Arriving on the 3rd, WDW sent email saying monorail may be down

is there a refurb schedule available? Staying at poly, hate rail may be out some.

When the monorail is down for refurb, there will be buses provided to cover the routes.

Is it going to be completely down or modified hours? I know they sometimes modify the hours to do work during the middle of the day when the least amount of guests are using it. When it happened during our sta at VGF, we used the boats to get from MK back to the resort.

They've been sending the same email for months now. It's not new. There has been ongoing work to automate the monorail system for quite a long while and it continues. From our experience in October this email is mostly about covering themselves. I wouldn't worry. You'll get around just five. Besides, we always use the resort launch to get to MK, much nicer and only a 5 minute ride.

We got the same info when we stayed at Poly in July 2014. We only ended up riding it once or twice, because it was only operating mid-day. We tend to stay at MK and Epcot all day, so it wasn't operating when we left or returned. Very disappointing to pay so much and not get to use it. At least most of the construction, or maybe all, is done for you now. Because the combination of the construction and monorail shutdown was just too much for us.

I chose where I'm staying because 1) it was a resort I never stayed at and 2) because of the monorail since I was only going to MK and Epcot on this short trip.

I'm a bit disappointed that the monorail won't be running as often during my stay - I hardly ever take it and was looking forward to doing so on my trip. If I am going to be stuck riding buses, I could've saved money and booked at a moderate resort. Oh well, at least I'll be at Disney.

I chose where I'm staying because 1) it was a resort I never stayed at and 2) because of the monorail since I was only going to MK and Epcot on this short trip.

I'm a bit disappointed that the monorail won't be running as often during my stay - I hardly ever take it and was looking forward to doing so on my trip. If I am going to be stuck riding buses, I could've saved money and booked at a moderate resort. Oh well, at least I'll be at Disney.

Even if the monorail isn't available, the boat launches from the Poly and GF to the MK are super convenient. In fact, with the issues the monorail has been having, I'd prefer to take the boats over the unreliable monorail. The commute to the MK is a lot easier from the monorail resorts than from any of the moderates.

That is VERY frustrating. We were there in July and there were several times when it was down, frustrating as we were staying at Poly as well. Generally the boat launch is pretty quick, though we did have one bad experience with it. Good luck!!!

IMHO, the monorail is no longer a reliable means of transportation. And I've taken a boat launch in the cooler months and it is not fun! (too cold). We've stayed at monorail resorts a number of times with Poly being our last stay this past August and, while it was never completely down, there was always a delay or the monorail would stop, etc. During a visit in April, it was struck by lightening and down completely for a few days. From here on out, if we stay at a monorail resort, I'm not going to count on it. Working reliably during the trip will be a bonus!

Even if the monorail isn't available, the boat launches from the Poly and GF to the MK are super convenient. In fact, with the issues the monorail has been having, I'd prefer to take the boats over the unreliable monorail. The commute to the MK is a lot easier from the monorail resorts than from any of the moderates.

Thanks for the tip! I like riding the boats so I'll have to check into that. :thumbsup2 I wonder what they will do on MVMCP nights? I most likely won't be leaving the park until close to 1am to get those less crowded pictures of the Castle all lit up.

Does anyone know when they're supposed to wrap this up? Seems like it's been going on a long time.

What is the current operating schedule? Any speculation as to what it might be in the lead up to the Christmas rush?

It's totally frustrating.... We just returned from the Grand Floridian, and the hours were different everyday. None of the cast members knew when it would be running. Finally, one came up with a times guide that had the hours it would be running and the times it would be down for automation. You'd think they'd put that in the welcome packet at check in...

That being said, the boats are super convenient from GF & Poly. We always take them back from MK. The monorail will be running most hours.... We found that it was only down before 9am.

If the monorail does happen to be down in the middle of the day, what is the best way to get to Epcot from MK?

If the monorail does happen to be down in the middle of the day, what is the best way to get to Epcot from MK?

I would think a bus- not sure if they'll run directly from MK or TTC. You may have to ferry over to the TTC and take a bus from there. Or, any of the monorail hotels will have a bus to Epcot if the monorail is down.

Bus- not sure if they'll run directly from MK or TTC

That's what I was wondering. If I needed to walk to Contemporary, Boat to TTC, or there would be a dedicated bus AT MK. Or maybe taking the Bus to Beach club would be best.

Can any of the GF or Poly boats handle scooters?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter