Arriving Early

simonkodousek

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I'm going to the Poly this summer, and I am wondering what to do if you arrive early. Our plane leaves Milwaukee at 7:30 AM and arrives in Orlando at 11:30 AM. I know that Magical Express will be running, but what do I do to check in? Do I leave the luggage at the front counter, or do I call ahead and tell them that I'll be checking in early?

Thanks,
Simon :wizard:

Check in. You never know, your room might actualy be ready. If it's not, you leave your bags with Bell services, go get some lunch, go to a park for a few hours and then go back later when your room is ready. Bell services will bring your luggage up for you.

You can check in...there may or may not be a room available for you. If there is, great, just head to your room. If not, bell services will store your luggage and bring it to your room later. They will give you a number to call and get your room number/check on the status of your room a bit later.

Either way if you have booked a package they will give you your KTTW which will have your park admission/dining credits if you purchased them so you can start to enjoy the magic!!!

Our flights similar to yours (we get in at 10 though). I made reservations at Crystal Palace for a late lunch. I figured that would be a great way to introduce my niece to the parks. At AAA adding the extra day was only like $2 more, so I'm not worried about "wasting" a ticket. We will probably go swimming in the pool too.

If you are using ME for your luggage transfer, they will take care of that for you. It will arrive directly to your room several hours after you arrive.
We always arrive around noon and check in at the resort. Our room is seldom ready but we get our keys, admission passes (KTTW), Dining Credits etc. and head out to the parks. We leave our Carry Ons with Bell Services and they will deliver them to your room after you arrive. They give you a telephone number to call during the afternoon to see if your room is ready, When you call and it is ready they give you the actual room number. Your key is already programmed to unlock that rooms door so you do not have to go back to the Front Desk.
Have a great trip.

With an 11:30 landing in Oralndo, you probably won't get to your hotel much before 1:00, if then. Since check-in time is 3:00, you stand a pretty good chance of your room being available then. In the past, more often than not, I have arrived at the resort prior to check-in time and a room has been available. I've arrived as early as 7:30 and had my room available and just last week I got to YC at 10:30 and the room was available.

Im glad someone asked that question but I am wondering something here...Im coming from across the US (california) and will have a red eye flight which will get me in around 11 or noonish...Im gonna be really tired and seriously needing a shower before I even contemplate going to the parks...in situations like these what do you think the will do? anybody ever experience anything like this they want to share???

Both times we arived early our rooms were ready. POFQ we checked in at 8am and our room was ready, last summer at the WL we checked in around 10.30 and our room was ready and we were upgraded to a great view to boot.
If your comming in overnight tell them and they will probably try and accomodate you, you may not get the room you requested but that's the chance you will take.

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter