Arriving May 30...what to expect?

disneydawn

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
Haven't been to Disneyland in 20 years. We are visiting family in Ca so of course we have to check out the 50th celebration! I know this is a holiday so I don't know what to expect in the way of crowds,etc. Our first day is May 31 in the parks and we are going to do 3 day hoppers. Will the crowd be bad or will it thin out after the 1st day? Anyone have experience at this time? We are staying at the HoJo so I think we got a good deal. Any input is greatly appreciated. It is my DH, DS, 2 DD, and I. Kids are 11,9,and 7. Thanks!

Since your first day is a Tuesday, it shouldn't be too bad, actually. If you were coming in the day before, that being Memorial Day, it would but nuts.

HELP!! If we want to see Disneyland while we will be in California, we have to go on Memorial Day and the day after. We are planning on getting 2 day PHs and starting in DCA on Monday EARLY. We are hoping that it will be less crowded than DL-- will it?

How big of crowds are we talking here? Will the DL crowd possibly thin out a little by evening? We were hoping to get to DL around 5pm that night since it is open until 10pm and then go there all day Tuesday.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!! :flower:

If you can, I recommend starting your first day at DL also (if they open at 8--don't know the hours for that day). You'd be amazed at how much you can get done in a hour or so, then at 9:30 head over to DCA--the gates will be open and so will Soarin' Over CA--ride that early as it gets the longest line and the FPs go the quickest for that.

Thanks so much for the suggestion!!

Anyone else know if DL will be packed all the way until close on Memorial Day or if crowds may lessen in the evening?

Considering the next day is a school/work day, the parks should start emptying out around 5-6pm.

disneydawn said:
Haven't been to Disneyland in 20 years. We are visiting family in Ca so of course we have to check out the 50th celebration! I know this is a holiday so I don't know what to expect in the way of crowds,etc. Our first day is May 31 in the parks and we are going to do 3 day hoppers. Will the crowd be bad or will it thin out after the 1st day? Anyone have experience at this time? We are staying at the HoJo so I think we got a good deal. Any input is greatly appreciated. It is my DH, DS, 2 DD, and I. Kids are 11,9,and 7. Thanks!

Well, there's a big boatload of Disney cruisers arriving on May 28th...I'm sure that none of them will have sailed 14 days from Port Canaveral just to miss going to Disneyland, which will add to the crowd...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter