• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are you there now? What is the best thing you did 7/4?

OB1

May the Ears be with you
Wanting to hear what was your favorite thing on a busy day. Thinking about this time next year, so time to start planning.

Well, my family and I went with some friends up to Shennendoah National Park. We had an interesting picnic (had the bread and toppings but forgot the meat and cheese for the sandwiches) and then went hiking. It was a bit warm but a great day and a great time. We hiked the Dark Hollow Falls trail, and it was beautiful. My DD and I were standing there, looking up at it from the bottom and when I commented we both realized we were thinking the same thing. "It almost looks like Disney built it!" :) :scratchin I'm starting to think we have a problem!

(sorry, not a "there now" story but I thought the Disney connection was funny if not sad.)

My sister and BIL came over the night of the 3rd, and we watched the "late" MK fireworks from our balcony at CR. On the 4th, since BIL is a bit of a WDW newbie when it comes to the MK area, we visited Poly and GF and went over to Whispering Canyon for lunch. It was a nice relaxing family oriented day that avoided the big crowds in the parks. They had to leave yesterday afternoon, but I enjoyed the 4th MK fireworks on my balcony again. The best part of it was that I went out about 8:30 to give my camera time to adjust to the temperature and humidity outdoors, and all along the horizon I could see the fireworks displays of the different communities around central Florida. So there was this ring of fireworks all around and then the Disney fireworks on top of that. Today I've done some more resort hopping and photography and just relaxed on the balcony. The monorails and ferries have been packed with people headed to the park today, but I'm enjoying some great peace and quiet.

The best thing to do on a super busy day at WDW is get to a park at rope drop and walk out a few hours later when the rest of the visitors are just entering. :lmao:

No, seriously, we hit MK yesterday and knew it would be crazy, but we wanted to celebrate our July 4th with a visit to Hall of Presidents and lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. We got to MK at about ten minutes after rope drop, did all of Tomorrowland (minus Stitch) without waits, rode the teacups, strolled over to HoP and enjoyed the show, had a great lunch at LTT, and walked out of the park around 1.

If we'd been staying on property, we would have gone back to the resort for a bit of swimming, then closed out another park with a nice dinner and some sight-seeing.

It's completely possible to have a great time at Disney, even in crazy crowds, with a tiny bit of planning and a good attitude! :thumbsup2

I went to Epcot - honestly it wasn't too bad - but it rained in the afternoon and that kind of cleared out the crowds. I was surprised - I did Soarin with fastpass, Universe of Energy, Spaceship Earth, Imagination, The Land, strolled around the World Showcase - Mexico boat ride, Maelstrom - concert at the American Pavilion was cancelled due to weather - so it didn't feel much different than any other day at Epcot. Fireworks were good - little longer than usual. I don't like the parks when they are over crowded but this was good - the weather made a huge difference.

I finally saw the fireworks at MK and Epcot.

MK was on the third and they were very good. It wasn't more crowded than normal summertime, but it was the third and it did rain.

Epcot's were much better. Unbelievably crowded, but better.

MK was on the third and they were very good. It wasn't more crowded than normal summertime, but it was the third and it did rain.

Good to hear about EPCOT. Certainly an easier park to visit on a super busy day.

THANKS ALL for your ideas & reports

OMG, we were there at the same time.:) we did MK on 3rd and were waiting infront of the castle sort of, to the left from wheelchair reserved area. Where were you standing?

OMG, we were there at the same time.:) we did MK on 3rd and were waiting infront of the castle sort of, to the left from wheelchair reserved area. Where were you standing?
In that area of the entrance to Tomorrowland.

If I had known, I'd have hunted you down, lol. It was a long wait!

We spent most of the wait listening to nephew saying he TOLD us he wanted to stand in the line to ride Space Mountain and we might not make our 9:30-10:30 window. We were two minutes late...they let us through.

We could have argued about FP!! ;) :teeth:

Did you go to Epcot for the 4th?

In that area of the entrance to Tomorrowland.

If I had known, I'd have hunted you down, lol. It was a long wait!

We spent most of the wait listening to nephew saying he TOLD us he wanted to stand in the line to ride Space Mountain and we might not make our 9:30-10:30 window. We were two minutes late...they let us through.

We could have argued about FP!! ;) :teeth:

Did you go to Epcot for the 4th?

:lmao: We definitely could. If only we knew. You could easily spot me as I was the only one(I think in entire park) wearing my ears over the hood to amusement to people around me, LOL. It was a long wait and we were all clapping for every new lighting. It was so much fun. Show was great, just as I remembered it, standing inside firework, so cool.

My family was in Epcot for the 4th, I ran to get us FPs for Soarin' and they were worth it! Such a great ride! We also did Nemo, Mission: Space, and Live w/ Land- all paled in comparison. Best part of night was July 4th IllumiNations: Heartbeat of Freedom (4th special)

The fireworks at HS were the best Disney Fireworks I have ever seen and I have seen double digits in both DL and WDW.
Mulch, Sweat and Shears were in 15 minutes into a set and then they did a Jimi Hendrix style "Star Spangled Banner" and then POW 15-20 minutes straight of them rocking with the fireworks going off with an incredible finale to "Freebird"

As an added bonus we got almost the full show of the Epcot fireworks from the parking lot going out (no music of course).

We did not enter HS to about 3:00 pm and had a great time - saw Muppets, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Disney Channel Rocks show, rode Star Tours, TSM and RnR, ate at the 50's Prime Time and hung out in front of the Hat from 8:15 - 10:15 (2 M,S & T sets and a very fun DJ).

My kids all said it was the best 4th ever. We are DVC members and go to WDW a lot (Never in July before) and had a day to remember.

kaligal...*you* say EPCOT was "unbelievably crowded" while the poster before you said it "honestly wasn't bad"(the crowds).

I'm so confused!

kaligal...*you* say EPCOT was "unbelievably crowded" while the poster before you said it "honestly wasn't bad"(the crowds).

I'm so confused!

It was the one and only time I've done Epcot on the 4th. It was unbelievably crowded that night when compared with all my other times in the WS...but it is very possible that other 4ths are even worse.

Doing it once doesn't make me any kind of expert and I defer to those with more experience! :)

MK fireworks on July 3rd...we were stationed with wheelchair down Main Street towards Castle on right side where the street starts to go into the cul-de-sac (in front of the snack stand). We waited through the rains and the delay of the fireworks, which ended up starting a little after 10pm. Fireworks were fabulous!! Near the end of the show, we were surrounded 360-degrees by fireworks. On return to WL, boat captain explained there were upwards of 42k guests in MK and that we should expect MK to stop accepting guests on the 4th at around noon when they reached capacity...90k plus. We heard MK hit capacity on 4th at around 5p/6p -- we think the afternoon rain had some effect. Boat captain also explained that WDW holds 2 MK displays - on the 3rd thinking that this will be mostly resort guests, on the 4th thinking that this is date local Floridians will choose to come to MK.

Epcot fireworks on July 4th...we were stationed between Italy and America. Most fireworks were in center lake, then display behind America. Finale was prolonged and deafening with dual display in lake and behind America. Phenomenal!

We thought both displays were fantastic!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter