Are you staying home this Memorial Day weekend?

Are you staying home this Memorial Day weekend?

• Yes.

• Yes, but not because of gas prices.

• No.

• No, but we're not going far.

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
We don't normally go anywhere Memorial Day weekend but this year we WOULD have gone to a graduation party for the son of some very good friends of ours but they live 4 hours away, we wouldn't really get to spend any time with them because they will be busy with everyone and with gas prices being high, we will go when we can spend more quality time with them.

We'll be at home this weekend as well. My daughter's dance recital is tonight, and we plan to spend the rest of the weekend doing some garage cleanup and other assorted house stuff. I don't like to travel during busy holiday weekends.

Yes but not because of gas prices. We're packing for our WDW trip!!!

So sad, this is the first time in years that we did not have a trip planned for the day school dismissed. Unfortunately DH is scheduled towork most of the next two weeks so we'll probably do things like hang out in the hot tub, swim or go up to Callaway Gardens. Both girls are into skating now so I'll probably be spending time at the rink.

I am staying home. I have been sick. I still have a full tank of gas! lol

but if I was not sick, I would do something...

ME TOO!!! I have the worst head cold.

DS#1 is off to NYC for a NCL cruise to the Bahamas! :cool1:
DS#2 is spending the weekend in the great state of Maine with his college buddies, staying at his grandparents home on Drakes Island :beach: and called to say everyone is headed to BEANS and CABELLAS! :cool1:
#3) DH flew out Monday to So Cal for the start of his new job! :cool1:

So I am home alone, sick BUT loving the peace and quiet. :goodvibes

Staying home and not going to use the cars all weekend.

Yes and no--we're not going out of town for the weekend, but we are planning to make a daytrip to St. Augustine Beach (2 hours away). (The beach at the state park there is never overly crowded, not even on holidays :love: ).

We're not going out of town this weekend because we were just at WDW last weekend (crazy us--it was way too hot). So we're bringing a couple of pizzas over to some friends' house for an evening of food, music, and games, then heading to the beach tomorrow or Monday, for the day.

The gas prices are not keeping us home--yet. I do think twice about day trips to the beach, though--it costs $25.00--$30.00 in gas alone. It hasn't stopped me from going to the beach yet, but I let my friends pay for parking if I did the driving! :)

Cleaning garage and basement here. Hoping to find yard sale items to pay for my gasoline this summer. sigh

This is our first weekend "off" in about two or three months where we can actually catch up on house work (already cleaned out the fridge today!) and rest a bit from running around. We aren't going anywhere! Peace and quiet - besides the house cleaning - will be much welcomed.

Yes, but I don't think I've ever left home Memorial Day. This year I'm working, but I am looking foward to the holiday pay.

We are home today and Monday, but tomorrow, Corey and I will be out on the road. I have a new Majesty 400 scooter that just is begging to get back out on the road. Corey has a motorcycle and even though I am "scooter trash" she does enjoy riding with me. I am not sure where the day will take us, but at least we won't be stuck at home.

Yes, we're staying home, but not because of gas prices.

I wanted to go to Cedar Point or on a camping trip, but the more I thought of it, the more I just wanted to relax at home.

Instead, we're spending time at home, with family, and with friends.

DF's out washing his car, I'm in here on the computer (something I NEVER have time to do), and I am about to go out and sit on the deck with him. Tonight we're meeting up with friends.

With the money we would have spent going out of town, we're spending on eating out and going out.

We are not going anywhere this weekend but it has nothing to do with the cost of fuel. Sunday we are having a big BBQ/ pool party. This weekend is also our areas bike "blowout".

I selected "other". We are not going out of town. However, tomorrow we will drive 150 miles round trip to see my 89 year old grandmother. We make this trip every month or so.

DH is on-call so we are home bound. Which is fine we have plenty of yard work to do, great foods to grill and we are saving gas. :sunny:

I work with the tourist industry in Williamsburg, so this weekend until wednesday I have to work. But even if I didn't I wouldn't be going away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter