Arriving Early for Viva Italia

whayes

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving in Rome the day before our ABD adventure starts. We will be staying in the ABD hotel that night so we can be settled in for the start of the adventure. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for pre-ABD touring in Rome. Should we stay near the hotel? Should we risk seeing something that might be on the tour? Thanks!

I guess my advice depends on if you have kids, and how well you recover from jet lag. Regardless, I would not try to do too much that first day. The days in Rome are filled with walking, and if you are going in the summer, it will be hot and crowded. It is amazing how much energy it takes to maneuver through crowds on a walking tour. Disney was brilliant in planning the relaxing time in Tuscany after Rome, you will need and appreciate it.

If you don't have kids, and the Vatican is important to you, you may want to try and go there. On the tour you only see a smidgen of the art on the way to the Sistene chapel.

If you are there in July, as we were, the entire country is having clearance sales before the traditional month long August holiday that many Italians take. If shopping is a priority you could do that your first day.

I recommend getting a good guide book (Rick Steves or Frommers) and narrowing down your options that are most appealing.

You will have a wonderful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter