• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are you averse to the 'new' 5-day pass only? Please read and comment...

Dear Mr. H*****:

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

We appreciate your feedback regarding our current ticket offers and apologize for any disappointment caused by recent changes made to the availability of days on our DISNEYLAND ® Resort Park Hopper® tickets.
We would like to assure you that our goals for providing a happy and unique experience in our theme parks have remained constant throughout the years. One of the ways in which we attempt to maintain this goal is to continually evaluate the various aspects of our operation and make changes at times. We rely on input from our Guests to help us determine when these changes should remain in effect or when we should implement something different.

While we realize that it is impossible to please everyone at all times with the decisions that are made, it is always our goal to provide a quality experience for our Guests. As we no longer offer more than 5 days on our DISNEYLAND®Resort Park Hopper®, you may wish to consider a combination of our 1-, 2-, 3-, 4- or 5-day Park Hoppers that best meets your needs, or perhaps an Annual Passport may be a viable option for you to consider. In any case, we would invite you to visit us online for more specific tickets information, including any blockout dates.

For Guests visiting the DISNEYLAND® Resort for more than one day, discounted tickets are also made at selected times throughout the year.
These may be offered through schools, companies, sports organizations, grocery stores, and other organizations. Generally, these promotional tickets are not sold at the DISNEYLAND® Resort Main Entrance ticket booths, so you may also wish to look into this prior to your arrival.

Again, thank you for contacting us. Comments such as yours are welcomed in that they assist us in evaluating our operation and our success in generating happiness for our Guests. We hope you will have the opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and that our attractions and entertainment will delight you in every way.

Sincerely,

Suzn Gates
DISNEYLAND® Resort
Guest Experience Services

Received date: 8/25/12

Mods:I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention another site by name, if not please delete.

There is a thread on the Micechat boards titled "I guess I should have done my research" where they are talking about no longer being able to upgrade to a 6 day pass. I seems many are unaware of the change over there. I'm going post to see if I can get this discussion going and get them involved too. I suggest everyone chime in there too. After you've read the DIS of course!!!

The information needs to get out to park visitors who mostly use parkhoppers. Some people will not be able to spend the added money and purchase an Annual Pass.

I am sure many people still believe that they can upgrade their 5 day parkhopper, and they will be quite angry when they arrive at a ticket booth, and discover that they can't.

The Disboards broke the news on this, and other Disney Boards will most likely catch up. The important thing is to spread the news, and perhaps enough people will take some type of action to let Disney know they are upset.

especially coming from a company like Disney who's greatest claims are bringing happiness to families
Disney is in the business of selling happiness. That's not exactly the same as wanting its customers to be happy.

Mods:I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention another site by name, if not please delete.

There is a thread on the Micechat boards titled "I guess I should have done my research" where they are talking about no longer being able to upgrade to a 6 day pass. I seems many are unaware of the change over there. I'm going post to see if I can get this discussion going and get them involved too. I suggest everyone chime in there too. After you've read the DIS of course!!!

The antagonists on that thread are saying people should not whine about increased prices. But we on this thread know this is not about the standard price increases that happen once or twice per year. Those are expected.

The antagonists on that thread are saying people should not whine about increased prices. But we on this thread know this is not about the standard price increases that happen once or twice per year. Those are expected.

I found the thread when it was fairly new. I'm heading over to check it out now.

Another standard response saying it's no longer available to purchase, but this one acknowledges the fraud issue ...

8/29/2012

Dear Cory:

We appreciate your additional thoughts regarding our 6-Day Park Hopper
tickets. Please be assured we take your comments very seriously.
Unfortunately, even with verification, our 6-Day Park Hopper tickets are
no longer available for purchase. Please accept our apologies for this
disappointment and be assured your remarks have been forwarded to the
necessary leadership team so they are aware of your feedback.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Lauren Brooks
DISNEYLAND® Resort

I was listening to the most recent podcast and they mentioned in the news that there was a problem with ticket fraud recently and the police arrested someone who was selling fake tickets on Craigslist. This person had scammed over 50 people I believe. I have no idea the kind of ticket involved, but it does seem to indicate that Disneyland may be cracking down on ticket fraud in general and the multi-day parkhoppers may have been collateral damage. I hope that Disney finds a way to sell the longer parkhoppers again. ::yes::

If that's the same person I am thinking of, that was a different issue. It wasn't "sharing" a single ticket. That was someone who was re-selling the *same* print-at-home ticket to several different people.

With the Australian tickets, we had to show our Aussie ID to pick them up, and we had to show our ID at the gates everyday as well. So I guess checking ID isn't really that hard :confused3

Last year was the first time we had to show ID daily at the gate, when we have never had to in the previous 4 years no idea why it changed.

I would be soo upset if they take away our extended tickets. Really hope they change this for you guys :goodvibes

Thanks! :) Apparently, checking ID is 'hard', as was stated in ValpoCory's letter that he or she received recently from Disney. :(

Thanks for mentioning that to us, and for letting them know about this thread. The more people who know, the more may respond here, and the more will get in touch with Disney to let them know of our great disappointment in the new ticket policies.

Dear Mr. H*****:

We appreciate your feedback regarding our current ticket offers and apologize for any disappointment caused by recent changes made to the availability of days on our DISNEYLAND ® Resort Park Hopper® tickets.
We would like to assure you that our goals for providing a happy and unique experience in our theme parks have remained constant throughout the years. One of the ways in which we attempt to maintain this goal is to continually evaluate the various aspects of our operation and make changes at times. We rely on input from our Guests to help us determine when these changes should remain in effect or when we should implement something different.

While we realize that it is impossible to please everyone at all times with the decisions that are made, it is always our goal to provide a quality experience for our Guests. As we no longer offer more than 5 days on our DISNEYLAND®Resort Park Hopper®, you may wish to consider a combination of our 1-, 2-, 3-, 4- or 5-day Park Hoppers that best meets your needs, or perhaps an Annual Passport may be a viable option for you to consider. In any case, we would invite you to visit us online for more specific tickets information, including any blockout dates.

For Guests visiting the DISNEYLAND® Resort for more than one day, discounted tickets are also made at selected times throughout the year.
These may be offered through schools, companies, sports organizations, grocery stores, and other organizations. Generally, these promotional tickets are not sold at the DISNEYLAND® Resort Main Entrance ticket booths, so you may also wish to look into this prior to your arrival.

Again, thank you for contacting us. Comments such as yours are welcomed in that they assist us in evaluating our operation and our success in generating happiness for our Guests. We hope you will have the opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and that our attractions and entertainment will delight you in every way.

Sincerely,

Suzn Gates
DISNEYLAND® Resort

Received date: 8/25/12

Another 'blah blah blah, buy another ticket, or purchase an annual pass, etc.' answer from them. (Generic, just more things added now.) Now they are starting to show us that there may be discounted tickets at stores, etc. We are not asking where to buy cheaper Park Hoppers, Disney, savvy DISboard members already know. ;) What we ARE asking for, is to be able to purchase more than 5-day Park Hoppers at a reasonable price.

The information needs to get out to park visitors who mostly use parkhoppers. Some people will not be able to spend the added money and purchase an Annual Pass.

I am sure many people still believe that they can upgrade their 5 day parkhopper, and they will be quite angry when they arrive at a ticket booth, and discover that they can't.

The Disboards broke the news on this, and other Disney Boards will most likely catch up. The important thing is to spread the news, and perhaps enough people will take some type of action to let Disney know they are upset.

Yes, from what was being said on the other board's thread, people were not yet aware they could not add on to their tickets, so it's good that they are all aware of it now. This is in motion now, and it's not going to stop. More and more people are joining on, and contacting Disney as well.

Disney is in the business of selling happiness. That's not exactly the same as wanting its customers to be happy.

They do claim in their letters that we are important to them, and they do hint that they are striving to make us happy. But yes, it looks like right now, they are not doing well on either account - not selling happiness to us, and not making us happy.

Yes, you have an excellent point, we are not arguing with Disney over recent price increases, but we are stating that it is not unreasonable to purchase more than a 5 day Park Hopper, especially with all of the new recent changes.

I found the thread when it was fairly new. I'm heading over to check it out now.
:thumbsup2

Another standard response saying it's no longer available to purchase, but this one acknowledges the fraud issue ...
This is the first time they have stated that they can't check ID. Funny, they do that for other countries, but won't for anyone else? There are ways, Disney. Maybe some of your imagineers can find a way to help you meet new goals of being able to sell the more than 5-day park hoppers again.

I was listening to the most recent podcast and they mentioned in the news that there was a problem with ticket fraud recently and the police arrested someone who was selling fake tickets on Craigslist. This person had scammed over 50 people I believe. I have no idea the kind of ticket involved, but it does seem to indicate that Disneyland may be cracking down on ticket fraud in general and the multi-day parkhoppers may have been collateral damage. I hope that Disney finds a way to sell the longer parkhoppers again. ::yes::

This took place because the clients were all ripped off, but normally in Disney's case it appears they don't usually go after the ones who are selling the tickets. They could track them down though, if they wanted, because they have actual offices, etc. apparently.

If that's the same person I am thinking of, that was a different issue. It wasn't "sharing" a single ticket. That was someone who was re-selling the *same* print-at-home ticket to several different people.

Yes, exactly. It was so many people being ripped off. There are legit places to purchase slightly less expensive tickets, and people should be going only to reputable sources for their tickets.

It is apparent that Disney will run their themeparks exactly the way they want, and as a fan, all I can do is the math. I will have to find the best way to add up my themepark ticket prices, my hotel cost, my airfare cost, and my food costs, so it's within my budget.

It just may mean that I travel less than usual. In the meantime, my time will be spent getting my Disneyland fix on great websites like this one, and one other that I frequent daily.

This took place because the clients were all ripped off, but normally in Disney's case it appears they don't usually go after the ones who are selling the tickets. They could track them down though, if they wanted, because they have actual offices, etc. apparently.

From what I understand "renting" tickets is not illegal so Disney can't simply go to the police and have them shut down.

It is apparent that Disney will run their themeparks exactly the way they want, and as a fan, all I can do is the math. I will have to find the best way to add up my themepark ticket prices, my hotel cost, my airfare cost, and my food costs, so it's within my budget.

It just may mean that I travel less than usual. In the meantime, my time will be spent getting my Disneyland fix on great websites like this one, and one other that I frequent daily.

Halleluiah to websites such as this for getting our Disney fix! :) Yes, many may travel less than usual to the Resort, or not at all, over this ticketing change. Hopefully that will change soon, where they bring back the longer-than-5-day Park Hoppers.

From what I understand "renting" tickets is not illegal so Disney can't simply go to the police and have them shut down.

You are right, I've heard that before, but it does go against Disney ticket policy printed on the back, and with biometrics and/or random checks for signatures and ID, it could work still for Disney. Either that, or initially have everyone get a photo sticker taken on the spot, stuck to the card, along with getting them to sign and seeing their ID. That wouldn't cost that much for them to do, and would curtail fraudulent ticket use quite well.

I think what bugs me the most is the way guests have been blindsided by this decision.

No warning at all, just - taken off of the websites, etc. All at once- air miles websites suddenly offering only 3 and 5 day Park Hopper tickets (for Canadians), same for flightcentre.ca, no more passes past 5 days.

You are right, I've heard that before, but it does go against Disney ticket policy printed on the back, and with biometrics and/or random checks for signatures and ID, it could work still for Disney.

Well, I still think it could be construed as fraud. Not against Disney, but against their customers who would have a reasonable expectation that these tickets could get them into the park.

The problems with this are:
a) It's a dicier legal position to sell, and a prosecutor may decide that a win isn't likely enough, so s/he won't expend the effort, and
b) The injured party isn't Disney, it's the customer. So to make a case, the prosecutor would need the assistance of the customer, who, c'mon, probably knew that it wasn't kosher.

So I still think it's a case of fraud, but one that may not be winnable.

-Bob

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort. We appreciate you
taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are concerned with the disappointments you mentioned in your e-mail.
As you are aware, our goal is to provide the finest service and
accommodations. Please be assured we do take our Guest comments very
seriously, and take them into consideration when evaluating our
operation. Your remarks have been forwarded to the appropriate leaders
so they are aware of your experiences.

It is never an easy decision to modify our ticket offerings, and we
offer our apologies for any disappointment this may cause. Please know
that, any change in the DISNEYLAND® Resort ticket offerings are only
made after thorough research.

Again, thank you for contacting us. Comments such as yours are welcomed
in that they assist us in evaluating our operation and our success in
generating happiness for our Guests. We hope you will have the
opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and that our
attractions and entertainment will delight you in every way.

Sincerely,

Lauren Brooks
DISNEYLAND® Resort

Received date: 8/24/12

This is word for word the response I received...right down to the signature block. Frustrating to say the least.

Brian Noble said:

Right, but my point is that regardless of the tickets he was selling, could there be an attempt by Disney to put a halt to all forms of fraud? This would include the renting or sharing of 6-8 day park hoppers, which were the most profitable type of ticket for these scammers.

It could be a reason for why the longer park hoppers were discontinued.

Just wanted to say thanks to Jory29 for all your hard work on this and keeping us so informed. It's "US" that changes things and hopefully someone will listen.
Our trip begins Oct 6th in Gallup New Mexico when we board Amtrak at 7:30 in the evening and end up in Fullerton California at 6:30 in the morning. We are at the Disneyland Hotel until Friday evening for our 5th year straight at my favorite place on the planet, alas next year I won't be able to have the same deal as this year because.....
no 6 to 8 day parkhoppers!! Hopefully Mr Disney will look down from Disney heaven and spark something in the powers that be that we Disney nuts need all the breaks we can get to be able to have grand vacations in the magic kingdom.
We all scrimp and save, everybody does so help us out guys and read these letters and get something done. :worship:

Well, I still think it could be construed as fraud. Not against Disney, but against their customers who would have a reasonable expectation that these tickets could get them into the park.

The problems with this are:
a) It's a dicier legal position to sell, and a prosecutor may decide that a win isn't likely enough, so s/he won't expend the effort, and
b) The injured party isn't Disney, it's the customer. So to make a case, the prosecutor would need the assistance of the customer, who, c'mon, probably knew that it wasn't kosher.

So I still think it's a case of fraud, but one that may not be winnable.

-Bob
Overall, general concensus on this thread seems to be that it isn't necessarily due to fraud that they eliminated the 'longer-than-5-day Park Hopper passes'... it has been mentioned by Disney themselves that 'the 6 day Park Hoppers were not big sellers' as well, this has been going on for soooo long now, that they would have (IMO) chosen to stop the possibility of fraudulent tickets much sooner. It is my guess they are so busy now in the parks that they don't need any 'more' business, so they cut out the lengthier passes... I would like to tell Disney it IS boards like this - the DISboards - that stoke my fire, and make me WANT to be there so badly - the silly little ads on TV, or the 100 0000 000 gazillion balloons on Modern Family (Great show BTW!) to advertise the Park in all it's splendor did not do anything for me to make me want to visit the Parks. Yet here it is - the loyal DISers, and as we see now, those who take a peek from other Disney boards, etc. who are asking for a small thing which means SOOO much to us. It's strange that the Disney Execs will not acknowledge that we like to spend more than 5 days in the Parks. It makes me think the Disney Execs have lost their fire for the passion of Disney, and maybe they should think of stoking their fires again by visiting the DISboards, and seeing the REAL love and admiration (as well as Loyalty) for the parks.

This is word for word the response I received...right down to the signature block. Frustrating to say the least.

That is frustrating!! 'Blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah, we are not doing anything about this, and we like to send copied and pasted comments with NO personalization because we really don't care, blah blah blah.' Argh!

Right, but my point is that regardless of the tickets he was selling, could there be an attempt by Disney to put a halt to all forms of fraud? This would include the renting or sharing of 6-8 day park hoppers, which were the most profitable type of ticket for these scammers.

It could be a reason for why the longer park hoppers were discontinued.

It could be... but the fact it went on for sooo long indicates to most of us it really wasn't. It seems there are a variety of reasons floating out there, and most of us just want to have this remedied, for whatever the reason was.

Just wanted to say thanks to Jory29 for all your hard work on this and keeping us so informed. It's "US" that changes things and hopefully someone will listen.
Our trip begins Oct 6th in Gallup New Mexico when we board Amtrak at 7:30 in the evening and end up in Fullerton California at 6:30 in the morning. We are at the Disneyland Hotel until Friday evening for our 5th year straight at my favorite place on the planet, alas next year I won't be able to have the same deal as this year because.....
no 6 to 8 day parkhoppers!! Hopefully Mr Disney will look down from Disney heaven and spark something in the powers that be that we Disney nuts need all the breaks we can get to be able to have grand vacations in the magic kingdom.
We all scrimp and save, everybody does so help us out guys and read these letters and get something done. :worship:

Yea-ah!! I bolded the part I hope will happen. Thanks for the thank you for this thread, we are all a team working together, and I love that this team is getting bigger and bigger.

I have STILL not yet heard from Disney - I would think by now they should have written back. Tomorrow is Friday, I will hope someone contacts me personally, so I can relay any information on to all of you.

Thanks everyone, on the DISboards for your support in trying to get this situation remedied... I just want to say - if you are reading this, and lurking, (maybe shy, etc...) PLEASE do jump in and create a post explaining how you feel. Everyone on the DISboards is very friendly, and we could use all the support we can get. I happen to believe Disney execs are all reading this thread (maybe they have their researchers in on it ;) ) and in my heart, I believe they need to decide whether this will help or hinder their operations.

HELP your operations, the final outcome will be, we are sure, as the longer we go to the Parks, the more money we spend.

Thanks. Lauren Brooks must be getting tired of us.

Ha ha, except for, when they (probably) skim the emails and as soon as they see '6 day Park Hopper' mentioned, (probably) have been instructed to copy and paste one of the variety of their replies.

NONE of the replies are very personalized, (copy and paste replies to all... Hello, Disney, we are comparing notes here on the DISboards as you well know, so we know it is a copy and paste for the most part) so I feel as though no one person who is writing back 'understands' or most importantly as in good customer experience, acknowledges the very personal set of circumstances that each one of us who has written in has displayed to them.

I know it is not the person replying back who is responding, but rather, Disney, and what THEY have told each and every single Cast Member how to respond to us.

Maybe when Disney tires of us all, they will change things back to the way they used to be. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter