Arguments on FaceBook

My DH tried that during one of the arguments. Apparently, "Snopes is run by liberals in their basement." :rolleyes1 It just isn't worth the time or energy. People believe what they want no matter how stupid it is!
LOL yeah, I get that sometimes. I still post them (or a BBC link, or politifact, etc)

I don't argue on FB cause I'm not 12.

Exactly! I rarely post my political opinions on FB but I have posted how strongly I feel that we should be accepting refugees since I believe that that it is a urgent humanitarian crisis. My cousin posts constantly the opposite opinion and I ignore it. Arguing would be futile and cause a rift between us. She is still my cousin and friend even if she's wrong lol.

What really cracked me up about the whole thing was the misinformation. The one woman tried to claim that she knew sugar is never needed in the diet because she is lactose intolerant. And making your own formula? That sounds really dangerous. There was a woman who was a nurse in an ER commenting and begged them not to feed their babies homemade formula. Apparently she sees a lot of infants brought to the ER in various states of malnourishment because their idiot parents were making homemade formula and screwing up the recipe.

Not to mention there are multiple medical reasons someone might not be able to breast feed.

I don't do arguments on Facebook. They're just not worth it. I don't even post my own opinions. I use Facebook for work networking and don't want any political opinions on there for everyone to see. Half of my facebook would be annoyed at my economic opinions and the other half annoyed at my social opinions. Mostly I post pictures of my vacations when I take them.

Political posts and arguments don't bother me really, I can kind of watch from the sidelines and not get sucked in. However in the past I've really had to bite my tongue (or just delete people and move on) over not vaccinating kids, breastfeeding, and crazy judgmental parents who genuinely believe that if you're not doing things their way, you are harming your baby and should not be a parent. One 'friend' got deleted yesterday after a long line of smug, superior parent posts. I'm very happy not to have to read her crap anymore.

rather is Facebook or just online, people say the meanest stuff that they would never do to your face

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter