Arrived Today At BWV And Got A Suprise

luvindisneyworld

<font color=green>Fireworks then a sundae - good s
We just booked a standard view Tuesday for tonight.. we checked in about 3:45 or so today and there was no line for check in. We were surprised when we got to our room and we have a great pool view ground level..not like getting a Boardwalk view but now I can say I have been upgraded.. we are here tonight and check into AKV tomorrow, Club level for 5 nights.. I have to say it is starting out perfect.
We saw La Nouba for the first time tonight and OMG it is unbelievable, if you have never been take it from me it is the best show ever.. it felt like everyone that is at Disney was Downtown tonight it was packed.
Please let me know if you have any questions..

Sounds like you are doing great so far! I will be there Dec 5. I noticed the weather is a bit cold tonight. Do you see it trending in that direction?

Just be sure to check your statement.

The one time I got upgraded at BWV (from standard to pool view) while staying on points, I was charged rack rate for the room.
It was a bit of a hassle to get it corrected, and even though I discovered it midway thru the stay, they wouldn't/couldn't fix it until checkout.

The same thing happened the only other time I got upgraded (at OKW: 1br to 2br), only that time I managed to catch it at checkin (the checkin person said something suspicious), and fixed it before it became a problem.

We didnt put a credit card on file so I know it wasn't charged.

Also about the weather it was chilly last night but coming from North Carolina we were ok. It's funny though we saw people bundled up like it was 20 below 0..
It's so nice today perfect weather..
Any other questions just ask..

If you are on points, check the member website to see if you were charged more points. If you are on cash, standard view is usually pool/garden.

Yes, I checked and no extra points taken. I have used all 2011 and 2012 points so they didn't take anything.. we have a big vacation for next year booked so I know we had used all of 2012.

Enjoy the Pixie Dust!! One year we were upgraded from standard view studio to a canal view 1 BR - they were doing construction - what a treat that was!:)
Have Fun!!:thumbsup2

Upgrades from standard to Pool/Garden (when paying with points) do happen occasionally. It's happened to us. No extra points were taken. Already done when we arrived.

FWIW, I wasn't particularly happy about it, so the upgrade was wasted on me, LOL. I prefer the standard views over pool views. But since the "upgraded" room was ready and since someone (not me) really needed to see a particular football game, we took it. Plus I felt bad for the CM. I think she was expecting a more excited response, lol. She did offer to "undo" it for us. Too late - DH cares very little about the room location and he stopped listening after he heard "ready now". :)

HOWEVER, anyone who does get an upgrade should check their accounts. Not all of the front desk personnel are properly trained on DVC. I had "holding account" points as a result of our upgrade. MS fixed it without any arguments when I called, but I didn't discover the issue until after the trip was over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter