Arriving at resort for the first time - guard shack or barrier?

stal

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone,

Checking in to Pop on Thanksgiving evening! (Hoping someone saves me one of the Christmas mugs!)

We will have magic bands and driving in for the first night, can we go straight up to the barrier when we first arrive or do we have to wait in line at the guard shack?

Thanks!!

If you received the email/text or see your room number in the app, then you can go straight to the barrier gate because I have done so. Perhaps someone else has experience if your room hasn't been assigned yet . . .

We have always had to stop at the guard shack and show our id. They check a list and then will let you through the gate.

In order to use the barrier, you have to have a paper in your window with a bar code to allow the gate to raise.

Have fun!!

We arrived at POR yesterday. We had gotten the room ready text and were not sure what to do so figured to try going to the gate with the MB and it let us through.

For the mugs, I got the last one at lunch yesterday afternoon and noticed this morning when we went to breakfast that they had a huge display so not sure if they restocked for dinner or breakfast so don't give up hope if you do not see it. Good luck!

Whether we've gotten the room ready text or not, we've always been able to skip the guard shack and just scan our MBs at the gate.

We arrived at POR yesterday. We had gotten the room ready text and were not sure what to do so figured to try going to the gate with the MB and it let us through.

For the mugs, I got the last one at lunch yesterday afternoon and noticed this morning when we went to breakfast that they had a huge display so not sure if they restocked for dinner or breakfast so don't give up hope if you do not see it. Good luck!

When I was at POFQ in late September, they had the mugs each morning, but they were usually gone by evening. The time I went there for dinner there were no mugs left - I don't know if they restock only in the morning or not, but I'd plan on sending someone right at food court opening in the morning if there aren't any when you get there as it SEEMED like perhaps they were allotted a certain number per day. Most of the Halloween ones they put out were gone by the time I finished breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter