• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Argh. The 20% off coupon can't be used for Disney Giftcards afterall. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it appears they were classified as gift cards. My husband made the attempt and just called.

The OP's husband"s experience isn't good enough? How many people have to try it and be turned down before people accept that the coupon won't work on Disney GC purchases? Or are you going to hold out for that individual who gets a cashier to force the discount?

Sorry, but you don't get to dictate the flow of conversation in a thread. You can always start a new thread about Target 20%-off success stories and hope that it remains on-topic.

This is one discount they can't force. I have someone who has a part time job at Target and the coupon was tried yesterday at their store (in my presence) to see what would happen. It worked on a clothing article, 20% off, did not work on a game, did not work on a gift card. Interestingly, the 20% discount did not reduce the red card discount, and remained 20% with the employee discount.

And, even though employees were instructed not to honor them until Dec 1, the coupon was live in the system when it was handed out.

It is in itself, an excellent discount.

For the OP, I was kind of wanting to post also but decided to wait. Most are going to be sceptical until they see for themselves.
And also to OP - your husband gets that great employee discount and can stack it with redcard and pharm reward - your vacation is nicely discounted also - as is mine as I am also family to a Target employee!

Well, I am going to return all the things I bought to spend $75 to get the 20% coupon and buy them back using the 20% coupon.

East Coast for the early posts. Here on West Coast, just told DD the big surprise that we are going to Disneyland today for 3 days ... about to start our 6 hour drive.

I chickened out last night at 10:15pm and bought my gift cards and got the 5% off. At least now we don't have to stop at Target on the way down only to be disappointed.

APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S EARLY POSTS ON THIS!

Well, I am going to return all the things I bought to spend $75 to get the 20% coupon and buy them back using the 20% coupon.
According to the Black Friday ad, the coupon will be voided if the items are returned. However, I don't know how it could be enforced since the coupon wasn't scanned when it was distributed. There's no way to tie a coupon received in-store to a specific receipt. OTOH, online purchases and the emailed coupon are linked.

According to the Black Friday ad, the coupon will be voided if the items are returned. However, I don't know how it could be enforced since the coupon wasn't scanned when it was distributed. There's no way to tie a coupon received in-store to a specific receipt. OTOH, online purchases and the emailed coupon are linked.
I hope they refuse to accept the return w/o returning the 20% coupon along with the items.

It worked for me! Saved $500 this morning! The coupon would not work, but the manager manually discounted it. This makes my Sunday a bit more magical :)

Does anyone know if the restaurants and google play ones work?

I know the restaurants don't work. Not sure about Google Play - but I think not.

I was specifically interested in restaurants - we are doing a family meal at Maggianos.

It worked for me! Saved $500 this morning! The coupon would not work, but the manager manually discounted it. This makes my Sunday a bit more magical :)

Congrats. Looks like only chance I to find a manager willing to break the rules.

I am wondering if people can post ANY gift cards they do find it works on. I was looking around online this morning and there is a thread somewhere about how it worked on those prepaid phone cards (t-mobile type cards) which means there are going to be cards it does apply to.

I hope the manager gets fired for going against company policy. If this really happens, it opens up issues as others will make a scene.

I hope the manager gets fired for going against company policy. If this really happens, it opens up issues as others will make a scene.

Really? You hope a person loses his job for trying to make a guest happy? And how would that cause a scene?

I'm disappointed too, but as others have said, it's still a great coupon and if it did work it would have been great! However we all know it is a gift card and it says right on the coupon not valid for gift cards, so I see no reason to be upset with target.

Hi there!

The manager here in Watertown is trying to override- to the poster who got the discount, can you post your reciept so my manager here knows how to override?

Really? You hope a person loses his job for trying to make a guest happy? And how would that cause a scene?

I'm disappointed too, but as others have said, it's still a great coupon and if it did work it would have been great! However we all know it is a gift card and it says right on the coupon not valid for gift cards, so I see no reason to be upset with target.
First Target isn't WDW and they are not guest. Second, the policy is in place for a reason. Cause a scene? Now if this is true, and we only know what the OP stated, others are going to try to get a manager override. Some people are not so nice and will throw a fit to get their share because others seemly did.

That is the problem with WDW, not sticking to policies and make ''guest'' think they are elitist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter