Argh! Different answers w/different people at Ron Jon's!! Parking, please help!

oreilly76

Earning My Ears
I am sure people here have mentioned that they have long term parked their car at Ron Jon's while cruising and they took a shuttle for $5.00 a person. I called to verify that info and was told yes they did do long term parking. So I asked about shuttle info (times etc) and they transferred me to Guest Services who told me they did NOT have any long term parking and that we could NOT leave our car there!?! I told him I was told otherwise this morning and he double checked and said Nope, NO long term parking (four night cruise). We are staying there before and after our cruise too!
AND I was so confused about the different policies that I forgot to ask about the shuttle! I read here it is a Limo and only $5.00 a person. Is it full? Or run when you want? Or how does that work?
Thanks.

Sorry to hear that you are getting different answers :(
I have read many times on this board that people have been informed that long term parking is an option. My understanding is that the shuttle is offered by a third-party company. Hopefully another DISer can shed some more light on both aspects.

I've read someone else's post saying they do offer long term parking, but I've wondered how their proximity to the cruise ships is affecting their policy. The 102 code started off as open then changed to them wanting the coupon, to now they are saying it is expiring. Could the parking policy have changed?

A great DISer said she was driving by last week and saw several cabs at Ron Jons, which was great to hear. We will just take a cab over and not worry about depending on some shuttle. Since there are four of us, just seems to be logical as cab far will probably be less.

O' REilly, can you just park your car at the port for the 4 days? If you can't park at Ron Jon it would save you the shuttle cost anyhow.
Are they really asking for the coupon? My 3 rooms are paid in full for July 2 but I have no coupon.
Robin M.

Yeah, we are going to be parking at the port now I guess. It was only going to work out to be about $10 cheaper with the shuttle, I just thought I had read it is a limo that takes you there so I thought that would be cool. Plus I figured it would save what is probably a long walk from parking to terminal with a 20 month old.
I sure hope we don't need a coupon, I was never told I did. I did say I had only 'heard' about the code and never once was there mention of a coupon!! I am paid in full for all three nights though, before and after cruise, so... I certainly am not expecting to pay more if I don't produce a coupon!
Someone put a link on here with the coupon put I am not sure if it was my browser or what but it was so small I couldn't read it, let alone print it!

It won't be a big deal parking at the port. May end up being better. I just hate that 'policy' is never the same depending on what person you talk to.
Thanks.

Rock'n Robin- I triple checked with the resort and was told no worries on needing the coupon when checking in. I believe those receiving info that a “coupon” was needed were few and far between. I think we are both safe with not having something in hand.

Rock'n Robin - we stayed 4/2 and 4/3 with code 102 and were not asked for a coupon. Also, I have a copy of the Florida Travel magazine with the Ron Jon's ad listing code 102, and there isn't a coupon. It is just a regular print ad telling you to call and ask for code 102.

I don't know about parking at RJs, but I vote for parking at the port. When you leave the ship you'll be able to walk straight out to your car (not far at all) and head home. If you wait for a shuttle, you could potentially be there a while.

Port parking is very convenient, and the bag porters will even help you to your car with your bags, at least they did back in the old days on our last cruise. When we arrived, DH dropped everyone and the bags off right at the curb and he went to park the car. Very convenient!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter