Around the world in 7 days!! Day 1

E.Jane

Mouseketeer
Our trip to WDW on Jan. 17-24 was our second visit. Our boys are a little older now, 12 and 14, and I have to say, I don't know how anyone does WDW with little kids!

Our flight was perfect - on time and no bumps! Unlike our previous visit, our luggage arrived at the same time we did. In fact, it was one of the first to appear on the carasel! We jumped on the Alamo bus, and again were totally shocked to discover when we walked through the doors that there was only one person ahead of us. I guess it was just a lucky break, because within 5 minutes, there was a long line behind us. Again, on the last trip, we were at the back of that line, and it took us almost 2 hours to get our car. Fortunately, this time, we were in and out in 10 minutes flat!

The weather was beautiful. Sunshine and hot! We had just arrived from minus 20 something, so 80 above felt heavenly! When we arrived at CSR, again, no line in front of us. I had called a few days earlier and requested a room in Cabana 9A along with a roll-away. The computer showed the roll-away, but no mention of Cabana 9A. Still, we got it no problem, but I can't help wondering what happened to my original request. I heard her type it in as I was speaking to her on the phone!

The room was pretty standard, nothing special, but the resort was beautiful. We strolled around for a while, then headed over to Pepper Market for an early supper (4:30'ish), as we were all starving. Plane food just doesn't do it! The selection there was ok, not great. We picked up the refillable mugs, which are a great deal. I think they paid for themselves within 24 hours! The kids took a swim, then we headed over to DD to stroll around. We noticed a DQ booth, and got a $5 coupon, which we readily accepted as we were planning a day there later in the week. We bought some of those hot pretzels we'd been craving for months!

We headed back to the hotel, refilled our mugs and sat and watched the Disney channel showing us all the things we would get to do over the next week! We were in bed by about 10:30, eager to spend our first full day at MK!

Jane

wow ! what a quick woman ! I leave in 6 days and was hoping someone would get up some very recent reports....thanks :)

mailboxhearts.gif

What lies behind us
and what lies before us
are tiny matters
compared to what lies within us -Emerson

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter