Are YOU dressing up for MNSSHP?

Definately dressing up - love that sort of thing!

I keep changing my mind what to go as though, not through lack of ideas just too many :rotfl:

Even if you do dress up in full costumes you won't be outta place. Tons do even in the heat.The only thing I would ask of people is please do not put your toddlers or infants in those furry costumes in the heat.I saw several small children bright red faced, drenched in sweat, in those furry pooh character costumes. It was 85 deg plus 100% humidity that night

I'm so shocked people do that to their kids. Some just have no common sense. Lucy isn't even going with us that night. She'll only be 1 anyways. We'll take her in a few years when she can enjoy it more and even then she'll wear a cool costume. No fur in Florida. That's my rule.

We're definitely dressing up. My DD will be at the BBB earlier that day, so she will be a princess. The rest of the fam and I are thinking of doing Pirates.. easy, quick and comfy ;)

As much as I adore seeing some of the really elaborate costumes people come up with, the past couple of years I wear some sort of a themed t-shirt, and accessorize that. So, I wear a costume of sorts, just not anything too fancy..it's just too hot in September.

This year, I'm wearing an "evil queen" shirt that says DIVA on it from the Disney Store..I'll wear black capris and dark makeup and I found a black crown cheap at a costume shop. My sister is doing the same, but with a Tinkerbell theme(she's blond).:thumbsup2

Yeah luvthemouse71 that sounds like a good way to go if you don't wan't to wear a costume. Wear a neat halloween t-shirt and accessorize around that.

We all are! I tried thinking of all really original themes for us to go as, but DH insists that since there are 7 of us we have to go as the 7 dwarfs. lol. So I will be going as Doc since I am the only one who wears glasses. ;)

We are attending on my birthday, so I will be going as the birthday girl LOL. DD 6 is either Sleeping beauty or belle (we got the short/sleeveless ballerina style at the disney store last week for 40% off!!!). DH is deciding: probably a tee shirt type of "costume".

I'm not sure what we'll do yet, but I really want to. DS(2) will be going as one of the conductors from the Disney World Railroad. I've already started sewing his costume - I'm that excited! I'm hoping to be some size pregnant at that point, so I'll probably have to wait until last minute to do mine and the hubby's costumes.

We dress up for MNSSHP (and Disneyland's MTOTP) in near movie replica quality Star Wars costumes (we each have different Jedi outfits and I have all Han Solo costumes). I use the plastic orange blasters sold in the parks instead of the replica ones, to avoid problems. The fabrics are a lot lighter than they look - they breathe well in the heat - but we still don't wear the cloaks. Here's what two of our costumes look like (Han Solo, EP6 and Obi-Wan, EP3):

preview_hansolo6_resize0.jpg
preview_obi2_0010.jpg

Star Wars is represented in Disney parks, so we feel that dressing up in SW costumes is fitting for their Halloween parties.

We dressed up last year and will be dressing up again this year. We like to go the whole hog so all three of us (all adults) go to BBB first to get our hair done then its costumes on and off to the party.

My sister makes our costumes so they are made from cool materials wherever possible. I think we are going as Snow White, Cindrella and Sleeping Beauty this year. :yay:

Awesome ideas everyone! We are going with a Cinderella theme, with me as Cinderella and DBF and DS as my 2 Prince Charmings :) EBAY is the way to go for purchasing! I thought I would share our past Disney themed costumes to!

Peter Pan, made the Smee costume with spray fabric paint, and white hair spray. Bought DS Hook on EBAY, and my PP at a local store (which was rather pricey!)
n502482591_1473712_1243.jpg

106_0001.jpg

This year we dressed up as Mickey, Minnie, and Donald, but for some reason I cant find the pics! Prob too hot for an Aug or Sept MNSSHP!
l_f0849ed7f87d2f276d8777a5be7a22f1.jpg

Pirates! Again, really easy- my costume was made out of stuff I found in my closet!
n502482591_2577_9800.jpg

We dress up for MNSSHP (and Disneyland's MTOTP) in near movie replica quality Star Wars costumes (we each have different Jedi outfits and I have all Han Solo costumes). I use the plastic orange blasters sold in the parks instead of the replica ones, to avoid problems. The fabrics are a lot lighter than they look - they breathe well in the heat - but we still don't wear the cloaks. Here's what two of our costumes look like (Han Solo, EP6 and Obi-Wan, EP3):

preview_hansolo6_resize0.jpg
preview_obi2_0010.jpg

Star Wars is represented in Disney parks, so we feel that dressing up in SW costumes is fitting for their Halloween parties.

That is awesome!~ Wish I could have seen them yesterday so I could have said, "May the FOURTH be with you" :goodvibes

We love dressing up for parties! We were pirates for a PP&P. Last MNSSHP I was the mad hatter while DF stuck with being a pirate (old reliable). It was not too hot in our costumes. We will def be doing a MNSSHP this year while we are down doing our CP at disney. Our pirate costumes we made from a combo of thift store clothes and our own clothes. I bought the Mad hatter costume at a locale costume shop.

Picture034-1.jpg

l_6d43290545084c14a5ff28d4f19d1a90.jpg

We want to go as the characters from Monsters Inc. I am however having trouble figuring out how to make a Sulley costume that isn't hot. Maybe just do face & hair in blue and add horns. My wife will be Mike. Just a green t-shirt with an eye on it and a blue Monsters inc hard hat. She didn't like the idea of going as Roz though. DD10 may be Boo since it is just an over-sized pink t-shirt & pig tails. DD12 wants to be Eeyore so maybe just some donkey ear headband and a tail.

We love dressing up for parties! We were pirates for a PP&P. Last MNSSHP I was the mad hatter while DF stuck with being a pirate (old reliable). It was not too hot in our costumes. We will def be doing a MNSSHP this year while we are down doing our CP at disney. Our pirate costumes we made from a combo of thift store clothes and our own clothes. I bought the Mad hatter costume at a locale costume shop.

Picture034-1.jpg

l_6d43290545084c14a5ff28d4f19d1a90.jpg

I LOVE your Mad Hatter costume! Adorable! Where did you get the Mickey Jack O Lantern??

I LOVE your Mad Hatter costume! Adorable! Where did you get the Mickey Jack O Lantern??

Thanks
We bought the Jack O Lantern at the candy store on main street. It is really cute glow in the dark (certain parts).

This is going to be my BF and I's first MNSSHP so we decided to keep it kind of simple.

He is going to go as Wolverine since he already has out of control hair (head and facial). I figure the costume will be pretty simple, jeans, leather jacket, then the hair styled just a bit. I guess we can't really do the claws since thats kind of a fake weapon?

I was going to be Rogue since I already have red hair. I am just going to die a white stripe in it and then probably wear my yellow jacket, tribute to the cartoon, since I am not even going to approach yellow spandex and maybe some black pants.

Then maybe we could find little sew on X patches or somethin.

The costumes won't be very complicated, but hopefully they work and people can tell who we are.

I didn't...but honestly Sept was so hot that though we brought costumes we ended up not wearing them. This year we are doing matching Halloween tshirts

This is what I want to do. Where are you getting your shirts - are you having them custom made by some of the DIS creators? I'm just not sure exactly where to start with this idea.:confused3

My sister and I are going in September. You have to be a little more creative with your costume so that it's light weight at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter