Are you averse to the 'new' 5-day pass only? Please read and comment...

I agree with most of what you say however - I think anyone 40" and up should pay the same price. Most rides have no height requirement, most that do are 40".

Most guests reach 40" by the time they are 3 and a half. And 3 year olds pay 90-94% of the cost that adults pay, so for the most part Disney agrees with you.

I have emailed twice now this month. The first response I got a cpl weeks ago was a general "thank you for your comments" email. The second reply was actually a phone call!

While at work yesterday I got a voice mail from a CM apologizing for my unhappiness (we are staying 7 nights, 8 full days at the GCH starting next wk). I do have a cpl half day excursions planned, but like most we want to tour slow, shop, enjoy the pools, etc.

The CM said that due to recent fraudulent activity as of last week they have no way to extend the tickets past 5 days. She then suggested I get an AP after the first cpl days of our trip (they are blackout days).

I had also said in my email that I wouldn't have booked as long of a stay if I knew that by upgrading to an AP (nearly $700 more) or buying another set of 2 or 3 day tickets would be our only way of enjoying the parks for our length of stay.

The last 3 times we've been to DL we did 3-4 day trips. I do understand those that say you can do what you want in that time. Our goal for this trip was to take a different pace and do all the little things we normally skip:(

Hopefully more people write in. It won't change my trip next wk but might help others:)

If you e-mail a company and say how disapponted you are with them but that you are still going to use their service, what reaction do you think the company will have? This reminds me of people complaining about ticket prices for sporting events that are sold out. How can you complain? The company is trying to maximize profits.

The attendance numbers are apparently doing well with the launch of Cars Land and even the increase on AP costs have not dampened demand. If you want to make an impact and show them how you feel, stop going to the park.

So many interesting and helpful replies, thanks very much to everyone contributing to this posting. :flower3:

It is of merit to note that those stating that by supporting the company still, (by purchasing at least the 5 day park hopper pass), that Disney may not get the point of changing current ticketing methods if they don't feel the monetary loss.

On the other hand, with all of us being such hardcore Disney fans, it's clear that so many of us would still keep going. myself included. That being said, there are many people who are not such diehard Disney fans who will simply look elsewhere if they can't take the week long vacation with more days at Disneyland.

Valid point too, where it was mentioned that Disneyland has touted itself as a vacation spot - Disneyland RESORT do they not call it? What resort tries to limit their guests to only 5 days? Is it possible they simply are at an all time ticket sales high, and do not wish to accommodate more guests in their theme parks?

I also agree with the poster who mentioned it would be great if a newspaper or magazine could write an article about this new ticketing procedure. It would perhaps help to prompt Disneyland to be a little bit more understanding of their guests park hopper passes needs.

My reply from Disneyland, in answer to my email was fairly neutral I feel, so yet another excellent idea from the poster who requested to Disneyland that their comments be logged as a formal complaint. On the other hand, it looks like my remarks were forwarded to a leadership team, so that was good.

This is the reply I had received:

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

We appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns with us about
the discontinued ticket media. As you are aware, our goal is to provide
the finest service and accommodations. Please be assured we take your
comments very seriously. Your remarks have been forwarded to the
necessary leadership team so they are aware of your feedback.

Again, thank you for contacting us. Comments such as yours are welcomed
in that they assist us in evaluating our operation and our success in
generating happiness for our Guests. We hope you will have the
opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and that our
attractions and entertainment will delight you in every way.

Sincerely,

DISNEYLAND® Resort
Guest Experience Services

And yes, to the poster who mentioned the annual pass blackout dates - for those of us who may go to Disneyland fewer than say, 14 days or so during the year, due to long distance travel, it is more beneficial for us to have say, 2 passes valid for up to 7 days each, etc. so that there are no blackout dates. Because it would less than 4% of the year (365 day pass, using 14 days) this is another reason I am rationalizing that blackout dates and upgrading to annual passes don't work for the long distance Disney fans.

This is really interesting to me, how many of you wrote in, or will write in, to let Disneyland know how dissatisfied with this new ticket policy, and hopefully with enough correspondence from those here on the boards, we can encourage Disneyland to find a way to prevent fraudulent ticket use, as well as resolve this issue to our satisfaction.

I will write again to Disneyland Resort with a link to this thread, and see what sort of response I receive when someone from Disneyland reads it.

Thanks for all of the input. Everyone's posts are excellent!

One more thought... Though I see the point that a 10 year old is most certainly taking up just as much space on the ride as an adult... it is nice for the adults paying for the trip to get a bit of a break in the ticket price for child's pricing since they pay for themselves too, to be able to take their child(ren) into the park, and spend so much money on the entire trip in the parks. Hotels usually offer for children to stay for free, of course I am not asking for Disneyland to offer free park stays for children, but in my opinion, 12 or 13 years and up would be more suitable to be considered an adult in terms of payment for a ticket, with perhaps even a 'junior pricing' for the non-toddlers, implemented. A 3-tier pricing structure would not be that difficult to implement.

Edited to add: I just emailed a response to the customer service rep. who had initially responded to my concerns. I directed them to this post in my response, so they know that so many others are also disappointed in the new 5 day maximum Park Hopper ticket policy.

I just sent my letter, and outlined my frustration in detail. The letter finished with this:

I understand your need to curb fraud, but I urge you to look into other options. Why not implement biometrics as they do at Disney World? Why not require a signature and ID at the gate?

We'll see if I get a comment in return.

I just sent my letter, and outlined my frustration in detail. The letter finished with this:

I understand your need to curb fraud, but I urge you to look into other options. Why not implement biometrics as they do at Disney World? Why not require a signature and ID at the gate?

We'll see if I get a comment in return.

Good call. Biometrics is obviously the answer, although there is a setup cost to implement it.

I just sent an email too. Explaining our numerous previous trips where we spend 7-8 nights in either the Grand Californian or the Disneyland Hotel and how we will be looking into other, non Disneyland options in the future due to the policy. I wish I could say it was an exaggeration, but it isn't.

Biometrics seems 'iffy' at some points if it's not working properly, (I'm saying this due to reading about issues with it at WDW on the DISboards) but is still an excellent idea if they can get it to work. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Thanks, Lucille1963 for informing Disneyland Resort of how this will affect your future plans. And again, thanks to everyone else, too, for responding to this thread; it is only by open communication we may be able to persuade the Disneyland Resort to seriously look at and consider this issue (5 day max. limit Park Hopper passes) that so many of us now are requesting that it be changed.

It's crazy how visitors can come up to solutions to disneys problems that would benefit everyone yet Disney can only come up with with solutions that cost more money to the very ones that spend their money at the resort! Sad that the ones that truly use them for a longer stay at the resort get punished for the ones that do the crime. Hopefully they take everyone suggestions and come up with a solution that makes everyone happy.

I do plan on sending a letter in the coming days. I find the whole thing rather frustrating as for summer visits you are precluded from getting anything but the most expensive annual pass which really is absurd. We loved having our 6 days this year and would have liked 7. With a small child, we spend more limited time in the park then the average Disney guest and partake of things for long lengths of time that the average Disney guest may not. (ie. 1 hour plus at Tom Sawyer, Toontown, Redcreek Nature Trail. For many of these it was 1.5 hours or more. Our typical park day is 7:30-11:30 and 5-7:30. (with some exceptions). We definitely like the option of poking into the park for a little bit-perhaps on arrival day and departure day?

We also prefer to get our wish list of items done before shopping. This year, with how the park tickets worked out that meant looking around World of Disney but finding out that the Carsland merchandise we wanted was only in the park (with a hefty fee to go in).

We like traveling and enjoying vacation at a leisurely pace-if we have to rush to get things done we as a family won't enjoy it as much. It definitely won't make a yearly trip a possibility-we'd need more time to recover!

When we are there-we spend money. Carthay Circle, 3 character meals, photopass plus, souvenirs (time willing), upper floor view hotel rooms, sit down meals. In our past visit 100% of the time we were at the hotel we were spending our money at Disney.

I'm saying this due to reading about issues with it at WDW on the DISboards
As a frequent WDW visitor, I think most of those issues aren't nearly as big as they might seem from the DISboards perspective.

As a frequent WDW visitor, I think most of those issues aren't nearly as big as they might seem from the DISboards perspective.

This is great to hear! :thumbsup2 Thanks for posting.

CGH, you hit it right on. Leisurely can mean taking the time to stop to smell the roses, or draw a picture at the Animation Academy, etc. With a 5 day pass you don't have as much time to do so, and yes, for summer visits, the most expensive annual pass would need to be purchased so as to avoid the blackout dates, so yet another argument for an increased number of days to the current 5-day maximum that the Disneyland Resort is currently selling.

I have already received an email from when I replied earlier today to a previous email from the Disneyland Resort. It was courteous and very quick on their part, and I hope this means something will pan out in the near future in regards to these tickets. I've copied and pasted it here:

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

Your comments concerning the 6 - Day and up Park Hoppers are
appreciated. Please know that comments such as yours are taken into
consideration and we can assure you they have been shared with the
appropriate management for their review.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

DISNEYLAND® Resort
Guest Experience Services

Edited to add: I have replied back, with a request that someone contact me personally if they do make a change in the Park Hopper passes. This is what I stated:

Dear *****,

Thank you for your prompt and courteous reply!

I will keep monitoring that DISboard thread that I posted, and hopefully the fine folks at Disneyland will be viewing it as well, to better determine how best to accommodate their guests who are such avid fans and who do spend a lot of their hard earned dollars at the Disneyland resort, who have a strong desire/need for more than a 5 day park hopper pass.

Hopefully I will be contacted personally to be let known when or if changes in Park Hopper passes take place, (and I can then let those on the DISboards know as soon as I have heard back from someone from the Disneyland Resort.)

Thank you!

This just plain sucks. I planned my vacation before the updating of the tickets stopped and now I cannot change my flight so we will be stuck with one of our days not going to the parks and not having the cash to attend another park except maybe Knotts(meh).
I am on a strict budget for this trip I dont think I can justify $167 for my ds and I to spend one more day in the park. This is probably the only trip we will be able to take for a couple of years and so I really wanted to spend as much time as possible. I am going to email my concerns today. I can't imagine how upset my son will be when I tell him that even though we are accross the street from Disneyland that we can't go.... : (
We are going the end of Sept and I am still going to try my hardest for an extra day, it can't hurt to try I guess.

This just plain sucks. I planned my vacation before the updating of the tickets stopped and now I cannot change my flight so we will be stuck with one of our days not going to the parks and not having the cash to attend another park except maybe Knotts(meh).
I am on a strict budget for this trip I dont think I can justify $167 for my ds and I to spend one more day in the park. This is probably the only trip we will be able to take for a couple of years and so I really wanted to spend as much time as possible. I am going to email my concerns today. I can't imagine how upset my son will be when I tell him that even though we are accross the street from Disneyland that we can't go.... : (
We are going the end of Sept and I am still going to try my hardest for an extra day, it can't hurt to try I guess.

I feel for you and your son. This is exactly the type of situation others are finding themselves in. I believe this is pushing people out of the parks on those other days (past the 5 day Park Hopper pass) that they are still in Anaheim for a vacation, and this isn't good for visitors to Anaheim who want to go to the parks, nor can it be good for Disneyland. Let's hope they find a win-win situation so we all can benefit.

When I received my welcome packet for my room reservation at the Grand Californian for September, Disney recommended that I purchase 6 day tickets, so it makes very little sense to me why they. don 't sell the ticket they themselves recommended! I most certainly will not purchase another set of tickets for additional day or two or annual pass, though I can guarantee I would have spent quite a bit of money in the parks on the 6th day. It is also very annoying as our flight does until 6pm on the day we check out.

When I received my welcome packet for my room reservation at the Grand Californian for September, Disney recommended that I purchase 6 day tickets, so it makes very little sense to me why they. don 't sell the ticket they themselves recommended! I most certainly will not purchase another set of tickets for additional day or two or annual pass, though I can guarantee I would have spent quite a bit of money in the parks on the 6th day. It is also very annoying as our flight does until 6pm on the day we check out.

Hearing all of these stories is very disheartening to me - I understand completely how when you spend a lot of money to get to Anaheim for a Disneyland vacation, that you want to be in the Parks for as long as you possibly can. Especially because your flight doesn't leave until 6pm on the day that you check out, it would be difficult for you not to be able to purchase the 6 day Park Hopper passes. Had you asked them why that recommendation was presented to you? I'm assuming it was presented before they took that option away for everyone. Good luck!

This was my email:

We are going to be at Disneyland in December, and thankfully booked our package many months ago--with 6 day park hopppers. We have since learned that there are no park hoppers available for more than 5 days. While it doesn't affect this upcoming trip for us, this change will affect future trips--we prefer 6 days in the parks, to allow for plenty of nights to see fireworks from the hub, fantasmic and world of color, as well as the parades etc, and have found that with less than 6 days it is difficult to do this. May I suggest that you allow package purchasers to purchase park hoppers that are equal to the amount of nights they are staying at the resort plus 1 day (5 nights, 6 day hoppers.) Thank you.

This was my email:

We are going to be at Disneyland in December, and thankfully booked our package many months ago--with 6 day park hopppers. We have since learned that there are no park hoppers available for more than 5 days. While it doesn't affect this upcoming trip for us, this change will affect future trips--we prefer 6 days in the parks, to allow for plenty of nights to see fireworks from the hub, fantasmic and world of color, as well as the parades etc, and have found that with less than 6 days it is difficult to do this. May I suggest that you allow package purchasers to purchase park hoppers that are equal to the amount of nights they are staying at the resort plus 1 day (5 nights, 6 day hoppers.) Thank you.

Thanks for sharing that with us. I am glad you got in on the 6 day passes for your trip this time. :) My only concern with a request for those staying at the Disneyland Resorts potentially being allowed to match up their number of nights spent at the Resort hotels with the ideal number of days is that for so many, (including myself) when we travel to Anaheim to see Disneyland, the expense of getting over there costs so much (flight, etc.) that we really can not afford to stay in the Disneyland Resort hotels. It would be nice if they could match Disneyland Resort and Good Neighbor hotels, etc. with ideal number of nights but that would probably get so tricky to determine who was staying where, and when. ;) It is a great idea to allow people as much time in the parks as their hotel stay allows, and I hope that the Disneyland Resort is understanding of how necessary it is for their guests to feel satisfied with the number of days purchased in their Park Hopper passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!