Arrival Day

Hiya.

I posted a similar question a while back now.

Hopefully I have attached a shortcut to the post ;)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1781092

Not last year but the year before we got seriously lost, but I mean seriously lost and having left the airport at 3.15 we finally arrived at FWC at
7.30pm :scared1: God knows how we did it, its not like it was our first time. We had a TS restaurant booked but ended up with a takeout Pizza.

Last year, with Sat Nav at hand we was all checked in, showered and changed and on the way to DTD for 5pm. We decided against booking a TS booking this time round and simply got a sandwich from Earl of Sandwich:lovestruc, one of the best CS meals imo, never mind if your on the DDP.

For our next trip I will be doing the same, probably either the Earl again or Wolfgang Pucks CS. Its quick service and you feel like your lagging you can up and leave instantly.

Thats what I said to the family that alot of people are up really early so we have booked crystal palace for breakfast.

Think the only "downside" to saratoga is does not look like much on site at CS - where as POP etc there is quite a big menu.

Agreed. SSR is a fantastic resort we love it and are going back there again this year, hopefully ;) But for such a large resort the CS options are shocking and to be honest imo not that nice either.

The boat runs very frequently to DTD from the Boat Landings area and your at DTD in no time. Both DH and I said that a CS at SSR is a waste of a credit when considering the other options available just 10 minutes away.

Agreed. SSR is a fantastic resort we love it and are going back there again this year, hopefully ;) But for such a large resort the CS options are shocking and to be honest imo not that nice either.

The lack of CS options is because of the facilities in the rooms, i.e. either a full kitchen or a kitchenette. We're staying in a studio so we're going to buy some snacks we can make in the toaster/microwave, or keep in the fridge.

The boat runs very frequently to DTD from the Boat Landings area and your at DTD in no time. Both DH and I said that a CS at SSR is a waste of a credit when considering the other options available just 10 minutes away.

Well, exactly- there are quite a few options in DTD that are great for CS! :)

last year arrived at mco at 3.15, arrived at pors about 5.30 and had ts at 6.30. ds vomited everywhere, prob too tired, so this year we are doing CS, lol!!
tracy

Our flight doesn't get in till 9.30pm!!! Nightmare. Anyway - if I can get a run to Wallmart I will be pleased - hate to have to go there first morning.

We usually hit Golden Corral if we are off site though. I would be flexible!

I'd go to Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD if I were you.

That is how we plan it. It definitely depends what time your flight comes in.
Give yourself around 2 hours from landing to getting to your room once you have cleared through the airport, done check in etc. We then wonder around the resort to get our orientation a bit and also go to the food court for our refillable mugs. Even if we don't use them on check in day (we always have though) we don't want to be fiddling about at breakfast. I always rinse them out, dry them and put them in my backpack and we head to DTD. I agree with Disney Princess's choices of CS there - our faves too. We usually have a light meal to share - salad or something - then end up at Goofy's for a treat later before going back to the resort.

YOu can easily kill several hours there without realising it. When we get back to our resort we fill our mugs at the foodcourt and take them to our rooms. Bath time. Bed time.

To me it is a waste to use a park ticket for the first night unless there are very extended hours and you can use EMH - but first day? Too tired!

Our arrival rituals-

Get to hotel and check in
Unpack and change into shorts and t-shirts
Have a row
Eat at hotel
TV and bed

We arrived at 3.15pm and by the time we cleared immigration, got the car etc just did a quick shop and pizza for supper.
I think we managed to last until 8.00pm and then all flopped to bed.

last year arrived at mco at 3.15, arrived at pors about 5.30 and had ts at 6.30. ds vomited everywhere, prob too tired, so this year we are doing CS, lol!!
tracy

I would too! Vomiting TS is more expensive that tossing a CS credit! :rotfl2:

Strange, now that I think of it, I am never really hungry on arrival day. Maybe it does have something to do with the tiredness, change of altitude and climate.

We are staying off site this year but last time we landed at Sandford it took us ages to get through customs, car etc. We didn't even have time to eat, we just got to the villa and collapsed and woke up really really early and got a full day at MK.

Hope you have a good trip, we can't wait for our trip :yay:

On our last trip we didn't get to AKL until about 8pm, so we unpacked and then I grabbed us some food form the Mara.

Jack had a really bad headache so we went to sleep about 10pm - needless to say I was awake at 4.30am!

Next trip we'll be arriving early afternoon, so I think maybe we'll go to AK (we'll be at AKL again for the start of our trip so I figure the short journey will be welcome) and just get a CS there.

Also AK is a nice park to be tired in as you can avoid the crowds and just walk the trails etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter