ARGHH!! Check those room ressies!!

Indy Denise

Mouseketeer
I AM SO FREAKING MAD!! and yes, I did just yell, sorry.

Just like everybody else I have been having the usual issues with the new Disney website but I could always see my package ressie, usually...or get it to pull up sometimes.

Well today takes the cake. I can see it, no problems there..but under My Itinerary ( which I have been " working on" ) my reservation dates are changed....so now it also seems I have to call someone who will not be able to help me...

This is getting really frustrating. Seriously ! :furious:

I can not believe this is still happening. I still can't pull my resort reservations up -just tried again. The whole thing is a disaster. Hope you get it resolved pretty quickly!

I can get my resort reservations but I can't see my dining. If I am lucky enough to get into the site at all, it tells me I've been idle too long every time I try to make a reservation:rolleyes2. Or it just throws me out. Of course, the last few days I can't even access the page.

It's getting ridiculous and I'm not sure why I need to absorb the cost of a lengthy long distance phone call every time there is an issue because frankly there's a ton of issues. Sigh. I know there are worse things but this has to be the worst website launch ever.:headache:

I wouldn't take anything seriously that you're seeing on their website. I wouldn't think, seriously, when my reservations come and go and show back up again and say weird things, I literally do not think anything of it.

They are having extreme problems with their website.

It does not mean anything has changed with our reservations.

Yeah, I know my ressies are all fine, even if I can see only dining! Just would be nice to see my package ressie on there too!

I have made exactly 2 dining reservations that 'stuck' and I got confirmations for. I leave tomorrow.

Attempts to call and making dining reservations have been less than successful.. disconnection, ridiculously long wait times, unable to find previous reservations to cancel... and of course the web? ZERO HELP -- which is why I'm facing wait times in excess of 45 minutes whenever I have a minute to call.

I have officially given up. I have 2 reservations. I will make the rest on site. If they don't have what I want, I will stomp my foot and act like a child and see what that gets me..

Maybe nothing.. maybe what I should have gotten if I had been able to reserve my meals properly using ANY of the supposedly avenues available.

People need to be fired over this mess. It's already put a sour taste in my mouth for this vacation and what kind of start to a vacation is that?

I expect more from Disney. Way more. Motel 6 has a website that functions better. So does the Red Roof Inn. My 20 year old nephew could build a better website.

Disney needs to clean house and bring people who know how to run a global IT department with efficiency.

K

I have made exactly 2 dining reservations that 'stuck' and I got confirmations for. I leave tomorrow.

So you haven't even been able to make dining reservations? That's odd, I've made more than a few in the last week. That's so odd.

So you haven't even been able to make dining reservations? That's odd, I've made more than a few in the last week. That's so odd.

Yeah, it seems it works differently for different people. I am unable to pull up package ressie, but pull up all dining...someone else mentioned it was opposite for them. SOmetimes I am able to make/change dining ressies, sometimes not!

:(

Yeah, it seems it works differently for different people. I am unable to pull up package ressie, but pull up all dining...someone else mentioned it was opposite for them. SOmetimes I am able to make/change dining ressies, sometimes not!

:(

I can pull up the package ressie but dining I can't even attach them to my account.. it won't pull them up at ALL.

But I'm in Canada and we have some weird hybrid-half-breed of new and old site and it just fails at everything.

Today for example, going to : http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/

Gets me a "Webpage is not available" -- and it has been this way since Monday.

see below:

Disney_zpsbec6165a.jpg

I wouldn't take anything seriously that you're seeing on their website. I wouldn't think, seriously, when my reservations come and go and show back up again and say weird things, I literally do not think anything of it.

They are having extreme problems with their website.

It does not mean anything has changed with our reservations.

Just FWIW...

BFF and I booked in Sept to go to WDW in mid-Jan. In early Dec, she called and added her brother & SIL to our res, as they are going to go with us and share the room cost.

Realized yesterday we had never received the updated DME booklet, so I logged onto the site. All four of us were listed for the room, but somehow only BFF & SIL were booked for DME. (??? I don't even know how it did that!) I called reservations, who told me that all was fine, but to call DME to get another packet. DME indicated to me that no, all was NOT fine, they did indeed only have BFF & SIL booked. She was able to straighten it out without a problem, but if you see an error on the website, I would definitely call. It has to be in someone's computer, somewhere, like that, or else it would not show up that way!

Our issue may well have not been with the website, but if I had just written it off as "oh, the website is a mess," we would have been left with two luggage tags for four people and only two vouchers.

I had to call Disney today just to do my online check-in. It wasn't recognizing my confirmation number or anything. She sent me to a different website to get checked in and it worked. It sounded like they've been having this problem a lot lately.

I had to call Disney today just to do my online check-in. It wasn't recognizing my confirmation number or anything. She sent me to a different website to get checked in and it worked. It sounded like they've been having this problem a lot lately.

Was that...

www.mydisneyreservation.com ?

That's where I was able to get thru and at least do my online check-in.

And while I don't advocate NOT calling when you see an error.. there are a TON, hundreds of errors throughout this bug-riddled piece of crap. And that's being polite.

On Sunday, the last day I could see the website, it indicated on the DDP, I was getting 2 TS and 1 Snack per day.

Clearly wrong and no, I didn't bother calling. I know Disney won't mess that up. But woop-eee for me if they do!

Was that...

www.mydisneyreservation.com ?

That's where I was able to get thru and at least do my online check-in.

And while I don't advocate NOT calling when you see an error.. there are a TON, hundreds of errors throughout this bug-riddled piece of crap. And that's being polite.

On Sunday, the last day I could see the website, it indicated on the DDP, I was getting 2 TS and 1 Snack per day.

Clearly wrong and no, I didn't bother calling. I know Disney won't mess that up. But woop-eee for me if they do!

Yeah, that was the website. I'd been reading that a lot of people were having problems with the online check-in so I didn't panic when mine didn't work. I didn't look up anything else (my ADRs), didn't want to have to deal with that now if they're wrong.

I was able to make one this morning and then magically the rest of my dining reservations finally reappeared. Two seconds later they disappeared and a minute later showed that we're apparently dining at Akershus 7 days in a row in April. :rolleyes:

Not realizing there was such a glitz I tried to cancel an adr and make it for another day. Put my credit card number in and then the site stopped running! Now I don't know if it happened correctly or not. They should stop requiring credit card holds if they are going to make so many errors.:confused3

kmb584 said:
I was able to make one this morning and then magically the rest of my dining reservations finally reappeared. Two seconds later they disappeared and a minute later showed that we're apparently dining at Akershus 7 days in a row in April. :rolleyes:

Now I wanna try eating at Akershus 7 days in a row.. I wonder if the staff would start to recognize the crazy Canadian back for day # 5? LOL

Now I wanna try eating at Akershus 7 days in a row.. I wonder if the staff would start to recognize the crazy Canadian back for day # 5? LOL

I mean the food there is good and all, but after about day 4 you probably run the risk of all the Princes taking out a restraining order on you and the Dwarfs giving you the evil eye, even Happy.

I think we need Mary Poppins to swoop in on the I.T. department at Disney and get things in order. It will probably take more than a couple of spoonfuls of sugar to get the web site operating up to par.

~NM

Even though I know I shouldn't have, I just tried to check my late February reservations. It was a total no go situation but I did enjoy a "New Web Site Blooper" (NWSB) that had DiVine appearing on a map of Hollywood Studios out in the middle of a lake.

I hope the poor thing can swim!

~NM

I can pull up the package ressie but dining I can't even attach them to my account.. it won't pull them up at ALL.

But I'm in Canada and we have some weird hybrid-half-breed of new and old site and it just fails at everything.

Today for example, going to : http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/

Gets me a "Webpage is not available" -- and it has been this way since Monday.

see below:

Disney_zpsbec6165a.jpg

This is my experience as well. A little late now but if you are still reading when you go on the website, try to use firefox. Do a google search for "Disney Dining" and go in through one of those links. A search for Disneygo or whatever we used before will just time out.
Then if you can get on the page, go to the bottom left hand corner and choose the American version of the website.
After that you should be able to search for reservations. However, in my experience, the first time you make one, it's going to tell you that you've been sitting idle too long and make you search again. Don't give up yet.. search and try again and you just may have luck this time.

Sounds like I am sending on you a perilous quest doesn't it?:rolleyes2

I found that worked though.

ETA.. I see it in your picture actually. Choose an International version in the bottom corner, pick United States English and then proceed as directed. Again, this only worked in firefox for me, not IE and not Safari.

I called the internet help desk ( or some such place ) and she said that the date of the package changing was a "new one" and she was letting the I T people know about it.

The CM said that they are hoping to have everything fixed ( and up and running ) by...get this....March....!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl2:

She also told me to call to make Dining ressies and not to rely on the site to do them correctly....

Very nice gal, I HATE calling them to find out what is going on as this is not the CM's fault. This sweetie of a CM said she has to deal with angry people all day, this poor gal has the patience of a saint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter