Ariel's Grotto?

Jules3Kids

Mouseketeer
Hi there...I'm hoping for some info on the Princess Lunch at Ariel's Grotto. We have been to Disneyland before but this will be our first time at the princess lunch. We typically do the character breakfast (which we are still doing...Minnie and Friends!) but our daughter and niece are both 5 during this trip and of course love the princesses. I am mostly worried we won't get much princess interaction in the parks in case of crowds, etc...so the meal ensures this. However, it comes at a cost! Is the food decent and the experience worth it for us? Is this a buffet or not? It's hard to tell by the allears site. It doesn't look like a buffet, but it mentions something about the antipasto platter or something....has anyone been here lately? By the way, we also have two boys with us, ages 10 and 16. I'm sure the 16 yo wouldn't mind it :) but is the food ok for them as well?
Thanks for any help on this...we just aren't sure if to spend the money or not.

We are going Nov. 18-22, BTW.

It is not a buffet but part of it is served family style. You get the first course which is a three tiered tray. The top layer has plain jello squares and fruited jello squares. The next layer has salami, cheeses, pickled etc.., and the bottom is a salad. It is served with breads and three types of spreads. You choose your entree. I had the ciapinno which was awesome. DH and dd had the tri tip and really liked that while DMIL enjoyed her redfish with pineapple chutney. Dessert is a platter with a variety of desserts. Toll house cookie bars, a white chocolate conch shells with berries, a chocolate mousse type torte and cheesecake I think. If you wanted more of any of the appetizers or desserts if you like.
We really enjoyed this meal. We had been to AG 2 other times with the old menu and this new menu is awesome!!!

Thank you so much for the info! It's so hard to tell by the menus exactly what you get. That actually sounds really good, and different from other restaurants. Maybe we will make it a girls day only and the boys can go do something else! : )

Thanks again!

We ate there 2 weeks ago :) it was really good :) all 4 of us had the tritip lol
we had inside seats which was nice because the princesses start inside. Cinderella actually got stuck inside with some "needy" lol guests. I felt bad for the little ones outside they didn't get to see her for very long. :( she literally had to tell them "I have to go"! :scared1:
ask for indoor seating that way you see them first :)
it was fun and you get a photo op with Ariel before you are seated.

I knew I there were photos around here somehwere. I don;t know how to post threads but if you go to the FAQ Sticky, you will find the disneyland dining reviews started by Jeff Goldbloom. On page 66 Lulu posted some pics. Check it out!

Excellent meal! The pasta dish was fabulous. DH wasn't crazy about the chicken, nothing to write home about. The kids loved the meatball lollypops.

We weren't expecting a good meal, but we were surprised. It was definitely worth the expense (and much better than waiting in a long line at PFF.)

mmmmmmm Ariel's Grotto!! YUM!! We really like it with the new menu, before we went for the Princesses mostly but now we go for the food. :) I had the chicken last time, it was really good!! DBF has the Ciopinno, he really likes it but the serving is a bit small, that was OK tho because DD13 had the tri tip and couldn't finish it (she's 13 but eats like a bird, she usually gets kids meals but they wouldn't let her, well they would have let her but we would have paid the adult price anyway so we told her to order off the adult menu), DD9 had the pasta. We've eaten there 2 or 3 times since they got the new menu and we haven't been disappointed yet. :) Enjoy your meal!

I tried Ariel's Grotto once because I was curious about a character meal at Disneyland and because I'd had so much fun at a solo character meal at WDW. I ate at Ariel's Grotto a second time because the tri-tip was so good. And I'll eat there again.

Mmmmmm. Tri-tip.

We go to the Ariel's Breakfast. It doesn't seem to be advertised much, but they have it.
Very good..served family style, with first course being the tiered thing with cheeses, pastries and fruit. Then they bring out a platter of hash browns, eggs, bacon and sausage. You can get more of anything you want. Also, juices, coffee, etc. We really like this. The kids (and Princess dress) are fresh, the Princesses spend plenty of time at your table, and the food is good.

I agree that the food at the princess lunch is surprisingly good. It was one of the better meals we had at DLR. The pasta is particularly delicious.

I've commented before about the overall experience being somewhat chaotic (I believe I've called it "hellish") but if your kids are into the princess thing, I would endorse this meal as a decent value between the quality of the food and the quality of the interaction/photo opportunities.

I also endorse the men's room as the best one at DCA: clean, stylish, great air conditioning, and hardly anyone goes in there. But that need not factor into your decision. :)

I also endorse the men's room as the best one at DCA: clean, stylish, great air conditioning, and hardly anyone goes in there. But that need not factor into your decision. :)

:lmao: That was a good one! I'll add that information to my growing list and let my DH know about it when we eat at AG.

I went to Ariel's in September for my 40th birthday with 7 other ladies in their 50's & 60's.

The food was FANTASTIC!!! Among us we had the tri-tip, cioppino, and chicken -- all got rave reviews. I had the tri-tip & it was fabulous. There was a TON of food.

For 8 adults with an AP discount, it cost me about $300. I thought it was completely worth it. The princess interaction was great, even though we were all "old ladies" & had no little ones with us.

GO, GO, GO -- can't recommend it enough!

We went in September and here are a couple of photos we have. I personally thought the food was overseasoned and not worth the price tag. However, I knew it was a character meal so I kind of expected it. We went at the end of the day and I felt VERY rushed. My girls didn't really get "interaction" with the princesses. They came to the table and said 'hi', took a picture, signed their books and moved on. I thought there might be more talking & interaction involved. I think we were in the last dinner seating time slot and we were rushed so they could close.

IMG_5509.jpg

IMG_5506.jpg

IMG_5507.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter