• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are You Seeing an Increase in Bardledoo? Sure am! July 2011 *Updated 10/9 pg. 9*

MickeyisBeast

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone and welcome to my umpteenth TR (I've just lost track at how many I've written whoops)

This trip was loads of fun, and I had a great time, so I'm really excited to share it all with you! I hope you read along, and comment too.

Just a quick recap, if you didn't read my PTR
Who: Me, my parents, and my two brothers
Where: CBR and the Polynesian
When: July 18-24 2011

I guess I should go ahead and explain the title of my TR right now, since it really doesn't happen at just one specific time in the trip- but instead was said over the entire trip.
"Are you seeing an increase in [lateral forces]?" "Sure am!"
Is a line that comes from the pre-show of Test Track. My brothers just found it a funny line and would say it repeatedly!
the "Bardledoo" part is from a youtube video we watched before our trip, and my brothers and dad have taken to saying it all the time. If you're that interested in watching the video, click here.
I basically just took the two most popular "sayings" of our trip and combined them together (;

*There are around 1000 pictures for this trip, most taken by me, but a lot were taken by my mom/brothers on my mom's camera. So some pictures may repeat, if we both took pictures of the same thing. In which case I'll just pick the better picture!*

Now on to business, let's get the 9-hour drive down to Orlando out of the way.

Early on Monday, July 18th, my parents were busy packing up the car with all of our luggage. Around 5:45 (later than planned) my brothers and I were woken up. We got dressed and grabbed our bags with electronics to put by our seats. The dog had been dropped off at camp the day before, so we didn't have to worry about him.

My countdown was finally at it's end!
DSC01497.jpg

By 6 am we were off on the road.
And everyone in the back instantly fell asleep :P At least it made the car ride seem shorter since we slept through most of it!
IMG_9359-1.jpg

IMG_9360-1.jpg

Once we got well into South Carolina, we stopped at a Chick-fil-a for breakfast!
IMG_9361.jpg

It was really nice- very clean, nice bathrooms, and looked newer. We gobbled down some chicken biscuits and were back on the road in no time.

We soon came across an interesting sight
IMG_9362.jpg

A truck carrying HUGE tires!
IMG_9363.jpg

My brother, J, on his laptop
IMG_9364.jpg

Hello Florida!
IMG_9365.jpg

Three hours later, look where we ended up!
IMG_9366.jpg

IMG_9367.jpg

DSC01500.jpg

IMG_9368.jpg

And not too long later, we got to our first stop
IMG_9369.jpg

IMG_9370.jpg

DSC01502.jpg

CBR!

Would our room be ready? What would we do first?

DAY 1 (Monday, July 18th)
Chapter 1- Upgrade from an Upgrade PART 1
Chapter 2- Upgrade from an Upgrade PART 2
Chapter 3- Tomatoes are a No-No
Chapter 4- The Quest for Annual Passes
Chapter 5- I Break the Curse

DAY 2 (Tuesday, July 19th)
Chapter 6- Mexican Fiesta PART 1
Chapter 7- Mexican Fiesta PART 2
Chapter 8- Fast Track PART 1
Chapter 9- Fast Track PART 2
Chapter 10- Kid Rock!

DAY 3 (Wednesday, July 20th)
Chapter 11- Vito's Chop Shop
Chapter 12- Bad Ways to spend Arcade Tickets
Chapter 13- The Call PART 1
Chapter 14- The Call PART 2
Chapter 15- The Race Is On

Off Topic: OCTOBER TRIP

I'm here! :-)

I wonder what those wheels could possibly be used for. THEY'RE HUGE!

So excited to read about your trip:goodvibes

Funny how fast a drive can seem when you sum it up in pics...however I know it can be a long drive from NC!

So excited to read about your trip:goodvibes

Funny how fast a drive can seem when you sum it up in pics...however I know it can be a long drive from NC!

:D
I can sum up a good 9 hour trip in just a few pictures- if only the actual trip was like that haha

DAY 1

My mom and J went to go check us in and came back to the car with great news. We had been upgraded to a preferred room with a water view! Which was sort of odd, since we had upgraded from the POP Century to CBR, but hey- awesome for us!

DSC01510.jpg

We drove a short distance to the parking lot outside of our building
DSC01507.jpg

DSC01508.jpg

And then we were at Building 31, 1st floor, Room 3132
DSC01509.jpg

Our room:
DSC01511.jpg

DSC01512.jpg

DSC01513.jpg

DSC01515.jpg

DSC01516.jpg

DSC01517.jpg

DSC01518.jpg

DSC01519.jpg

IMG_9372.jpg

DSC01520.jpg

DSC01522.jpg

DSC01523.jpg

And our view (we had a corner room)
to the right:
DSC01524.jpg

DSC01527.jpg

to the left:
DSC01525.jpg

After unpacking and settling into the room a little bit, it was nearly 3 o'clock
DSC01532.jpg

Joe really wanted to go to the pool, so we all changed into our swim suits and headed for the pool- which was also close by

DSC01537.jpg

DSC01539.jpg

DSC01541.jpg

*continued in next post*

DSC01543.jpg

DSC01544.jpg

DSC01547.jpg

I sat down and tanned while everyone else went swimming- swimming's not my thing.
IMG_9377.jpg

IMG_9378.jpg

But my brothers soon joined me
IMG_9374.jpg

If you noticed my cup (which matched my bathing suit hehe) my parents went to get them while we were at the pool. I really like these cups. I got pink and so did my mom, and my dad and J got black, and Joe got blue.

After swimming for a bit, we went back to the room to get changed. We had some place to be, and some Annual Passes to get!

Awesome update,Sara!

Your room is gorgeous! I'd love to stay at Caribbean Beach someday.

Can't wait to read the next update! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter