• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ariel's Grotto closed - Where else can I meet Ariel in MK?

sparkly_bumble_bee

Earning My Ears
Hi,
Hopefully this is in the right place-I have never used a forum before!
I'm 23 and am going to WDW late September.
I read somewhere that Ariel's Grotto is closed forever because of some refurbishments. I guess this means that Ariel has been kicked out of MK
: (

Is there any where else where I can meet Ariel? She is my favourite : )
Doesn't need to be in MK-any of the parks will do.

Thanks!

I see that I am Earning My Ears again-takes me back to when I was an ICP in Qisney Quest.....*sigh*

she meets with eric at the adventureland veranda, just over the bridge from the hub.

she's also supposed to be in attendance at every meal at CRT and PSB during the transition.

As mentioned, she is in Adventureland, currently with Prince Eric. If it matters, she is in her princess gown instead of her mermaid tail.

Ariel and Eric only come out at certain times and because of that, their lines fill up and get cut off fairly quickly. Your best bet is usually to get to their location for their first couple of sets. They usually start around 10am.

If you are interested in seeing what Ariel looks like in her sea foam colored dress with her Prince, I have pictures on my blog. Just click the link in my signature!

I just came back from a WDW trip yesterday and couldn't believe how many little girls only wanted Ariel in their pictures and not Eric. That poor Prince was asked to step aside for at least 80% of the interactions and pictures I saw. When I got up there, I asked Ariel to step aside and got a pic with Eric only. :rotfl:

That's too funny, my girls would love to have ariel and eric both! Hope they are there in december!

You can also see her at Hollywood Studios in her own show (Voyage of the Little Mermaid)- it's not a meet and greet though.

You will also be happy to know the "refurbishment" you mentioned that closed Ariel's Groto includes a huge ride and attraction based on The Little Mermaid in the MK. You will have to wait until 2012 though.

Check the times guide. When we were there last week she stopped greeting guests by 5pm.

I just came back from a WDW trip yesterday and couldn't believe how many little girls only wanted Ariel in their pictures and not Eric. That poor Prince was asked to step aside for at least 80% of the interactions and pictures I saw. When I got up there, I asked Ariel to step aside and got a pic with Eric only. :rotfl:

That seems to be a pretty common occurance...

That's too funny, my girls would love to have ariel and eric both! Hope they are there in december!

Eric's last day is rumored to be Oct. 2; see above quote for the reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter