Arrival after the time ABD says to arrive

TDC Nala

1937, what a year that was
I found a good price on a flight to Beijing. With the sequestration coming it might make a huge difference how much I have to spend on flights as to whether I even keep this trip.

However, it arrives at 6:20 PM and the website says to arrive no later than 3 PM.

What happens if you show up later? Do you just need to take a taxi to the hotel or is there some other penalty?

Just scanning the flights I can't find any that arrive prior to 4:30 PM. Flying in the day before would mean paying for the hotel AND paying nearly twice as much for the flight.

I think they are saying that for your benefit so that you don't miss anything, and have a chance to check into your Hotel & get settled before the Welcome Reception. I'm 99.9% sure they'd still pick you up at the airport & take you to the Hotel, but I'd confirm that with ABD if I were you.

You would likely miss at least some of the Welcome Reception (this is what the website says about that activity)

Welcome Reception
Meet the other families that are sharing the adventure. You will begin with a traditional long-spout, tea-pouring ceremony, followed by a dinner of Asian fusion dishes. After dinner, you may choose to dress up in Chinese Imperial costumes and have your photograph taken
I don't think you'd be penalized per se, but I think it would be sad to miss the start of the trip, and the introductions, etc.

You're also going to probably be *really* jetlagged the first full day of the Adventure. But I guess it's better than not going at all!

Sayhello

You would definitely miss the first night dinner and there are some nice activities at that dinner. I know it is a lot of money, but coming in the day before is really worth it. We hired a guide and went to several sights that you don't go to with Disney.
Look for flights on airline that you wouldn't normally look at too. We flew direct on Continental from Newark. I know China Air is much less expensive, but a family who flew with them were not thrilled (they paid 1/2 what we paid). Consider driving to an airport a few hours away too. Sometimes you can save a lot that way.

There is no way I'm paying an extra grand just to make the first night dinner.

I won't be driving to airports, I have three in the vicinity I can use public transportation for.

TDC Nala, I heard from someone at ABD, and they asked if I could tell you that ABD will still pick you up and make sure that your dinner is included at the hotel (in lieu of the Welcome Dinner).

So you should be good to go! :thumbsup2 Be sure you contact ABD and let them know that you'll be arriving late, so that they can note all this on your reservation & let your Adventure Guides know

(Honestly, ABD and the Adventure Guides are wonderful about stuff like this. When I did the Alaska ABD, my flight was delayed several hours, and when I contacted them to let them know, they told me they already knew, and were monitoring the flight! They were there to meet me at 2am when my plane landed, and helped me get my luggage and check into the hotel. Luckily, I'd been able to arrive the day before (or at least that was the plan!) so I slept in and had some time to see Fairbanks before the ABD started.)

Sayhello

TDC Nala, I heard from someone at ABD, and they asked if I could tell you that ABD will still pick you up and make sure that your dinner is included at the hotel (in lieu of the Welcome Dinner).

So you should be good to go! :thumbsup2 Be sure you contact ABD and let them know that you'll be arriving late, so that they can note all this on your reservation & let your Adventure Guides know

(Honestly, ABD and the Adventure Guides are wonderful about stuff like this. When I did the Alaska ABD, my flight was delayed several hours, and when I contacted them to let them know, they told me they already knew, and were monitoring the flight! They were there to meet me at 2am when my plane landed, and helped me get my luggage and check into the hotel. Luckily, I'd been able to arrive the day before (or at least that was the plan!) so I slept in and had some time to see Fairbanks before the ABD started.)

Sayhello

That makes it all worth it! It's just great how they go an extra mile to make it a worry-free adventure for anyone. :)

I found a good price on a flight to Beijing. With the sequestration coming it might make a huge difference how much I have to spend on flights as to whether I even keep this trip.

However, it arrives at 6:20 PM and the website says to arrive no later than 3 PM.

What happens if you show up later? Do you just need to take a taxi to the hotel or is there some other penalty?

Just scanning the flights I can't find any that arrive prior to 4:30 PM. Flying in the day before would mean paying for the hotel AND paying nearly twice as much for the flight.

I wouldn't worry about comming in late. On my Ireland trip one couple missed the flight to Ireland because of weather and came in the next day. When we left the Hotel for the days activities they weren't with us but when we got to guiness they were there. ABD not only got them to the airport but got them to the group the next day.

That makes it all worth it! It's just great how they go an extra mile to make it a worry-free adventure for anyone. :)
It's definitely one of the reasons I'm willing to pay more for ABD... :thumbsup2

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter