Ariel's Grotto question

dcassetta

DIS Veteran
I have seen sample menus from Ariels. And, I have a question about how the meals are served. The menus seem to say that the meals are served family style. Do you sit at a large table with other families similar to a Benihana Japanese restaurant? Or, do they modify the appetizer and dessert for the size of your party? Thanks!

I have seen sample menus from Ariels. And, I have a question about how the meals are served. The menus seem to say that the meals are served family style. Do you sit at a large table with other families similar to a Benihana Japanese restaurant? Or, do they modify the appetizer and dessert for the size of your party? Thanks!

You will be seated with your group at your own table. I'm not sure if they scale the serving based on your party, but I do know they willingly brought more fruit when we asked.

I can't say what happens at Breakfast or Lunch as I have not eaten there at those times. However when my Nan and myself did the W.O.C dinner package we recieved a bread basket with the MOST delicious bread ever! Our appitizers were served on a three plate tower, with a large salad making up the bottom portion, and meats and cheeses on the top layers. For our main we could choose from a selection of dishes which included seafood, red meat, chicken and pastas. Our dessert was a platter with different small portions of deliciousness. Macaroons, a tiramasu chocolate cup and a white chocolate film strip (I don't know if they do these anymore) amongst other things. We were a party of two and had ALOT of food left! The mains are absolutely HUGE and could feed two people easily (or make for a quick left over dinner or lunch the next day) Each party was seated at their own table. I immagine if the amount of people in your party excedded the amount of servings for your appitizer and dessert platter they would add more food or double the ammount of platters. Hope that helped a little, haha!

We have eaten family style at Ariel's grotto with a party of six and they simply brought us two platters or towers of every course, which made a nice large meal. Very good food there, in my opinion. Not as fancy as the premium restaurants but still very good prix fixe style dining.

The appetizers and desserts are set up for your group size. If you need more, just ask.

How much is lunch and dinner. This Is somewhere we have thought of going but I can never find a rough estimate.

Can you take home leftovers?

We ate there for dinner last summer and when they brouht out the dessert tray we could not touch it, we were stuffed! :confused3 So, our server offered to package it up for us. We took the goodies back to our hotel and snacked on them the next 2 days. So, perhaps if you ask to have it packaged?

The dessert plate at least is adjusted for the size of your group - we asked for an extra lava cake and the waiter had an extra whole dessert plate for a smaller group so she just brought that over, but it must have been for a 2-3 person party as it was a smaller plate. Like pp mentioned, feel free to ask for more of anything except the main course.

I do have to say, though, we went on Thursday for a 4:30 reservation and the princess interaction was SO RUSHED. 5 princesses and while they all stopped at our table, they were very obviously in a hurry... like picking up and signing the book right as soon as they got to our table before even greeting dd. The free princess interaction at Fantasy Faire was amazing, so next time we'll certainly do a different character meal.

We just got back and ate there on Friday the 17th. IT was $117 for 2 adults and 1 child including tip and tax(which is automatically added). We sat down with just us 3 and the apps were brought out immediately. I suggest getting there a little early if possible. My reservation was 11:40 and we got there at 11:10 just because there wasn't time to ride anything before the meal. And I wanted to change my daughter into her dress and comb her hair, etc. We were one of the first ones to get seated(they didn't start seating lunch until 11:30 and we were seated at the front of the room meaning we saw all the princesses first. We were asked our choice for the main course shortly after sitting down and had our meal before the first princess came out. The dessert was excellent but we were stuffed so we were able to take our cookies home with us. :)

I would say it IS a Princess Whirlwind, but we felt like we got our money's worth. It wasn't like the Princesses didn't interact with the girls. They totally did. They just seemed to have a sense of urgency in everything that they did. Not in a bad way. Just... urgent. Haha. I don't know how else to explain it. Efficient?

We felt we got our money's worth. The princesses were really good. The food was tasty. The little one (8 years old) had a fabulous time. Well worth it.

Oh and the Tri-Tip is really good. I got that on recommendation from the DIS. ;) DISers are right. It was yum.

The only meal I had during our trip that was better, was the Filet Mignon at Blue Bayou. That was some SERIOUS yum.

Each party will be seated at their own table, you won't be sharing ala Benihana. :)
Breakfast you are served family style, you will receive the 3 tiered tray with pastries, fruit, cheeses, then you are served eggs, breakfast meats (sausage, bacon, ham) and potatoes on large platters. Drinks are refilled as needed.
Lunch and dinner you receive the 3 tiered tray as described above, fruit, meat, cheeses and a really good seafood salad are served, then each person gets their entree on their own plate, dessert is served family style. You can get refills on the appetizers and desserts and yes, you can take any and all leftovers to go. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter