Around the World in 7 Days. Day 6 - Disney Quest

E.Jane

Mouseketeer
The morning started with a big breakfast at the Whispering Canyon at WL. We all loved the look of this resort, although I can't imagine how crowded that one pool must get!

I'd read a lot of reports on the boards here about how much fun this restaurant is, so I was a little disappointed that there was no action this particular morning. Still, I liked the food - Chris and I had the bottomless skillet. Matt had the french toast, which he enjoyed. Unfortunately, Kevin was disappointed with his eggs - too runny. A little on the expensive side - $53 for breakfast, but it was a nice treat to start the day. As it turns out, this would be our most expensive day of the whole trip.

Disney Quest was not included in our hopper park passes, but I was able to save $20 with the coupon I'd got on the first evening. We immediately did the virtual coaster, and loved it. Two turns on that left us all feeling a little "queezy" so we went to the virtual river raft. None of us were impressed by that too much. I was sitting up front, and it was too close to the screen. Next we did Pirates of the Caribbean - we all loved this one. We did Alladins Magic Carpet and while good, I found the helmets far too heavy. I could barely lift my head up. Also, there aren't enough of them. This was the longest wait we had all week, and the place was virtually (no pun intended!) empty.

Needless to say, we spent countless hours playing all the video games. In hindsight, for the $25 each we paid, compared to the arcade, it was a heck of a deal! I think we pretty well did everything in that building, and by 5, I announced it was time to head over to Planet Hollywood for dinner. Again,this was a good meal, despite many bad reports I'd read. The total was comperable to the Rainforest - about $80. After dinner (groan) the kids wanted to go back to DQ. We spent another couple of hours there, and had dessert at the Cheesecake Factory.

Finally, at 9pm, we headed to the Adventurers Club. The kids weren't keen to go, but once the show was under way, they thoroughly enjoyed it. Chris got "picked" on - poor kid! We only stayed for the first show in the library - my eyes literally had little spinny balls in front of them from almost 11 hours in DQ!

Again, back in the room and in bed by 10:30. Tomorrow would be our last day, so we needed to be well rested to get all our favorite rides squeezed in!

Jane

Sounds like a great day.

hipgrl1.gif

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
<font color=green>
<font color=FF00CC>Co-Moderator Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies
http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

Hi ! I read your reports from the bottom up, not chronologicaly.....so I am posting on this one to let you know I enjoyed your reports !

mailboxhearts.gif

What lies behind us
and what lies before us
are tiny matters
compared to what lies within us -Emerson

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter