for when I am there!!!!!! I know that sounds mean lol but I did plan my vacation to be during the lower time. Oh well. I too do not even want to think about Ivan now but I hope this is just over soon so we can get our lives back and i can stop living in a cave lol.

DH and I are coming down on 9/9. We are flying US Air which is only allowing people who are booked through the 6th to change their tickets...I hadn't even contemplated cancelling. We are confident that everything will be up and running for our arrival on Thursday.

For all those in Florida...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your families.princess:

I'm watching this all very closely too -- see my countdown below! We're supposed to arrive on 9/7 in the afternoon. I am working on the assumption that MCO will be back up and running, but I'm not sure what will await us when we get there. As of now, USAirways is only waiving change fees up through 9/6 reservations. I am going to wait another day or two to decide what to do. I would ask for any opinions (and please share them if you have them), but my sense is that it is too early to tell just exactly what this storm will leave in its path.

I am leaving on the 12th as well. At this point I do not plan to postpone my visit as I need this vacation and I am hoping it will all be over. My thoughts are prayers are with all the people affected by this storm.

We are in the same boat as the rest of you. We are flying in on the 12th. My DH is freaking out that the parks will be closed. I keep telling him to wait it out. This is supposed to be our 5th anniversary trip so I am just praying that we can still go as we really NEED this vacation.

We are in the same boat. We are scheduled to fly out of Boston on the morning of Sept 11th. We are just keeping an eye on the news and will take it from there.

Well, we aren't flying but driving down on the 11th scheduled to be in FL on the 12th. I pray that traffic is ok and things will hopefully be semi- back to normal. Of course, my wishes seem so petty at this time, but I AM looking forward to my 10 days at Disney. *sigh*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter