Are you worried about exposure to electromagnetic radiation?

Are you concerned about electromagnetic radiation at WDW?

• No, not at all.

• Somewhat. It's not natural.

• Yes. EMR fields are not healthy for you.

• Absolutely! I'm afraid the concentrated RFID and WiFi will cause some currently unknown damage.

• Other. (because someone said there ALWAYS has to be an "other").

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have a laptop and phone next to me the majority of the day. I even sleep with them because I like to fall asleep watching Stargate SG-1 on Amazon Prime while playing Gnome Village. Yes, I have issues and no, my husband hasn't divorced me yet. ;)

My credit cards probably already have RFID chips in them and I have wifi in my house not to mention it is at every store I go to. I grew up playing with the lead and mercury that my father brought home from his work fixing x-ray machines. We wouldn't let me touch the mercury, but I was allowed to push it around with cardboard to see the cohesive property of it. I would sometimes go to work with him on Saturdays and he would let me x-ray random things. Sometimes my mom took me to work with her on Saturdays at a hospital laboratory. When the phlebotomists weren't using me as a guinea pig, I was playing with random laboratory equipment and petri dishes. I figure I'm on borrowed time as it is, what's a little more exposure at this point?

I have an aluminum foil helmet that I plan on wearing to the parks. Thinking about adding some viking horns to go with it.

Switch up those viking horns for Mickey Ears and I think you could market that to Disney for their next Limited Time Magic offer.

Under option 4 whats "concentated rfid and wi fi? Sounds like something made up by the people selling foil hats. :)

There is a pretty well reasoned response to this question here: http://www.inria.fr/en/centre/lille/news/is-rfid-dangerous

The thing to remember is that the MagicBands don't have a power source and are only energized by exposure to a reader. That reader puts out a field of high frequency radio waves that dissipate into insignificance at about a foot away from the device.

I'm far more concerned with the mind control used by the animatronic seaguls at the Nemo attraction in Epcot.

of the very few things in life I waste time & energy
worrying about, these things will never make the list

I'd be more worried about artificial sweeteners, cancer causing shampoo, diesel fumes etc than magic bands.

There is a pretty well reasoned response to this question here: http://www.inria.fr/en/centre/lille/news/is-rfid-dangerous

The thing to remember is that the MagicBands don't have a power source and are only energized by exposure to a reader. That reader puts out a field of high frequency radio waves that dissipate into insignificance at about a foot away from the device.

I'm far more concerned with the mind control used by the animatronic seaguls at the Nemo attraction in Epcot.

They actually do have a small battery and a very low power transmitter, much less than your cell phone which many people may not realize transmits all the time, even when not on a call.

RFID and wifi are already part of my daily life, so I'm not that worried.

Ditto. I have an RFID key I have to use to access rooms at work all day, and we have wifi in the office as well. It's probably more concentrated here at work than it is in the parks.

I'd be more worried about artificial sweeteners, cancer causing shampoo, diesel fumes etc than magic bands.

.....Tomatoes packed in aluminum cans.....

.....Red dye #2......

.....Vaccinations.....

.....Deodorants....

.....Microwave ovens.....

......Plastic containers......

It's conclusive - everything causes cancer!:flower3:

cobright said:

Mine, mine, mine, mine......I don't know what you mean........;)

I have my own personal, portable Faraday cage! Full body protection baby, not just the limited head protection offered by my old tinfoil hat!

I am a bit concerned about fitting into ride vehicles though.....

They actually do have a small battery and a very low power transmitter, much less than your cell phone which many people may not realize transmits all the time, even when not on a call.

Indeed, you're right. Actually it has one of each, a hf RFID (13.56 MHz) that is energized by the reader and another 2.4 ghz transmitter that uses a battery.

Not worried at all. As PPs have said, what are a few more rays/waves passing through me going to do?

I have my own personal, portable Faraday cage! Full body protection baby, not just the limited head protection offered by my old tinfoil hat!

I am a bit concerned about fitting into ride vehicles though.....

Oh that's what I need and it's so stylish too. :rotfl2:
You could Disney-ize it (after paying a licensing fee) and make a mint selling them as people enter DW. :thumbsup2

Electromagnetic radiation is the perfect dessert course after a healthy dose of ionizing radiation on the flight down!

Matt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter