Around the World in 7 days! Day 3 - Epcot

E.Jane

Mouseketeer
Another early entry morning, so another alarm call at 6 a.m. This time I picked up breakfast and brought it back to the room as everyone else was showering. Kevin and I were excited about visiting Epcot - we missed nearly all of the WS last time because the kids weren't interested. This time, we planned on leaving them at the other end for a couple of hours. Alas, that wasn't going to happen!

We headed straight for Test Track, and were surprised to see a line formed by 7:50. We joined the line for 5 minutes, then they announced technical difficulties, so we grabbed fastpasses, and headed over to Spaceship Earth. Thankfully, it didn't break down this time! The last time I rode it, it got stuck right at the part where your car swings around and you're hanging backwards. We then headed back to Test Track and used our fastpasses. What a convoluted affair that entrance is! I'm sure it would have been quicker to jump in the stand-by line! Anyway, we loved this ride, and repeated it. Wouldn't you know it, it broke down half way through, and not just once, but about 3 times. I was afraid we'd get half-way around the outside part, stop, and then have someone else slam into us. Fortunately that didn't happen! We took in Honey I Shrank the Audience, the Ellen movie (can't recall the name!) and hit Innoventions. That was a big disappointment. Last time, there was a bunch of virtual reality stuff, but I guess that's all been moved to Disney Quest now. The boys weren't overly impressed with Innoventions, and so our plans for leaving them there for a while fell by the way side. We sat in the bakery, and had coffee and snacks, and decided to head back to the resort for a swim. All of us were feeling the effects on our legs from the previous day, and we really needed to rest! Turns out, we had the pool all to ourselves again for about 3 hours. It was hot and sunny, and I found myself wishing we were there for 2 weeks instead of only 1.

At about 5 pm, we headed over to the Boardwalk, so we could enter Epcot through the International Gateway. Kevin loved the valet parking, especially when it was free for other resort guests. I loved the Boardwalk, and was sorry I hadn't jumped at the opportunity to purchase some points for the same amount as CSR was costing me. Oh well - next time! We strolled into Epcot, and the boys immediately wanted to eat. I hadn't made any PS's, but we were seated immediately in the Rose and Crown. It was a beautiful evening, so we sat outside. We all had fish & chips - they were ok, not great. Total bill was $83, including tip and 2 beers. After supper, we stepped out onto the sidewalk, just in time to take in ToN. Talk about perfect timing!

We headed over to the Canadian pavillion and watched the movie. I was a little disappointed in it - it's quite dated. After that, we made our way to France, and again, the boys were hungry! We spotted a booth that sold ice cream, and as we stood in line, Kevin noticed a table right beside the water's edge. He grabbed it, and as luck would have it, we sat there for 45 minutes, eating, drinking, and eagerly awaiting Illuminations. I couldn't believe our luck! We had front seats to the show without even trying! Leaving Epcot was a breeze. We stopped on the boardwalk and watched some "buskers", then headed back to the resort. Our evening ended the same way each day - a refill of the mugs, and slowly unwinding before hitting the pillow. I think this is the only time my kids haven't argued about having to go to bed! My final thought before falling asleep was "oh no! we STILL haven't seen all of WS in Epcot!"

Jane

Hope you see the WS tomorrow. :)

hipgrl1.gif

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
<font color=green>
<font color=FF00CC>Co-Moderator Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies
http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

In 3 trips I still haven't seen all of the WS. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter