Arriving different days but staying in same room

sjreed

Mouseketeer
My mom booked a package through her travel agent for week long stay at POFQ including park hoppers. My dad is going to arrive a few days later to stay with her, but he does not want park tickets (he can't get around well, we will be down there for an event and he is arriving only for the event days and will not be doing any parks). My question is can he still use magical express and how do we make sure they know he is staying at a resort since he basically only booked airfare??

He must be a registered guest of a WDW Resort to use DME. She can add him to the room for the number of days he is actually staying after she checks in and receives all the entitlements to her package.

Then she can make a DME Reservation for him but he won't receive vouchers or luggage tags ahead of time so he will have to stop at the DME desk and check in. He has the option of giving DME his luggage claim checks for luggage delivery to the resort or collecting them himself at baggage claim and bringing them to the bus with him.

If there are more than 3 adults in the room there will be an extra adult charge per night for the 3rd adult, IIRC it is $15 at the moderate resorts.

If there are more than 3 adults in the room there will be an extra adult charge per night for the 3rd adult, IIRC it is $15 at the moderate resorts.

Actually, the charge is for more than 2 adults, but since you said the extra charge is for the third adult, I think you just mis-typed. ;)

Did this a couple years ago. DD & I flew down used ME. Then DH came a couple days later. I added him to reservation the day after I got there. He didn't need ME to the hotel but did use it to go back to MCO.

One word of caution - it took longer for me to add him because I used AAA to book the trip. Would have been much easier if I had booked thru WDW directly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter