Arggggg... My reservation went poof? Now with Happy Ending!

Traveleer

Earning My Ears
Hey gang.

3 days ago I called in and made an inquiry for pricing for AKL with AP discount for my DH and I's honeymoon. The gentleman I spoke to (I believe his name was Scott) told me the $124.00 rate was note available but that they had the $150.00 rate for pool view. :cool1:

I said that was fine and to reserve that for me and that I would be calling back Mon-Tues to put down the deposit as I was waiting for a check to process. :blush:

He told me that would be fine and that it would stay in the system till the 21st and that they could just look it up by my phone number. I then logged into DIS that evening and changed my sig to reflect my success at securing a relativly romantic spot for a honeymoon. :love:

I called in this evening to make the payment and the woman I spoke with couldnt find the reservation/price hold and the only rooms available for AKL where now Savanaah view. :earseek: The woman put me on hold 3 times coming back and saying sorry she couldnt find anything and her hands where tied. I thanked her and hung up. :sad2:

I called back 10 minutes later and started speaking with a CSR named Bonita. I tell her the story about the reservation disappearing and she goes and researches it. She couldnt find it either. after 30 minutes of her checking and re-checking Dh and me give up and agree to CBR at the AP price. Just as Bonita is starting to take my credit card info she asks "Is this for anything special?" which I then retort "its our honeymoon..and my DH hasnt been to disney since she was 13!" :bride: pirate:

"Hold on Mr. Traveleer... let me check something else out." :sunny:

She gets back on the line "Mr. Traveleer.. I found your reservation from Sat. :wizard: but its for the Savanaah view not the pool view...at the higher price" :guilty:

Elation goes to grey hair so very fast. :guilty:

I say "well we might as well continue booking the CBR because I just cant afford that amount for the hotel." :confused3

Bonita says "Sir.. Im going to get you over to customer service now that we have the reservation number and they will be able to help you much better then I will with booking this vacation" :wave2:

She puts me on hold for several minutes then comes a back on the line and informs me shes handing me off to a service rep named.. and I kid you not Spring Hope. :sunny:

Spring apologises for the confusion..theres nothing available in the price that we were quoted at AKL but shes going to check with some people in the morning tommorow and see what she can do for us. She then gives her direct number and says that she will be calling me at 3pm tommorow. I finished the conversation saying that if she can get us into any other deluxe for the $150.00 or there abouts price range I would be happy with that. She thanked me for being flexible and then said I would hear from her tommorow afternoon.
:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Do they record calls and will be able to find the rep who promised me the $150.00 price? I'm more then a little frazzled and frustrated right now :scared:

That is soooo frustarating...I would def.need a few advil after that. I hope everything turns out well...let us know! :flower:

i kinda know how you feel i booked the first part om trip at pop the ressie was for 4 nites at the aaa rate . well good thing i called to inquire about magical express because the man who made my ressie had me down for only 3 nites and my first nite wasnt on there so we would have checked in and had no ressie for our first nite that would not have been a good way to start my vacation. well to top that off they now said my first nite which they had to put in there was not available at the aaa rate i said that was not fair because it was not my fault . so she came back on and said i made them give you your first nite at the aaa rate so yes they can give you your rate if they want to keep fightin it :umbrella: :umbrella:

The rule-of-thumb is, "always get it in writing," and so until I get it in writing (regardless of what "it" is), I never count on what anyone tells me over the telephone. There is so much probability of them misunderstanding me, or me misunderstanding them, or other perturbances affecting what we both understood together. Once I have it in writing, I've got an incontrovertible foundation for expecting the supplier to provide what they've promised.

How frustrating!!

You probably know this, but make them repeat what they reserved and the reservation #. And make sure you write it down. Sometimes communication can get confusing, as you know .

When I was a travel agent, the traveler would go over different scenerios, and then decide. I always went over the final decision, so that I understood what they wanted. And this prevented many mistakes from happening.

Hope it works out for you !!

Happy Honeymoon :bride: :bride:

Well anyone who modifies a reservation should also double check too. I had booked AAA rate for FQ, when AP rates came out they didn't have any left for FQ so I went over to CSR. Called back to take my dads room off our reservation and put him on the free dining plan because it was better for him in the long run and they had REFUNDED over 300 in payments I had made. It was a good thing I called back because I had a new one night deposit I had to make and my reservation would have disappered because I didn't know and wouldn't have made a payment. I assumed the 300 in payments I had would have been good since I was modifiying and not making a new reservation.

Anywho, I hope everything works out for you!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Just got the call from :cheer2: Spring Hope. :cheer2:

Shes got us the rate we wanted at AKL! I paid my deposit and got the registration number as well.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well see 2+ hours on the phone does pay off :)

Now to book the flight.. Purchase my AP.. so much to do so much to do.. and then theres that dang wedding thing in the way ;P

Congraulations!!! So glad you stuck with it and got what you were originally told about. Have a wonderful wedding and a wonderful Disney Honeymoon.

Yeah!! Your post had me running to check my ressie and thank goodness they were fine. I'm so happy for you! Have a wonderful wedding and a magical honeymoon! What a great way to start your new life together.

I'm so glad your hard work paid off for you. :banana:

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and have a magical time at WDW.

:wave:

Jodi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter