Arrival Night - do you plan ADR's?

melidy

Mouseketeer
Do you plan ADR's for arrival night? Part of me is a little worried about flight delays etc. another part of me thinks I've never had any delay up until now so the chances are I'd be fine? I think after a 3 hour drive followed by 9 hour flight, a sit down meal might be welcomed...

I was thinking maybe Ohana (if I can get it) and a visit to Trader Sam's would be a fun, laidback way to start our holiday... Or failing that somewhere at DTD - Any recommendations for 6 adults (except Raglan Road)?

I'd give yourself three hours from plane arrival time if you do that. Just in case. You can always try a walk up.

We always want a nice meal on arrival day. I try to arrive before lunch time and plan an early dinner ADR. Out last flight landed at 9:45 am and we had a dinner reservation at 5:00 pm. Just allow plenty of time in case there is a delay.

Our plane arrives at half three and I was thinking a 7:30-8:30 ADR would give us plenty of time, even if there was a slight delay... Plus dining at that time would force us to stay awake slightly later and hopefully reduce the jet lag the next few days.

I would try a walk up at DTD but I very much doubt I'd get a walk up at 'Ohana... and really that is my #1 choice right now. Nowhere is jumping out for me at DTD at the moment... and the only place that seems to be recommended consistently is Raglan Road (and we aren't really wanting to go there again).

We are eating at BOG on our arrival night this trip. I think we will be ready to get to MK after a long day of traveling, but we won't want to go full steam ahead. Our plan is BOG, a few rides, and Wishes.

We do. The only time we haven't is when we landed at 8pm. We just ate at the resort. If we land before 5pm then we will book an adr. That's our cutoff time.

It is virtually impossible for us to arrive before 3:30pm or so...it makes me nervous to make a Disney ADR. My compromise is to make a reservation for Raglan (via Open Table) or T-Rex (calling them directly). Neither will charge a fee if we are a no show. in late 2013, we were able to do a walk up at B&C our first night, it was right around the time they started taking ADRs but it wasn't well known yet.

We usually plan an ADR on arrival. After a few times, I've found if we are taking MDE, I like a minimum of 3 1/2 hours from our plane landing before the actual ADR time. This is also assuming the ADR is at our resort (or easily accessed from our resort).

We fly in and are usually at the hotel by 2 pm the latest. We usually plan ADR for the first night but make it a little later so we're not rushed the minute we get to the hotel. Like to unwind for a bit.

I'm glad we didn't have an ADR last trip--we were supposed to arrive at MCO in the early afternoon after a short layover in Houston. after a long delay, we finally made it in time to see wishes from the DME. we weren't in our room until almost 11. the point is something like a layover can introduce another point of potential delay--if there's one in your flight schedule I'd be extra generous with timing.

While I wouldn't gamble by planning anything too close to arrival time, if you've got a morning or even very early afternoon arrival...I think dinner is fairly safe. I usually aim for something after 7pm on arrival day. I did have 1 trip where none of this worked out...car accident and then bad weather delayed us by about 10 hours...but obviously, this is not the norm and Disney was very understanding.

Planning to do Garden Grill on our arrival night. We have a nonstop flight that is supposed to land at MCO at 12:05. I figure we should be at VWL around 2-2:30 and get to EPCOT around 4:00. Currently I have a 7:00 booked for GG, but would like to get one a bit earlier between 6-6:30. Just so we can be finished a little earlier and get back to the resort. We want to go back and unpack (hopefully our luggage will be waiting for us in our room) and relax a bit. We have an 8:15 Tusker House breakfast scheduled the next morning so don't want to be out late.

We are planning an ADR at our hotel for our arrival night. Arrive at hotel around 2 with a 6:40pm ADR at GF Cafe. It's gonna be nice to enjoy the hotel before hitting the parks the next day.
We too have an Ohana's ADR the next day! Airplane food stinks so keep yourself hungry because Ohana's is a lot of food.

I plan nothing non-refundable on arrival day. Last trip, planned arrival 10:30 am. Actual arrival 3:30 pm. Not worth the stress to me, ymmv

on any arrival day I would not have a ressie that would cost a no show fee. too many thins can affect you arrival that you can not control. yes even hours late. weather and not at you area could affect plane getting to your airport even if you have a nonstop flight so you are already a few hours late and you have not left your airport. here comes the $10.00 per person no show as it is past the cancel time can you afford that charge

We fly from the west coast and like going during the holidays, yet I usually make arrival day dinner ADRs. Since the flights usually arrive between 4-6 pm, I make late dinner ADRs (8 pm Orlando time is 5 pm to us when we arrive.)
We do fly non stop to avoid weather related layover chaos plus anytime you have a layover you have more exposure to potential delays.
I also keep a close watch on weather and travel delays ahead of our flights, so if it looks like there will be problems with our flights I can cancel the ADR the day before.

I do. WE always get the first nonstop flight out and arrive at thr resort befoe noon so dinner is a good plan for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter