• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Arizona & Utah: Cowboys & Canyons (formerly Southwest Splendors) Meets Thread

Well, we are 1 day away .... from the end :( of our first ABD. We have Doug and Pamm and both are great! We have 27 adventurers with 15 being under 15. Lots of activities boys. Red cliffs is amazing as is Enchantment. I couldn't WAIT to get out of the Kachina Lodge at GC village though. A value, maybe moderate hotel at best. Air conditioning was poor as were the beds. I do get the location as the reason to stay there. Doug did speak on the bus prior to getting there about those concerns and rationale. There didn't seem to be any other choices. Dinner at el tovar was very good and the guides were able to secure a last minute reservation for one family. So far, my favorite location has to be Moab. So much so that I'm reconsidering Europe ABD next summer for Wyoming. The outdoors is amazing out here! Love, love, love my trip! Anyone with questions, I'll try to find answers. You have one more day if I don't know the answer for me to ask the guides. :)
So glad you're enjoying your ABD, and so sorry it's almost over!!! This still remains one of my favorite ABDs! I agree the Red Cliffs Lodge is amazing (we didn't stay at the Enchantment). When I did this trip, we stayed outside the GC park in Tusayan, at the Grand Hotel. It was one of the nicest in the area, but still only a nice-but-not-great hotel. (Although probably much nicer than the Kachina). But tons of people complained because we weren't staying in the Park. I guess ABD decided that location was more important. We spent a lot of time traveling to and from the park. I like the changes they've made to the itinerary since they now stay in the park.

Sayhello

Well, we are 1 day away .... from the end :( of our first ABD. We have Doug and Pamm and both are great! We have 27 adventurers with 15 being under 15. Lots of activities boys. Red cliffs is amazing as is Enchantment. I couldn't WAIT to get out of the Kachina Lodge at GC village though. A value, maybe moderate hotel at best. Air conditioning was poor as were the beds. I do get the location as the reason to stay there. Doug did speak on the bus prior to getting there about those concerns and rationale. There didn't seem to be any other choices. Dinner at el tovar was very good and the guides were able to secure a last minute reservation for one family. So far, my favorite location has to be Moab. So much so that I'm reconsidering Europe ABD next summer for Wyoming. The outdoors is amazing out here! Love, love, love my trip! Anyone with questions, I'll try to find answers. You have one more day if I don't know the answer for me to ask the guides. :)
We went at the end of June and also had Doug and Pamm as our guides. They were absolutely amazing! Glad you are enjoying your trip. We stayed at the Thunderbird but I think it' similar to the Kachina. What a big difference from the Enchntment, although as Doug explained, the Enchantment sets the bar very high. Loved Moab too! We had a wonderful time hiking to the Delicate Arch and rafting on the Colorado river was loads of fun!

We absolutely loved this trip, too. Our guides were the wonderful Hanneka and Kim. We were with Hanneka on Winter Wonderland and she is just awesome. We loved Kim, too. She was great fun.

We also loved the Red Cliffs. Rio Grande is actually on Turner Classic Movies tonight at 7pm. You may want to watch to see Red Cliffs with John Wayne!

This ABD will be really hard to top. So much fun!

Just booked June 29-July 6 trip! Can't wait!
Congrats! :thumbsup2 I've added you to the Roll Call in the first post of this thread. If you let me know the makeup of your traveling party (unless you're traveling solo!) I'll update the Roll Call with that info.

Sayhello

Please add me as well. DD and I will be on the 6/15-22 trip, during which she will turn 8. So excited!

We will be on the June 22-29 trip. ( me, my husband, and 13 yr old twin daughters)
Welcome to the DISBoards and the ABD Forum! I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread. This was my first ABD, and still one of my favorites!

Sayhello

I cant believe its over. The Cowboys and Canyons tour we took from May 20-27 was the best. I'll be writing a trip report soon. Going on a first class motor coach tour to the Southwest with 40 Disney fanatics was the best vacation ever!!!!

I cant believe its over. The Cowboys and Canyons tour we took from May 20-27 was the best. I'll be writing a trip report soon. Going on a first class motor coach tour to the Southwest with 40 Disney fanatics was the best vacation ever!!!!
Can't wait to read it!!! Going next month:)

We left Tuesday June 9th and visited Disneyland, Sequoia NP, and Joshua Tree NP prior to our Adventure. Tonight is the last night of the ABD, and we are staying one night in Aspen and flying out of Denver after seeing some of the Rocky Mountains. We've had a great trip. No disappointments - it all was wonderful!!! Wish I could stay another 2 weeks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter