• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ariel, The Little Mermaid in Triton Gardens

mimichan

Mouseketeer
While looking at the Disneyland website, I noticed under Disneyland Park Attractions and under Character Greetings, "Ariel, The Little Mermaid" was listed as a character greeting in Triton Gardens in Fantasyland. Does anyone know anything about this, like when and where this takes place in Fantasyland? I've never heard anyone ever talk about this character greeting.

The Grotto is between the South end of the Matterhorn and North end of the Buzz Lightyear building... and east of Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Ariel starts at 10am or 11am I think... she takes several breaks during the day, but she can be found there most of the day.... and if not there/on a break, she will be back soon... up about 30 minutes before parade time.

When she leaves her grotto to go get ready for the Parade of Dreams.

On weekends when there are 2 parades, she may return to her grotto to Meet & Greet more fans after she performs in the 3pm parade, but she will leave again around 5pm to prepare for the evening parade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl7AX-Q2-7c

:)

Just a quick note about this - make sure you go see her, particularly if you have kids.

Ariel was great with our girls. She chatted with them about where they were from, where her prince was and how their holiday had been.
We saw her on our last day there and my girls are still talking about how they met Ariel (five days on!). She is definitely one of the nicer princesses and great with little kids!

Mel

Thanks everyone for all the info on this. We'll have to check this out on our next trip in October. My 2 year old granddaughter just loves Ariel. We're already going to do Ariel's Grotto but we'll also check out this one too.

DD met Ariel in her grotto last year. She still talks about it and we go a couple times a month. Ariel was wonderful and even told DD to "remind Snow White of our swimming lesson." We haven't met SW yet and DD still reminds me that we need to deliver Ariel's message. Hopefully SW remembered on her own and didn't miss the lesson :rotfl:

We also met Ariel in her grotto. We had the only boys in line, and I was starting to feel guilty about it. But the boys didn't notice at all, and we were close to the front of the line by then, so we stayed.

Just as we got to the front the CM handlers announced that Ariel needed to go for a refreshing swim (they had been saying that for at least 5 minutes by that point.) DS6 was so disappointed, until I asked him how Ariel was going to get to the water. He said, "What do you mean?" I pointed out that she doesn't have legs, so she can't walk. He was so excited to see how she was going to leave, and we had front row seats!

It was very cool, the boys and I loved it, and even better was that she was back in about 5 minutes. She was great with them, seemed to give them a little more time than other princesses. I thought maybe it was because seeing boys was a bit of a novelty! She was very sweet and charming, answered the boys questions, and the photo of her with the boys is adorable! DS(then 2) loved her beautiful sparkly fins! :rotfl:

I am trying to place this grotto in my mind..I must have passed it many times over the years and haven't noticed..Can you give me another landmark? I get turned around in DL and my compass directions are kind of bad..I don't know what you mean by the Buzz Lightyear building..You mean where he performs in Tomorrowland.that used to be the space hamburger stand?

It's near the hub at the end of Main St. toward the castle. If you are at the Partners statue in the hub and facing the castle, look to your right near the AstroOrbiter. You'll see some tall rock-like structures and a couple of little pools. This is Triton Gardens. There are 2 paths through the garden. One goes toward the pool and a statue of King Triton; the other pool has a statue of Ariel on a rock. The other path goes back to Ariel's grotto. She sits in a seat carved in the rocks, and the rocks rise up kinda tall back there and provide a bit of shade.

If I'm remembering right, the entrance to the Garden and grotto on the castle side is very near the entrance to Snow White's grotto. On the opposite side of the path, there's an entrance next to the AstroOrbiter.

If I'm remembering right, the entrance to the Garden and grotto on the castle side is very near the entrance to Snow White's grotto. On the opposite side of the path, there's an entrance next to the AstroOrbiter.

Okay..thanks..I know where that is..but I didn't know Ariel was actually in there..I have been going to DL for years..and I didn't even know the Snow White statue in the water.. sang..and.. every 1/2 hour fish swim around her as she does....

Okay..thanks..I know where that is..but I didn't know Ariel was actually in there..I have been going to DL for years..and I didn't even know the Snow White statue in the water.. sang..and.. every 1/2 hour fish swim around her as she does....
Don't feel too bad. I had read about Snow White singing in the wishing well, so we did stop there several times during our stay to listen and/or to visit a princess. Not once did I notice the fish! :rotfl:

Hi, it says somewhere on that schedule piece of paper you get with the map. There's that list of events where it says Princess Fantasy Faire, and characters...
It reads Ariel in Triton's Garden 12 noon until (i'm not sure what time). She's there pretty much most of the time (except for bathroom/lunch breaks), but because of the secluded location, it is not visible if you just stroll through the park.
I was just there in April 2007, and someone actually pointed this out to me on that slip of paper.:cutie:

Out of all the princesses, Ariel was one of my favorites for sure. She was very chatty and very perky to the point you couldnt help but love her. I watched all the little kids interact with all the princesses but they all seemed to have adored her.

I am glad some of you have told how you missed some of these things too..and.. I am not the only regular Disney traveler who has missed these sites...I am usually so set on getting from one place to the next..I don't stop and look at some of the magical things along the way..
Great pic..BTW...aashaddy...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter