Are You Having a Christmas Party at Your House This Year?

DVCLiz

<font color=00cc00>That's me - proud defender of t
I am!! I volunteered to host the annual Book Club Christmas party at my house this year. It seemed like a great idea last year...:scared1:

The flowers are here, the wine glasses and coat rack have been rented and delivered, the wine is purchased, the caterer knows what my kitchen is like and how much of everything to prepare, and I am almost finished decorating for Christmas with our personal stuff - the artificial tree is up and decorated, and the "real" tree needs lights and decorations (tomorrow's job.)

I have some last-minute errands to run and some silver to polish, and then I'm ready, I think.

I know it will be a great party (it's a cocktail buffet for 36) but I am stressing now. The day after I will be so happy - clean house, great leftovers, and a whole week of nothing to get ready for!!

Are you having a party this season??

Yes, about 60 guests. We will be asking our guests to remove their shoes upon entering our house. :lmao:

Are you going to let them drink red wine??

Well, I had a cookie decorating party for DD this past Saturday.

It was her and three other friends (and their Mommies). My mom came and stayed with us for the weekend and my in-laws drove down too.

It went GREAT! I was amazed at how well it turned out. I can be a bit of a planner and Type A, but in all seriousness, my planning comes from my Elementary Education background and being prepared and pro-active. The kids all had a good time, and I got tons of compliments from the moms. They really liked the party and thanked me for coming up with it. I definitely want to do it again next year.

So there's my party.

We live at the end of a cul-de-sac, and all the neighbors are good friends. We are doing a progressive dinner this Saturday night, so we will be stopping off at each house for a while. I will be first in line, since I got the appetizer course.

We will be doing Christmas activities, too- games, gift exchange, etc.

We had ours on the 4th ~ about 30 people ~ and it even snowed! It rarely snows here and almost never in December :santa:

Christmas Eve yes.

I have no idea what serve the kids and there parents. I sure it will something cheap and simple.

I never heard of a progressive party. What a great idea!:thumbsup2

I'm hosting a Christmas dinner party at my house next week for about 25 people, mostly my husbands fellow officers and their wives. I love to cook and I'm not nervous about it, but that may change when the doorbell rings for the first time that night!

To the OP, it's great you're catering. We'll see how my cooking works for everyone, otherwise it's being catered if I do this next year.

No.

We are not even decorating or getting a tree. DD16 is/has been in Children's hospital for 6 weeks now and we will not be having Christmas without her. We haven't even had Thanksgiving yet. :sad1:

I had my annual cookie exchange on the 3rd. This is the first year I had it catered and I'm never going back!!!

It was so much more fun without slaving away in the kitchen!

No.

We are not even decorating or getting a tree. DD16 is/has been in Children's hospital for 6 weeks now and we will not be having Christmas without her. We haven't even had Thanksgiving yet. :sad1:

:sad1: I hope your dd will be home soon.

We have an annual christmas party for the kids the sunday before christmas where we do a bunch of crafts, decorate gingerbread men and eat lots of food. We have 17 kids invited (16 parents)

We are having a New Year's party this year instead, for a bunch of teenagers.

We had our big party last Saturday. We managed to pack about 100 people in the house. I cooked everything myself. I had a cookie decorating table and a craft table for the kiddos. We had a blast! We have a group of about 30 middle schoolers from our church coming to our house this Sunday for their Christmas party. Love it!

Yes, this Saturday. My husband's friends and some neighbors, 25 to 30 people in all. My husband and his friends are all musicians, so at some point in the evening we'll have entertainment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter