• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Arriving a day early... Where to stay and transfers?

msbinky

Earning My Ears
Hello all. I am doing the Land and Sea vacation and want to arrive one day early so that we get the most out of the first day at the parks. My question is, we purchased the cruise line transfers can we still use them the following morning if we arrive the day before? How does that work? I would like to just stay at a hotel close to the airport as we are not going to arrive until late so it won't be worth paying to stay at the poly. Any experience or suggestions?

Are you doing the Land part first and then wanting to stay near the airport the night before you start the cruise, or are you doing the cruise first and staying overnight as soon as you arrive?

If you're doing the cruise first, the Hyatt works with Disney transfer guests. They will put your bags on the bus and lead you to the bus in the morning. They Hyatt is quite expensive but it's hassle free.

We're flying in the night before our cruise also. We stayed at the Hyatt last time and it was very convenient and hassle free. This time we're staying at the Amerisuites East one mile outside the airport. Amerisuites has a shuttle that will pick you up from the airport and they will take you back in the morning to where the Disney busses leave. It's a bit of an extra hassle but Amerisuites in October is $69 per night (includes "Bountiful Breakfast") vs. Hyatt which is $164 per night and does not include any meals. I guess it depends how late you're arriving and your budget. If you're delayed at all you'll probably be glad you chose the Hyatt.
Disney Cruise Line 800-951-3532 may be able to suggest other hotels that work with their transfer system as well.

Good Luck and ENJOY!!

I planned it the same as you -- I wanted to BE at WDW on our first day, rather than in transit.

I booked a night at the Disney hotel where we will be staying with our package. That way, we won't have to move all of our stuff after just one night. Its pricier than an offsite hotel, but worth it in convenience.

We did not use Disney transfers though. I booked my own transfers.

Kris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter