Ariel's Grotto Breakfast??

ddtink

Earning My Ears
Has anyone done the breakfast at Ariel's Grotto recently? The Adult cost is $39 and the child $20. It works out to basically the same price as I've seen on the boards in the past, but it seems steep. Maybe I'm just cheap:)

Is it worth it? Will it save me from waiting in the long line at PFF in DL?

I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts.......Thanks!

I just did this breakfast on Feb 12th with my dd(6) for her birthday. It was her dream to eat with the princesses. I normally avoid character dining because the food is mediocre and despise buffets where you feel like you have to eat $40 worth of food to get your money's worth. I just don't eat that much.

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food at the breakfast. The fruit was perfectly ripe and the breads/pastries/cheeses were very tasty. The eggs were kind of fake tasting, but the bacon (which I requested extra-well done) was really, really good. We had excellent service, as well. They offered substitutes of cereal if my dd didn't like the hot breakfast. They also offered veggie sausage.

Overall, yes, you are definitely paying for character interaction. If you get the earliest seating, make sure you request a table near the beginning of the princesses' rotation so you aren't sitting there waiting for 30 minutes even after you have finished your breakfast before the first princess gets to your table. Our princesses were Ariel (you always see her at the beginning before seating), Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora and Belle.

Oh, and I think you can pre-purchase character meal vouchers at a discounted price from getawaytoday.com.
EDITED: NEVERMIND, just read on another thread that the getaway vouchers aren't valid for Ariel's breakfast. That makes no sense, since it is the same price as lunch. Sorry.

I just now called Disney dining. They said breakfast is $32.21 (including tax and tip) for each adult. Lunch and dinner is $34.69 for each adult.

I'm not sure if this is the same thing. We bought our lunch tickets to the Disney Princess Celebration Lunch for $25.99/adult including tax and tip (CDN) last week. We are going on April 23.

I think I'm going to keep it then. I can use the Disney Visa as well for a bit of a discount.

I also saw the other thread that has great info too:)
Thanks again to eeryone!!!!

ut-oh!! I think I am in BIG trouble....I purchased tix from GAT, but they only had openings for b-fast! Does anyone know if this will work????

aug_marigold where did you buy your CDN tickets?

A friend and I are taking her 2 daughters on a last minute trip and would love to get a better deal on the dining options.

TIA!

Getawaytoday doesn't offer tickets for the Ariel breakfast. I tried to buy them yesterday.

I bought tickets through them for lunch/dinner...all PS had left were breakfast options. So am I out of luck??? I went ahead and arranged a breakfast seating, but I have lunch/dinner tix.

We bought our tickets at Flight Centre. The travel agent asked us what day we wanted to go and then called the Disney reservations and booked them.

There is also a page on the website that allows you buy them. I don't have enough posts to post the link but at the bottom of the first page of flightcentre(dot).ca there is a link for Disney Parks.

Thanks aug_marigold.

We booked our trip through Westjet Vacations since they have an awesome deal but Flight Centre has a much better deal on the dinning.

Thanks again!

Is Ariels Grotto breakfast an ongoing new thing or is it just a limited time thing? I heard it was a limited time thing but wasnt sure how long for.

Is Ariels Grotto breakfast an ongoing new thing or is it just a limited time thing? I heard it was a limited time thing but wasnt sure how long for.

It was a limited time thing, they had it for a couple months and took it away for about a month and they just brought it back, hopefully permanently..

WOW. I nearly fell off my chair reading the price. That is expensive! I'm booked but didn't think it would be $39 per adult. On the Disneyland website it says $20-$30 per person (although there was a disclaimer that said that's for reference only). I think they need to update that...

Oh well...it will still be worth every penny to see my princess-obsessed daughter's reaction. :)

We went and loved it. Also if you are at the first seating, you may be chosen as the royal family of the day (we were) and can announce the princesses. My DD4 loved it. she had much more fun at the breakfast than the lunch. the food was better too. My DS6 and DH ate a ton!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter