Arrive MCO at 3:30, 6:40 ADR?

LaurenT

DIS Veteran
Ok, I think it'll work out, but figured I'd get opinions.
My flight gets into MCO at 3:30 (direct flight and weather 6 days out looks fine). I'm figuring get luggage and rent car and out of airport by 4:30. Over to offsite resort by 5 pm. They are very slow there, so let's say it takes an hour to get into our room - that'll be 6 pm and I'd still have 40 minutes with only a 15 minute drive....
Does it sound like I padded enough time onto everything? If we wind up getting things done very quickly, we can do the grocery run before dinner, or at least walk over to IG to process DDs AP....

Ok, I think it'll work out, but figured I'd get opinions.
My flight gets into MCO at 3:30 (direct flight and weather 6 days out looks fine). I'm figuring get luggage and rent car and out of airport by 4:30. Over to offsite resort by 5 pm. They are very slow there, so let's say it takes an hour to get into our room - that'll be 6 pm and I'd still have 40 minutes with only a 15 minute drive....
Does it sound like I padded enough time onto everything? If we wind up getting things done very quickly, we can do the grocery run before dinner, or at least walk over to IG to process DDs AP....

I don't know that you are allowing enough driving time with it being close to rush hour. I don't know how bad those roads get but it's something to consider. It would also depend where the reservation is at. Will you need to park somewhere and transfer from there?

I don't know that you are allowing enough driving time with it being close to rush hour. I don't know how bad those roads get but it's something to consider. It would also depend where the reservation is at. Will you need to park somewhere and transfer from there?

ADR is for Cape May, so we'll just park at BC. It's a Saturday, so I imagine it wouldn't be a bad rush hour. I've driven the opposite way during the morning commute without a problem.

ADR is for Cape May, so we'll just park at BC. It's a Saturday, so I imagine it wouldn't be a bad rush hour. I've driven the opposite way during the morning commute without a problem.

I guess worse case scenario if something causes you to be running late you could just go to your ADR and then check into your hotel after.

You should be fine as long as the weather cooperates. As the PP mentionned, worse comes, you can go to your ADR and then check in.

It's probably doable, but it's too close for comfort for me, especially since Cape May has a cc guarantee. I would be concerned about flight delays, delays getting your luggage or rental car at the airport, etc. But, as the pp said, worse case senario is you have to head to the BC from the airport and check in at your resort after dinner. Good luck and have a great trip.

Just an update to say everything worked out perfectly yesterday!
Flight arrived on time, bags showed up quickly, walked right to a rental on the emerald aisle. No traffic to resort. Got checked in way quicker than usual for the place I'm staying (off site time share). Ran out to Target and stocked up on groceries for the week. Walked into the beach club at 6:25 for our 6:40 ADR!
Nice dinner, went over to IG GS and processed the AP, one loop around the boardwalk and then back to resort to unpack and get some sleep.
Whew!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter