Ares travel

Trentmom

<font color=red>A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas
WDW vet here planning our first DL trip

I get a monthly newsletter from Mousesavers and they had a link in there for ARES TRAVEL to get discount tickets from.

I am wondering if they are equivalent to like using Undercover Tourist for WDW tickets, who are an excellent reputable company.

Buying tickets through ARES will save us about $60-70 dollars. That is not a huge savings, but ever bit helps.

So, has anyone ever used them and how was their service?

If you puchase through Area you will get your tickets and pay less for them. It will in the end cheat you and me out of something. This is why I find them unethical and won't use them.

If you puchase through Area you will get your tickets and pay less for them. It will in the end cheat you and me out of something. This is why I find them unethical and won't use them.

I read that twice and am still confused

What will it cheat me and you out of ? :goodvibes

I was thinking the same thing. Unless he's referring to Disney not getting the $??

That could be what they meant. There are so many companies that give discounts to Disney and Disney knows about them, so don't see the big deal :confused3

Have to see if the poster comes back and explains themselves more :goodvibes

I would think Disney would have to give them permission to sell the tix???
Therefore already making their money off the company.... But who knows

AAA has better discounts on Disneyland tickets than Ares Travel if you go into a AAA office.
Do you have to be a member of AAA to get these discounts? I was wondering about that as it would tend to negate any discount once you have paid for an annual membership to that group.

WDW vet here planning our first DL trip

I get a monthly newsletter from Mousesavers and they had a link in there for ARES TRAVEL to get discount tickets from.

I am wondering if they are equivalent to like using Undercover Tourist for WDW tickets, who are an excellent reputable company.

Buying tickets through ARES will save us about $60-70 dollars. That is not a huge savings, but ever bit helps.

So, has anyone ever used them and how was their service?

I checked the prices with ARES thru the Mousesavers link and found that tickets were only about $5 less than the prices on the official Disneyland site. For example for tickets valid thru 12/31/12 ARES states a 3 day Park Hopper is $209 adult/$193 child and the Disney site is $214/$198. Can you tell me how you are going to save $60-$70. TIA!

When it comes to tickets, no matter the savings, I stick with the source! I never have, and never will purchase tickets from a 3rd party because you never know what could go wrong. I would hate to get the gate and be turned away because the tickets I just purchased that were $5-$10 cheaper than the offical tickets were no good and the company I purchased from refuses to do anything about them.

Like another poster said, I only saw a difference of about $5 in the tickets from the Disney site to this travel site. If your only saving like $5, I would not risk it.

On the ARES Travel site, I noticed that the tickets they are offering have blackout dates. I checked my e-tickets from Disney Travel to make sure that it wasn't something that all of the special priced tickets had. Ours didn't have those blackout dates. Maybe that's how they can offer a (slight) discount from the Disney website?

I checked the prices with ARES thru the Mousesavers link and found that tickets were only about $5 less than the prices on the official Disneyland site. For example for tickets valid thru 12/31/12 ARES states a 3 day Park Hopper is $209 adult/$193 child and the Disney site is $214/$198. Can you tell me how you are going to save $60-$70. TIA!

I am looking at the 4 day park hopper Bonus ticket valid from May 29th-Dec 31, 2012(you receive one early entry day)

Gate Price for an adult is $249.00 per adult..

Ares Price is $229.00 Per adult

Gate Price for a child is $231.00 per child.

Ares Price is $211.00 Per child.

Two adults (DH and I) - 20 dollar savings times 2 =$40.00

1 Child (DS)- 20 dollars savings times 1 = $20.00

$40.00 + $20.00 = $60.00

That is where I am getting my savings from

Now I did not got to Disneyland official site, just going off Ares Site.

I would think Disney would have to give them permission to sell the tix???
Therefore already making their money off the company.... But who knows

Yeah, that is what I was thinking

AAA has better discounts on Disneyland tickets than Ares Travel if you go into a AAA office.

When it comes to tickets, no matter the savings, I stick with the source! I never have, and never will purchase tickets from a 3rd party because you never know what could go wrong. I would hate to get the gate and be turned away because the tickets I just purchased that were $5-$10 cheaper than the offical tickets were no good and the company I purchased from refuses to do anything about them.

Like another poster said, I only saw a difference of about $5 in the tickets from the Disney site to this travel site. If your only saving like $5, I would not risk it.

Yeah,. I wouldn't do it for that small of savings.

On the ARES Travel site, I noticed that the tickets they are offering have blackout dates. I checked my e-tickets from Disney Travel to make sure that it wasn't something that all of the special priced tickets had. Ours didn't have those blackout dates. Maybe that's how they can offer a (slight) discount from the Disney website?

Have to look at that..Thanks :goodvibes

I am looking at the 4 day park hopper Bonus ticket valid from May 29th-Dec 31, 2012(you receive one early entry day)

$40.00 + $20.00 = $60.00

See, the way they "trick" you into thinking this is a good deal is with the gate prices! If you check the Disneyland website, you will see that you can purchase the same tickets for $234 for the adult and $216 for the child. It is not worth the risk of buying the tickets from a 3rd party to save $5. If you buy from Ares site, you will still be buying them online and not at the gate, so just purchase your tickets online from the source and save yourself some trouble that might happen with your 3rd party tickets.

$40.00 + $20.00 = $60.00

Those are the gate price that they are comparing it to, but go to Disneyland.com and compare for yourself. Disneyland offers a discount for buying from them online in advance, which is where the other posters' comparisons of only $5 is coming from. I'm another one that only buys straight from the source.

Thanks to everyone who posted helpful advice.

I will just stick with buying them straight from Disneyland

:flower3:

Do you have to be a member of AAA to get these discounts? I was wondering about that as it would tend to negate any discount once you have paid for an annual membership to that group.

Yep, you do need to be a AAA member in order to get the AAA discount. We live in AZ, so my #s in my calculations is based on the Arizona AAA website. Here's the info:

http://www.az.aaa.com/attraction_tickets/ticketflier.pdf

It's no different than buying movie tickets on Fandango or a hotel on Expedia. If Ares wants to sacrifice their profit on the tickets to get you to the site, where you might but a more profitable package- why not? I have bought tickets from them many times, no issues. They are a reputable travel agency. It's not like you're paying the devil to get into heaven...

Thanks to everyone who posted helpful advice.

I will just stick with buying them straight from Disneyland

:flower3:

I normally do the same thing, with specials and such, but we also used Costco Travel once and got the same Disney Discounts being offered, but got some nice fringe benefits, such as a free character meal voucher and some nice luggage tags and a preferred seating at Aladdin. Worth checking if you are a member imo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter