Arrival time for 8am EMH at DHS?

iujen94

DIS Veteran
Any suggestions as to what time to arrive for an 8am EMH at DHS? I don’t need to be very first, but I do want to be at the front of the pack. My goal is to ride SDD, TSM and RNR, and make it over to Epcot to make my Soarin FP for 9:35-10:35. (While I’m at it, does anyone know if the boat between DHS and Epcot runs that early in the morning?). Thanks!!

Any suggestions as to what time to arrive for an 8am EMH at DHS? I don’t need to be very first, but I do want to be at the front of the pack. My goal is to ride SDD, TSM and RNR, and make it over to Epcot to make my Soarin FP for 9:35-10:35. (While I’m at it, does anyone know if the boat between DHS and Epcot runs that early in the morning?). Thanks!!

I'd be at HS no later than 7:00 a.m. You're going to have to hustle to get those done and get to EP. The boats will be running, but remember it takes about 20 min for that trip. If you see the boat pulling away as you're walking out, I'd probably do the walk over to EP over waiting for the next one. You've also got to get from the IG to the front of the park for Soarin'.

We were there Columbus Day weekend. We got to DHS between 7:30-7:40. They were already letting people in the park. We made it through the park and back to toy story land by around 7:45/7:50. By that time the slinky dog wait was estimated to be 60 min (the line was stretching out of the que and starting to go out of toy story land that point). So we skipped slinky and rode the saucers twice, toy story mania, and got a couple photopass pics. By that time (around 8:30ish) the entire land was crazy. 60 min for saucers/toy story mania and 120 for slinky so we left to head to other areas of the park.

We were there Oct. 28- Sunday. We arrived at 7:05 and were very close to front of line. They let us through turnstiles at 7:30, then held us at the end of Hollywood Blvd. until 7:50. They then opened up whole park. Of course everyone in heading to SDD. We were finished with SDD and Alien Saucers about 8:30. As far as walking to Epcot, the regular path is rerouted, I have heard there is a long walk out of the way.

We were there Columbus Day weekend. We got to DHS between 7:30-7:40. They were already letting people in the park. We made it through the park and back to toy story land by around 7:45/7:50. By that time the slinky dog wait was estimated to be 60 min (the line was stretching out of the que and starting to go out of toy story land that point). So we skipped slinky and rode the saucers twice, toy story mania, and got a couple photopass pics. By that time (around 8:30ish) the entire land was crazy. 60 min for saucers/toy story mania and 120 for slinky so we left to head to other areas of the park.

I was considering redoing my whole plan in 3 weeks to allow for EMH- thank you this really helps make me feel better about not doing it! If it's that busy on an EMH morning I'll just rope drop AS2 on our regular day and use my fastpasses for SDD

FYI, I arrived for 8am EMH today at 7:05. Security lines weren’t open yet, and there were maybe 50 people here.

7:18 and security not open yet. Each security line about 40 people deep.

7:25 and security still not open. It’s a sea of humanity behind me. Unless you are bagless, I’d definitely suggest arriving by 7:15.

FYI, I arrived for 8am EMH today at 7:05. Security lines weren’t open yet, and there were maybe 50 people here.

7:25 and security still not open. It’s a sea of humanity behind me. Unless you are bagless, I’d definitely suggest arriving by 7:15.
Thanks for the update. When we were there Columbus Day they staggered the security lines opening. The ones straight ahead were open when we got there but as you said it was a sea of humanity lol. After being in a crazy line a couple min they started to open all the security tables off to the right. The problem was with the “sea of humanity” you couldn’t get over to them with a stroller so I took both our bags and sent my husband and son with the stroller through the no bags line just to our left. Then I was able to weave my way through and get to a line near the very front (still off to the right side) with only 2 or 3 people ahead of me.

We were there Oct. 28- Sunday. We arrived at 7:05 and were very close to front of line. They let us through turnstiles at 7:30, then held us at the end of Hollywood Blvd. until 7:50. They then opened up whole park. Of course everyone in heading to SDD. We were finished with SDD and Alien Saucers about 8:30. As far as walking to Epcot, the regular path is rerouted, I have heard there is a long walk out of the way.

I thought I heard the detour added a few minutes...? Something like you had to walk down about 15 rows of parking lot, straight across (no change in distance there) and then back down the 15 rows of parking.... Has it changed again recently?

I thought I heard the detour added a few minutes...? Something like you had to walk down about 15 rows of parking lot, straight across (no change in distance there) and then back down the 15 rows of parking....
Has it changed again recently?

No.

It makes me so nervous when the crowds are growing behind you and they haven't opened up security yet. This happened to us at Epcot AM EMH earlier this year.

Once you got in the park how did it go?

It makes me so nervous when the crowds are growing behind you and they haven't opened up security yet. This happened to us at Epcot AM EMH earlier this year.

Once you got in the park how did it go?

Pretty smoothly. Everyone headed to SDD, except for literally two people who went to AS2 - ha! I was able to ride SDD, TSM and TOT (RNR was down). Stopped by guest relations to upgrade to an AP and STILL left the park by 8:45.

I was really glad I got there when I did. When I got off SDD, the line was insane and it wasn’t even 8:00 yet.

We were also there for EMH over Columbus Day weekend. I couldn't believe how quickly the SDD line built up! We also decided to skip SDD entirely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter