Arriving Christmas Day at Bonnet Creek

molly2004

DIS Veteran
Hi, there folks! It didn't dawn on me until today that because we're flying out so early from Boston to Orlando that my kids won't have a Christmas morning. Talk about a bad mother! My kids are 8 and may starting to question Santa's existence. I want to keep that alive for them even though I've already screwed up royally with the flight booking. If I sent wrapped presents down to Bonnet Creek, could I get someone there to load them into the room? Maybe even set up a tree?

Help a bad mother?

Thanks!

I was trying to think of ideas for you. But you will need to check in before they give anyone the key to drop off presents. The best you can do is ship them to the resort and have them waiting for you.

I think shipping your gifts are the best idea, you could also ship a small tree. It's going to be expensive. I am sure the children will be so thrilled to be going to WDW, they may not notice and you will have xmas night.

Have a few ideas, but it depends on a few things.

1) What time is your flight out of Boston?
2) Logan, or Manchester?
3) How far is it to your airport?

We have declared Christmas Day to be a different day a couple of times and the kids didn't question it. I think Christmas Eve is Monday this year, so call Sunday night Christmas Eve and Monday morning Christmas.

I wouldn't bother with a lot of decorations since you're flying. We've taken a few along when we've driven down to be there over Christmas, but I've also purchased poinsettias and been happy with those as decoration. Maybe some window clings or something that won't really take any space.

Don't feel badly about the scheduling. Kids adapt to anything. Far better than adults in most cases. :grouphug:

Sheila

We'll be at Bonnet Creek Dec.23-27 before moving onsite. So we'll be spending Christmas there as well.:goodvibes

My 2 little ones still fully believe in Santa. And Santa is coming early this year on Dec. 21 :thumbsup2

We're taking a small tree with us and 5 gifts for each kid to open up on Dec. 25...but their big Christmas will be done on Dec. 21 20 gifts and the tree will take up more than enough room...no way can I haul down even more! :scared:

Hi, there folks! It didn't dawn on me until today that because we're flying out so early from Boston to Orlando that my kids won't have a Christmas morning. Talk about a bad mother! My kids are 8 and may starting to question Santa's existence. I want to keep that alive for them even though I've already screwed up royally with the flight booking. If I sent wrapped presents down to Bonnet Creek, could I get someone there to load them into the room? Maybe even set up a tree?

Help a bad mother?

Thanks!

I would ship the presents and tree to the resort. Upon check in explain to the front desk what is going on. Have them bring the presents and tree up to your room. Tell your kids the room is not ready. Enjoy the hotel. At some point go to your room and set up. Do not tell the kids where you are going, make an excuse like you have to make sure Santa has the right address because you are not home but are at the hotel. When you are done go back to your kids stay with them for about 15-20 min. Then take them with you to the front desk make it look like you are getting your room assighnment. Tell the clerk you need extra towels? Then go up to the room. Tell the kids not to be disappointed if Santa did not get the messg. on time you are sure that they will hav presents when they get home. If you are not sending all the present to the hotel leave a note from Santa (have someone else wrie it, handwriting) saying, he recieve the note whil he was in your house. He only bought the present he did not unpack from his sack. The rest of them will be at home.

I hope you undersood what I wrote. I had fun envisioning it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter