• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Arrival day dinner suggestions

lilmissdisney216

<font color=royalblue>Pawsitively Lovin a Labrador
Hi friends!

We arrive in WDW on June 22nd and I am trying to figure out what to do for our first night's dinner. We are driving down from MI and are on the dining plan. We are staying at POP but we will be paying OP for our first night's meal. I booked an ADR for Whispering Canyon at 7 for our first night but am not too sure if we want to do TS meal our first night there while we get unpacked and unwind from our 18 hour drive down. Some options we had are:

-Earl of Sandwhich at DTD (either eat there or take back to room)

-Off site restaurant

-grab a bite to eat at the POP food court while we get our refillable mugs.

-Order pizza delivery

-Eat from the cooler of stuff we brought down with us.

Trying to decide what we would want to do. Any input from my fellow Disboarders would be awesome! Thanks!!!

We stay at Pop too. Our first night tradition is to walk across the generations bridge and dine at the Art of Animation food court. The short walk is a nice way to stretch our legs after a day of travel and we really enjoy the options (especially 'create your own pasta bar') that are available there.

personally after a long drive, I'd just want to relax. pick up a meal at the resort, and relax for the rest of the night, maybe hit downtown disney late at night and walk around a bit! perfect night. simple. but perfect.

We also enjoy Landscape of Flavors at Art of Animation and go out of our way to eat there even when staying at other Disney resorts. As pp mentioned, the walk is lovely. I love the build-your-own-burger. The large cheese pizza is decent and a great option when paying oop for $13.99. Keep it simple and have a great trip!

I'm guessing that we may be going with going over to Art of Animation for dinner or heading to DTD for earl of sandwich. It'll be nice to stretch our legs and just head to get food on our own schedule and be able to head back to the hotel when we need to. I think Disney would appreciate being able to walk around as well.

We stay close to "home" on arrival night. I like the idea of strolling across the bridge for dinner. It is a nce walk, and you get to choose when you want to eat. There is something so inviting about relaxing, exploring the resort and thehaving a bite to eat after all the led up to vacation.

If you do go to DTD, Wolfgang Puck Express would be my suggestion if you don't want QS! It is a excellent place for quick service... better food and quality and it gets served to you after you order.

I'm guessing that we may be going with going over to Art of Animation for dinner or heading to DTD for earl of sandwich. It'll be nice to stretch our legs and just head to get food on our own schedule and be able to head back to the hotel when we need to. I think Disney would appreciate being able to walk around as well.

I would not plan a sit down meal. There could be delays driving. I also agree that your Disney would enjoy being able to walk after a long drive. I would plan on AoA FC and if you are feeling up to it do Downtown Disney or do a search for a sit down meal.

I would not plan a sit down meal. There could be delays driving. I also agree that your Disney would enjoy being able to walk after a long drive. I would plan on AoA FC and if you are feeling up to it do Downtown Disney or do a search for a sit down meal.

I gave it some thought last night and I am going to cancel our whispering canyon ressie for the arrival night. Its going to be more relaxing to just know we can take our time and not have to worry about making an ADR.

I think Art of Animation is a GREAT choice. After that long drive, you will probably want to stretch your legs and walk over there(if possible). They have a lot of choices. I think immersing yourself in the Disney cuisine on the first night jump starts the vacation!

I'd eat in the food court and hang out at the resort. Or as mentioned, walking over to AoA would give you the feel of "going somewhere" but it's not too far away.

I would definitely walk to AOA even if you're a little tired. Its a beautiful resort to explore and their food court is top notch!

I would order pizza after that kind of drive.

I don't know if it was a fluke or what but we ordered Pop pizza delivery one night and it was one of the best pizzas ever. Every time, and I do mean every time, we order a pizza DH compares it to that pizza that we had one rainy night during a tropical storm at Pop Century. No pizza (in DH's mind) has compared to that pizza.

Last year we ate in our resort food court area when we arrived (POR). It wasn't crowded and we enjoyed it. The two older kids shared a pizza and the rest of us got other stuff.

That's our plan for this year too.

Happy travels!

Great ideas everyone! I think it'd be fun to head over to AOA and see the different buildings and the atmosphere. I think Disney would love seeing all the larger than life buildings and icons too. She's a pretty curious and fun loving little goldie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter