Are you freaking kidding me?! A Magical Proposal and Trip! Aug/2012 TR

Joining in here. Congrats on your engagement!pixiedust: Love all your pictures. My DD dream is to get engaged and married at WDW.

The hat lady sounds like a blast. How have I not heard of her?:confused3

The food looked good, I really want to try those Jaffa Tarts, they sound really good.

Congratulations on your engagement!!! :goodvibes: How fun to be totally surprised like that!!! What fun to celebrate with all the characters AND the famous hat lady also!!

Looking forward to more adventures!

I'm joining in! Congrats on your engagement! So exciting! I would have loved to have gotten engaged in front of the castle. My husband doesn't share my love for Disney. It's funny because before I became a stay at home mom, I was a preschool teacher and my husband is a police officer for the Secret Service. Can't wait to read more of your trip!

Joining in!! Congrats on your engagement!!:goodvibes We celebrated our engagement at Disney, too (although we didn't get engaged there), and it was a blast! Wait until the Disneymoon (if you have one), the characters are wonderful!

Can't wait to keep reading!

Joining in here. Congrats on your engagement!pixiedust: Love all your pictures. My DD dream is to get engaged and married at WDW.

Hi and welcome!! Thank you so much! It's a pretty good dream, and I'm glad it happened that way, just shocked DF was so in tune with what I "secretly" wanted and did it perfectly ;)

The hat lady sounds like a blast. How have I not heard of her?:confused3

The food looked good, I really want to try those Jaffa Tarts, they sound really good.

She is a lot of fun! You'll have to go see her next time you're there! :thumbsup2

The food was, and always is delicious! And the jaffa tarts are very good, a must try! :goodvibes Thanks for reading along!!

Congratulations on your engagement!!! :goodvibes: How fun to be totally surprised like that!!! What fun to celebrate with all the characters AND the famous hat lady also!!

Looking forward to more adventures!

Thank you so much! It was a definite surprise, that kept me quiet for the better part of the day- trying to soak it all in! :rotfl: The characters were the best! I think I need to celebrate all of my special occasions there just so that I can have that fun interaction again with them!

I'm joining in! Congrats on your engagement! So exciting! I would have loved to have gotten engaged in front of the castle. My husband doesn't share my love for Disney. It's funny because before I became a stay at home mom, I was a preschool teacher and my husband is a police officer for the Secret Service. Can't wait to read more of your trip!

That is really funny! We must think alike! Thank you for the nice words, I'm glad you're reading along! And you'll have to hook him in some way, I thought DF would've been tough- now he's a sucker for it!

Joining in!! Congrats on your engagement!!:goodvibes We celebrated our engagement at Disney, too (although we didn't get engaged there), and it was a blast! Wait until the Disneymoon (if you have one), the characters are wonderful!

Can't wait to keep reading!

WELCOME! Thank you very much!! It's really wonderful celebrating there isn't it? Nothing like it! Congratulations on your very Disney occasions as well- and yes, there will definitely be a Disneymoon, no question- so I will be looking forward to that! ::yes::

100_0661.jpg

On our fourth big park day, we were scheduled to go to Animal Kingdom. Now, let me explain our ideas about this park before I get into our day- we were disappointed with it the first time around in 2009, this time, during the duration of my planning, I discovered lots of things that we missed the first time (ie- Festival of the Lion King, Camp Minnie Mickey, Kali River Rapids, etc..) so I was going to give it another fighting chance at impressing us. Well, it rained, and when I say rain, I mean down pour for the entire day. You know how they say it only rains an hour, two at the most in FL- this was a day that that didn't hold true. We were soaked through and through, and the first time in '09 when we came, it rained! There's some kind of omen about this park for us!

We arrived and it hadn't started to rain yet, we were in the clear, for now! We went with this crowd and headed to Kilmanjaro Safari,

100_0668.jpg

we waited a few minutes in line before boarding and then the rain started! I had the not so accurate thought that "Hey, great, by the time we get off, the rain will have stopped!" :rotfl: Wishful thinking!

100_0674.jpg

We saw some great animals, and this ride is always a lot of fun, despite the rain!

We put up my brand new Vera Bradley umbrella that I bought in DD and headed for FOLK in Camp Minnie Mickey. It was pouring and we were troopers, along with everyone else waiting patiently for the rope to be dropped so we could get through! They dropped one rope, which led to another rope, dropped that rope, which led to a row of closed doors. It was a tease and we were soaked already! Just open the doors already! After 20 minutes, the CM's opened up and we were seated 2 rows back in the giraffe section. This show is a lot of fun and I'm really glad we caught it this time! High energy and a lot of talent! I loved the tumbling monkeys!

Here's our mascot...

100_0730.jpg

and those bouncing monkeys,

100_0737.jpg

Great show, must do again! :thumbsup2

100_0729.jpg

Sorry about the blurry shots- we had bought a Kodak PlaySport for this trip, which for the most part, I loved- quick to take pictures and switch over to video and back, but there is no flash and we had a lot of blurry pictures, but the show was fast paced too, so I'll forgive it this time!

We left there and saw that Baloo and King Louie did not have a big line and we hopped on it right away! One of my must dos for this trip was to get a picture with Baloo, he is one of my favorites! :goodvibes I loved Tale Spin when I was younger and I had to get it!

I'm glad DF let me be closest to him ;)

Photo0156FourBySix-1.jpg

By this time, the rain was not letting up, but we hiked over to It's Tough to be a Bug!, one of our must dos! Thank goodness this one was inside and there was no wait! It's such a cute and funny show- and the stinger shocks me every time, no matter how hard I try to prepare for it! :rotfl:

We traveled through Asia, DF had told me that he may or may not go on EE, so I didn't have any anticipation of him riding, especially since he told me he wasn't feeling well now, so I went on the single-rider line, which by the way, is the best way to ride! And I got right on! What a great ride! It was much quicker than I remembered though, and it gave me a bit of headache afterward. DF had a headache too, and I think the weather was to blame. Rainy weather gives me the worst ones! :sad2: We headed toward Dino Land and we moved quickly to find cover AND food! Hopefully it would help these headaches! I had heard a lot of good things about Restaurantosaurus, so we ate there...I couldn't find any pictures of our food, I think I remember saying it was the same type of food we've had elsewhere so I didn't take any- :confused3 Sorry! I'm a bad trip writer! :rotfl: I had the chicken breast nuggets, which really, with honey mustard, you can't go wrong! And DF had a burger, both were pretty good and the restaurant was big enough that lots of people took cover and there was still room to sit and hide out for a while, which we did!

Before leaving AK, there was one ride that we HAD to do! Can you guess what it was! We were at Restaurantosaurus so it was nearby!

DINOSAUR!

This ride scares the (you know what) out of me, but I love it! I didn't remember how pitch black it gets! It's so good! It was time to head back, shower, and get into some dry clothes!

After giving AK another try, we liked it, but we still agree that it's a half day kind of park for us. I really enjoyed the FOLK- but it was way to rainy out and we couldn't really do much of anything else, especially since so much of the park is outside!

Getting back to our room meant FINALLY breaking out that Butterfinger cupcake that we put in the fridge last night! We could only try the Chocolate Peanut Butter one before we called it quits the night before so I was super excited to have a treat before heading out again for dinner!

100_0899.jpg

Can we say rich? sweet? and chocolatey? Holy Moly was it good, but it was just so rich! I think you almost have to acquire a taste for some of these Disney treats- they may cause a cavity, or two, or three as soon as you bite into them! I loved the Butterfinger topping, it hardened and was crunchy and delicious!

One more thing before I go on to writing about our Morroccan meal- we got changed and made it to the caricature artist in our lobby! I think she did a cute job and she was a lot of fun to talk to- it took about 20 minutes, not too bad and we got a great souvenir!

100_0898.jpg

Sorry there weren't many foodie pictures, they'll be coming soon I promise! :goodvibes

I'm sorry that you have rain everytime you go to AK! It isn't my favorite park either. We are 1/2 day people as well. I just want to go in long enough to ride EE, Kali and Donosaur! and then I'm good to go!

Looks like a yummy cupcake!

Congratulations!! :goodvibes You're doing a terrific job on your first trip report. You ate at some great restaurants - really interested in hearing about Restaurant Marrakesh- and sounds like you got plenty of pixie dust moments. pixiedust:

And do I read correctly that you're planning a "Disneymoon?" So fun! :yay:

Keeping my fingers crossed for your DF that he hears from the police academy soon!

I'm sorry that you have rain everytime you go to AK! It isn't my favorite park either. We are 1/2 day people as well. I just want to go in long enough to ride EE, Kali and Donosaur! and then I'm good to go!

Looks like a yummy cupcake!

It's definitely a half day park, I try to get to the same rides and go and get to another park. But it's still great to explore and I'm happy that there's another park to enjoy, nothing can really be comparable to Magic Kingdom and Epcot though, but that's okay! :goodvibes

Congratulations!! :goodvibes You're doing a terrific job on your first trip report. You ate at some great restaurants - really interested in hearing about Restaurant Marrakesh- and sounds like you got plenty of pixie dust moments. pixiedust:

And do I read correctly that you're planning a "Disneymoon?" So fun! :yay:

Keeping my fingers crossed for your DF that he hears from the police academy soon!

Thank you! :goodvibes I appreciate you saying that! The restaurants were sooo good, and Marrakesh is just the best, I can't wait to write about it!

Everyone keeps telling us that we need to go somewhere else for our honeymoon since we just came back from Disney and got engaged there. It's the only big vacation DF and I have ever taken alone, 2009 and this year, and we can't get enough, we're just trying not to listen and plan on having a Disneymoon anyway! :thumbsup2

He actually heard from them and they turned him down this time, but we're keeping our fingers crossed that they'll call him soon for the next round! Thank you for the well wishes! :)

Sorry it rained your whole day at AK. Funny, I don't ever remember getting rained on there. And many times I would have loved some rain to cool off.

The cupcake looks great, may have to try that one some time.

Congrats on getting engaged at DW! I too got engaged there back in April 2012 at Cinderella's Royal Table. Got married in June and took our Disneymoon in August. It's truly a magical place!

100_0661.jpg

On our fourth big park day, we were scheduled to go to Animal Kingdom. Now, let me explain our ideas about this park before I get into our day- we were disappointed with it the first time around in 2009, this time, during the duration of my planning, I discovered lots of things that we missed the first time (ie- Festival of the Lion King, Camp Minnie Mickey, Kali River Rapids, etc..) so I was going to give it another fighting chance at impressing us. Well, it rained, and when I say rain, I mean down pour for the entire day. You know how they say it only rains an hour, two at the most in FL- this was a day that that didn't hold true. We were soaked through and through, and the first time in '09 when we came, it rained! There's some kind of omen about this park for us!

What day were you at AK??We went for a half day on the 18th (our departure day) and got poured on! We bailed and just started our drive early because it looked like it was not letting up!

FOTLK is incredible! We saw it two times this past trip!

We were in the line for Camp Minnie/Mickey to see Mickey one last time when the storm started. Ugh.

Enjoying the TR!

Lovin the report! I teared up more than I would like to admit during the proposal lol Can`t wait to see the rest of your trip!

All caught up.

The proposal pics were great.

Seems like fun times.

Looking forward to more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter