• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Around the 'World in THREE?! days... Completed 9/18

love the update! I have yet to go on BTTMR at night- I've been on Splash though, and that is tons of fun! I've never had corn dog nuggets either..I guess I have 2 new things for my to do list!

Loving your report, you are HILARIOUS!!! I also have found myself chuckling out loud at the pictures of you with your brother. You=HUGE grin. Brother=dead pan. :lmao:

I took this exact picture this past trip. And Joe had the same reaction as your brother.

As we waited for the next monorail to come in, I snapped this picture, and my brother promptly made fun of me...
DisneyAug09107.jpg

644165649_GWi3Y-M.jpg

love the update! I have yet to go on BTTMR at night- I've been on Splash though, and that is tons of fun! I've never had corn dog nuggets either..I guess I have 2 new things for my to do list!

Yes! You must add both. Big Thunder was awesome at night!

Your getting to your spot for parade watching early paid off--great video of Spectro!

Thanks!!!

Loving your report, you are HILARIOUS!!! I also have found myself chuckling out loud at the pictures of you with your brother. You=HUGE grin. Brother=dead pan. :lmao:

I took this exact picture this past trip. And Joe had the same reaction as your brother.

644165649_GWi3Y-M.jpg

:rotfl: Yes! I love it!

We slept in a little bit on the last day since we were out later the night before. We drove over to El Centro so I could give my bag over to RAC (which was awesome!) and then grab some breakfast at the Rix. We tried using some snack credits, but the only thing that counted was a biscuit :confused3 So we wound up paying OOP for breakfast then headed out to the Animal Kingdom! My Mom had taken the day off and was coming up to join us, it worked out great because right as we were arriving at the parking lot, she was 2 cars behind us!

DisneyAug09205.jpg

DisneyAug09206.jpg

We knew we wanted to do Everest and since we weren't there at opening, we figured our first stop was to grab some FPs. Well, thanks to the DIS, I had read about the centralized FP test :teacher: and we didn't have to walk all the way back to Everest!

We grabbed some FPs for later...
DisneyAug09207.jpg

...and then looked at the Lemurs. Can you spot them??

DisneyAug09208.jpg

DisneyAug09209.jpg

DisneyAug09210.jpg

Since we had the FPs secure and we still had some time to kill before the next Nemo show, our first stop of the day was Dinosaur. A nice gentle ride, no?

DisneyAug09211.jpg

DisneyAug09212.jpg

We walked right on. Funny story though...my Mom is accident prone. I mean that in the sense that she'll develop a bruise and none of us even asks any more how she did it. She travels a lot and she has a tendency to run her suitcase over her foot...I have no idea how she does it. So we're on our way into Dinosaur (or Countdown to Extinction as I still like to call it sometimes) and she's laughing and making fun of me for dancing with Remy still...next thing she bumps into the door and starts bleeding :sad2: She managed to cut her arm on the door! Nothing serious, but it's her, so blood is now everywhere. She grabs tissues from her bag, I grab band-aids (I travel with band-aids now because of her) and we go on our way. We had a few people pass us and wonder what was going on, but we never attracted a CM. I of course told her it was karma since she was making fun of me :rolleyes:

So after Dinosaur we headed over to see Nemo. I didn't take any pictures, I was enjoying the a/c. We wound up in the top section (by choice, we were about 30 mintues early, so we could have sat in the bottom) and in the middle. So my butt went numb, but I enjoyed the show as always.

Our FP return time was up, so we headed over to Everest next.

DisneyAug09213.jpg

DisneyAug09214.jpg

Right around noon we were walking past Yak & Yeti and there really wasn't a line, so we decided to stop in and have lunch. It was very tasty and we even managed to get a table with an umbrella! :woohoo:

I only have another half day before I'm done, so I'll stop here :sad1: But there's only another month until my next trip and I've been saving some planning stuff for my PTR when this is done! :yay:

Great pics.

I think maybe AK is hotter because there are more trees=less breeze. I donno it's just a theory.:confused3

Only 1/2 a day left??? AWWWWWWW

Great pics.

I think maybe AK is hotter because there are more trees=less breeze. I donno it's just a theory.:confused3

Only 1/2 a day left??? AWWWWWWW

AK felt so hot to me that day. It really got to me after lunch (coming soon!)

And I know! The major problem with my weekend trips is that they're too short. :sad2: But I do have another one in less than a month :yay:

Great updates! Looks like you had a fun night at the MK. It is fun riding the outdoor rides at night! It's a completely different perspective.

Oh no about your mom cutting her arm! Atleast it wasn't anything serious.

Can't believe it's almost over. :guilty:

You're so right!! Animal Kingdom always feels soooo much hotter than the other parks.:confused3

I loved the centralized FP machines when we were there!! It was so great not having to run all over the place to get fastpasses.:thumbsup2

Oh no.... your TR is almost over?:sad2:

Great updates! Looks like you had a fun night at the MK. It is fun riding the outdoor rides at night! It's a completely different perspective.

Oh no about your mom cutting her arm! Atleast it wasn't anything serious.

Can't believe it's almost over. :guilty:

Haha, honestly she does it all the time. My brother spent the time we spent fixing her just shaking his head and laughing. It's a daily occurrence with her really. Her and my Dad just came back from a cruise and one of the first things she said to me was, "You'd be so proud of me, I didn't even hurt myself until..." and I cut her off by laughing when she said "until." (It was at the airport on the way home, but still...)

You're so right!! Animal Kingdom always feels soooo much hotter than the other parks.:confused3

I loved the centralized FP machines when we were there!! It was so great not having to run all over the place to get fastpasses.:thumbsup2

Oh no.... your TR is almost over?:sad2:

I'm very sad :sad2: I've been putting off for the last couple days, but now I'm anxious to get on with my PTR! :laughing: So I guess I'll get it going :sad1:

After lunch my Mom decided that she "wanted to go see the gorillas." That? Was the last thing on my list...hot! I was melting, seriously. And downing water every 5 seconds. It wasn't an idea that sounded appealing to me, but I didn't really have a better idea, and I had never done it, so I went along with it.

DisneyAug09219.jpg

DisneyAug09220.jpg

I see you...
DisneyAug09221.jpg

There was a great CM here telling us all about this little guy. Unfortunately I don't remember I word he said...I know, I'm oober helpful...

I thought this rock was hysterical:
DisneyAug09222.jpg

The closest football team to me is the Buffalo Bills. I have an irrational dislike of the Bills. Probably because a nasty ex of mine was a rabid fan and I delight when they lose because it means he's miserable :rolleyes1 And they now have T.O. and his frickin fracken cereal is in my grocery store and I have to look at his face every time I go shopping and I just want to knock down the entire display :headache:

*Ahem* Anyway...
Oh look! a Gorilla!
DisneyAug09224.jpg

That's GO-rilla, not GA-rilla. There's a difference you know (gold star if you get the reference!)

Anatomy of a GOrilla...
DisneyAug09226.jpg

DisneyAug09228.jpg

And then I stopped taking pictures, found a seat near a fan and drank my water. About this time, I started getting cranky. And I realized why my boyfriend thought I was nuts for going in August. I hate the heat. What was I thinking?? Also, kind of glad I was going home to a normal climate. AND realized why I could never live in Florida and work at Disney :sad1: Hate the heat. But, on the plus side, our next stop was Camp Minnie Mickey (note: it's Minnie Mickey because Mickey's a gentleman.)

So we made the trek across the park and I kept my mouth shut (I was cranky, but didn't want to make everyone else cranky too!) We ducked into a store so I could bring my body temperature back to normal...it did wonders. What I really needed was a personal a/c unit.

My brother and my Mom popped a squat on a bench, right under a fan. I wanted to see some characters though, and we had some time before the next FOTLK, so I waited in line by myself. Btw: they did a good job at keeping the waiting areas pretty cool. I had a great family in front of me in line for Donald who somehow guessed that I had been a lot and asked me about Photopass. I don't know what gives me away :confused3

DisneyAug09230.jpg

Donald didn't like my Mickey shirt, but posed anyway. (Can you see my sleeves rolled up? I didn't even care what I looked like!)

And then Goofy:
DisneyAug09232.jpg

I rejoined my Mom & lil Bro. Seriously they had an awesome spot. If you need a rest, there's a covered bench area near the Character lines that has a fan that blows directly on it. It was about 15 degrees cooler there.

We then got in line for FOTLK...and they proceeded to jam in as many people as possible. We got a seat, but they had people standing for the show! I was surprised, I would have thought it would be a fire hazard!

The show ended and we decided to let people exit before we started making our way down. Good thing too, there was a bottle neck at the exit...it was pouring! Luckily, we had our handy-dandy ponchos with us, so we threw them on and continued. It was snack time! (We had 4 left at this point!) My brother decided he wanted a Mickey Ice Cream bar, but not in the rain. I wanted some snacks to take home, my mom was going to join my brother with his ice cream. Well, we walked up and took shelter from the rain. In typical Florida fashion, 15 minutes later, it stopped. But of course all the carts were closing for the parade! :rolleyes: I ducked into a store to buy snacks, but only one thing I wanted counted as a snack credit...okay...down to 3! The cart my Mom and brother went to wasn't taking credit, cash only....the adventure continues! They were told there was another cart on the way out. I doubted it as I had never seen one before, but we went with it. I wanted to stop and look at our photos anyway as we got one free with the Package we booked through Disney. We decided to give it to my Mom...

I stole this off the Photopass site, shhhh...
PP9.jpg

As I was finishing, my Mom and brother came in and informed me that nope...no ice cream... :rotfl2: It was just getting comical now. So we did a quick count backwards from the time my plane left and figured that if we left right now we could make it to Goofy's with time to still get me to the airport (using RAC, I didn't need to check a bag, just go through security. :woohoo:) So onto Goofy's it was! My brother decided to just meet my Mom at home, so we said our goodbyes and my Mom and I hopped in the car and raced over to get some treats!

DisneyAug09234.jpg

DisneyAug09233.jpg

Treats in hand, it was time to go home :sad1: See you real soon!

Oh, and also...a tip: the middle lanes of security at MCO used to be the Fly Clear lanes. They're no longer the Fly Clear lanes, they're now expert traveler lanes. There was 1 guy in front of me. All the other lanes had lines. I made it through security in a few minutes.

Okay, between your PTR, DR, and TR I've lost track, and was extremely behind on this one, sorry!:worship:

I love your style of writing, your honesty in every situation is extremely refreshing! I can't believe you did so much in 3 days!! I'm glad you enjoyed Yak N Yeti, and I will definitely be going there in November thanks to your review.:thumbsup2

Of course, the trips are way too short, huh? You will, however be back to the world in about 3 weeks, right? How long are you staying this time? Will you also have a link for your new PTR, or is this in the old one?

:rotfl: It'll be a long trip this time...four days! :banana:

PTR is the same, link

I have an exciting announcement for my next trip! :yay:

I hear ya on the heat. It was ok for a couple days but geez, there is no way I could handle living there during the summer. :scared1: As much as I complain about the snow here I think I'd rather deal with that than such humidity (and then the possibility of hurricanes!).

Those treats look so good.

Great report! I'll see you over on you PTR, then on your TR, then on my PTR, then on your...... ummmm you get the idea.:idea:

Ahh..your TR is over:sad2: I've enjoyed reading it!! You got a lot done in 3 days!!! Can't wait to read about your long trip.;):rotfl:

I hear ya on the heat. It was ok for a couple days but geez, there is no way I could handle living there during the summer. :scared1: As much as I complain about the snow here I think I'd rather deal with that than such humidity (and then the possibility of hurricanes!).

Those treats look so good.

They were very tasty! :goodvibes

You are just too funny :rotfl: It's been fun following you and I'm looking forward to hearing about your lo-o-ong trip ;)

It'll be so long...I don't know what I'll do with myself :confused3

Great report! I'll see you over on you PTR, then on your TR, then on my PTR, then on your...... ummmm you get the idea.:idea:

:rotfl:

Ahh..your TR is over:sad2: I've enjoyed reading it!! You got a lot done in 3 days!!! Can't wait to read about your long trip.;):rotfl:

It was very busy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter