Arrival Day Question for 'EPCOT Resort' Veterans

Bill From PA

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That
We should be at the check-in desk at Dolphin before 1 pm the first day and we don't want to burn a day off our Hopper passes, but we will hit PI that night. What would you do with the afternoon and early evening hours in the Dolphin/BW/Y&BC area?

Bill From PA

I'd play mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens (right across the street from the Swan) and/or if the weather was nice, I'd spend some time relaxing in the pool. I'd have dinner at one of the many restaurants in the area before heading off to PI. If you are a DC member, there is a 20% discount in all of the Swan/Dolphin restaurants except Shulas. The discount is good through 9/30/2002 and then again from 11/1/2002 through 12/23/2002.

You could also rent a surrey bike and take a ride around the lake, browse the shops on the Boardwalk and check out the other hotels - BC, YC, BWI, BWV & the Swan.

Enjoy your trip!

Here is a second for the mini-golf and Surrey bike ride!!!!

One other thought - Water Mice at YC & BC..............

There's abundant shopping in and around the Boardwalk, the Yacht/Beach Club and the Dolphin.

Good eating there, too! :p

Ditto Downtown Disney.

Mini-golf is a great idea. And swimming -- the pool at the Dolphin is reputed to be one of the best in The World!

If I had my 'druthers,' I'd hang out at the hotel for a couple hours, splashing and exploring and napping, and grab an early dinner and do a little shopping around DD before hitting PI...which can end up being a pretty late night!

OK, I know I am odd, but this is what my DW and I do (sort of a Disney tradition). We check-in, unpack fast, then head out on I-4 west toward the Haines City exit. We go to the Orange Ring. It used to be a huge orange grove many years ago. The processing plant and store are still there. It has the best fresh OJ anywhere. We buy enough to last the week and then head back to the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter