• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Arrival Day Plans-please help!

Are you guys doing online check in? If you're able to bypass checking in in person, you might be able to do it, although it does take a while to get from Epcot to HDDR, especially if you're planning on using the bus system. And are you using the Magical Express from the airport?
I can't guarantee that it happens every single time that you use online check in, but on our last two visits we were able to completely by-pass checking in at the resort. We received a text message with our room number, and we just went straight there when we got to the resort. We used the magic bands that we had received about a week and a half prior to arrival, and it was easy and a super time-saver.
OP will you have carry ons? What will you do with those if you try to go straight to Epcot prior to the HDDR?
ME will only take you to your hotel
- not another hotel nor a park. So you have to go there first. The rule of thumb is about 90 minutes from deplaning - not landing - to reach your resort. Could be more, could be less. Then you could drop your carryons with Bell Services and head to Epcot. Which could take awhile.
Don't think anyone has suggested going straight to Epcot from MCO, or did I miss something?
It does save time to go from MCO to Resort to Park if you don't have to check in too, even if you drop bags off. Still dropping a step and considering a crowd can arrive via ME it can be a lengthy step at that

Don't think anyone has suggested going straight to Epcot from MCO, or did I miss something?
It does save time to go from MCO to Resort to Park if you don't have to check in too, even if you drop bags off. Still dropping a step and considering a crowd can arrive via ME it can be a lengthy step at that

I misread the post prior to mine.
Thanks for pointing that out

Thanks so much everyone. You guys are awesome! There is availability for HDDR on our full Epcot day. We didn't plan to watch Illuminations so we could do Epcot on arrival day and then again for a full day, then leave for HDDR. What do you think? If we do this, do you recommend monorail to Mk then boat to HDDR? What time would we need to leave to park to go to the 6:15 HDDR?

I haven't made this journey from Epcot but I can say that in early December we had a 6:15 ADR for HDDR and left the Poly by monorail at 4:45. The line for the boat to Ft Wilderness was long at MK so we didn't get on a boat until 5:30. We got to Ft Wilderness by 5:50, with plenty of time to check in for HDDR and walk around the area (stables, playground, etc). The limiting factors are potential delays on the monorail and crowds for the boat. Because I don't like to feel rushed, in your scenario I'd leave Epcot by 4:00.

I agree with others that it would only be possible if everything worked out perfectly (unlikely) and you are willing to run. Seems like the stress of that would cause you to not enjoy dinner and just add a lot of stress to your vacation.

I would personally target another day if possible.

Thanks so much everyone. You guys are awesome! There is availability for HDDR on our full Epcot day. We didn't plan to watch Illuminations so we could do Epcot on arrival day and then again for a full day, then leave for HDDR. What do you think? If we do this, do you recommend monorail to Mk then boat to HDDR? What time would we need to leave to park to go to the 6:15 HDDR?

I know you did not ask, but I just want to suggest that you try not to jam pack all the "must do" experiences in one trip. No matter what you do decide to do, travel to and from takes time, and rushing is stressful. It's impossible to get it all done, and when you try you end up missing so much.

Normally I don't say much about this, but I wonder if you realize how large WDW is and how much time is lost in transit.

I agree. I'm not going to try to do it. It will be more enjoyable not to rush but rather enjoy what we are doing without stressing about getting to the next thing. Thank you everyone for your advice. Much appreciated!

I agree. I'm not going to try to do it. It will be more enjoyable not to rush but rather enjoy what we are doing without stressing about getting to the next thing. Thank you everyone for your advice. Much appreciated!

Im glad! I was concerned that you were going to try to get it all in, and in doing so would miss so much of what makes Disney special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter