Area next to Dole Whip vendor

DisneyDetective

DIS Veteran
There was an area next to the Dole Whip vendor Aloha Isle that had seating and fans to stay cool, has it been turned into a meet & greet?
Really enjoyed chilling out there (and maybe having a Dole Whip).

There was an area next to the Dole Whip vendor Aloha Isle that had seating and fans to stay cool, has it been turned into a meet & greet?
Really enjoyed chilling out there (and maybe having a Dole Whip).

Do you mean the DSA?

The area is just past Aloha, and looks like an alcove that wouldn't be out of place in New Orleans (At least it always makes ME think of Nawlins)

If the area in question is toward the hub, it might be the Adventureland Terrace. This used to be a Quick Service restaurant. Look on you tube and historical accounts for morr information. We ate there many years ago and sat at a table near the canal where we could see folks coming in and out of Adventureland. Good food and good atmousphere. It has closed and I think it is used for meet-n-greet and some cast member activities.

The area you're referring to has been used at a M&G in the past (Aladdin/Jasmine have been there during parties, Ariel was there while the bridge was under construction), but it is not currently a M&G.

Here's an image for reference for others:

2009 MNSSHP

Jas%3AAladdin.png

I was going to start a new thread and ask about Dole Whips, but maybe I can get an answer here. I grew up going to DL, but never, ever had a Dole Whip, I learned the error of my ways after moving away, and was excited to see WDW also had them, so planned on having one there. I go look it up and there's various flavors and Dole Whip floats. What was is the true, original Dole Whip experience :cool2:

The seating area is still there. My son and I enjoyed a Dole Whip there 2 days ago.

I was going to start a new thread and ask about Dole Whips, but maybe I can get an answer here. I grew up going to DL, but never, ever had a Dole Whip, I learned the error of my ways after moving away, and was excited to see WDW also had them, so planned on having one there. I go look it up and there's various flavors and Dole Whip floats. What was is the true, original Dole Whip experience :cool2:

When most people say Dole Whip they probably mean the Pineapple flavor. But its like how do you like your hot dogs. (Chili, cheese and onions for me:thumbsup2)

I think Aloha Isle has three machines. Chocolate with vanilla, Orange with vanilla and Pineapple with vanilla. So you can get a swirl of vanilla with each.

For me the true Dole Whip experience is a Pineapple float in pineapple juice. You can also go crazy and get a pineapple spear too for dunking.

The area you're referring to has been used at a M&G in the past (Aladdin/Jasmine have been there during parties, Ariel was there while the bridge was under construction), but it is not currently a M&G.

Here's an image for reference for others:

2009 MNSSHP

Jas%3AAladdin.png

Its is now a M&G greet for the fairies. We met Terrance Vidia and Tink therein May and last December

Its is now a M&G greet for the fairies. We met Terrance Vidia and Tink therein May and last December

Nope - Tinker Bell's Nook is INSIDE - this spot is outdoors with a covering. 2 different locations, but themed very similar as they are near each other ;)

Here are my twins at one of the tables about to enjoy a citrus swirl and vanilla pineapple float:
IMG_0206.jpg

When most people say Dole Whip they probably mean the Pineapple flavor. But its like how do you like your hot dogs. (Chili, cheese and onions for me:thumbsup2)

I think Aloha Isle has three machines. Chocolate with vanilla, Orange with vanilla and Pineapple with vanilla. So you can get a swirl of vanilla with each.

For me the true Dole Whip experience is a Pineapple float in pineapple juice. You can also go crazy and get a pineapple spear too for dunking.

Thanks!

Can't wait to try my first one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter