Ariel's Pink Ball Gown

aprylann28

Mouseketeer
My DD(8) wants to be Ariel for Halloween this year. But, she wants to be Ariel in the pink ball gown that she wore for dinner at Prince Eric’s Castle. I have scoured the internet trying to find a costume, dress, or anything that looks like Ariel’s pink ball gown at a reasonable price. I found one dress at party city for $70 that might work if I can’t find anything better, but I am still hoping to find something that looks closer to Ariel’s actual gown. I don’t know how to sew, and I am not very crafty, so making one myself is somewhat out of the question.

I’ve tried the disneystore.com, and they don’t have the pink ball gown. I’ve seen several handmade dresses that would be perfect on places like etsy.com and google shopping, but they are all $200 or more. Ideally, I would like to not spend more than $80 - $100.

Does anyone know where I can get a dress that looks really close to Ariel’s pink ball gown for a reasonable price or how I could make one without a lot of craft/sewing knowledge?

Thanks everyone for your help.

Did you see this one on etsy:

Search for ariel little mermaid pink princess dress

It was $29.95 + shipping

Just wanted to add, if you could find anyone that sews, I would start with the Snow White pattern. I think it could be easily altered to resemble the pink dress.

If you are looking for a ready-made dress to modify, concentrate on the puffy sleeves and full skirt in a pink dress. The white accents would be easy to add and you could split and curve the skirt and add a white skirt underneath, maybe from a wedding dress costume or something similar.

Did you see this one on etsy:

Search for ariel little mermaid pink princess dress

It was $29.95 + shipping

Aunt BJ, thank you so much. That dress is perfect, and a much better price than what I was expecting to spend. I didn't find it on Etsy when I searched because I was typing Ariel's Pink Ball Gown. I cannot tell you how much this means to me. My little princess is going to be so happy. Again, I cannot thank you enough. You have made my day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter